Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2011

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Moshi Moshi is good quality and has a 50% off Monday night deal if you sign up to their website and collect a card or something. I only found out about this deal when I recently went on a Monday night, and once I'd paid full price commented about how busy the place was to the waiter.

The tempura oysters are lush to start. Then it's sashimi and dry lager all the way for me.

Not sure if Japanese is for me, I was astounded to see people near me eating what looked like Loincloth Soup in Waggamamas ? I have also tried 2 other Japanese eateries the names I forget and out of 4 meals, 3 of my meals have revisited me in the middle of the night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure if Japanese is for me, I was astounded to see people near me eating what looked like Loincloth Soup in Waggamamas ? I have also tried 2 other Japanese eateries the names I forget and out of 4 meals, 3 of my meals have revisited me in the middle of the night.

Mmmm. Maybe Jap food is not for you.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Went to the the Millan at Shoreham Saturday night a a positively stonking curry was had by all.

8/10

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone done this yet? Have it pencilled in for Thursday, although its delivery service only
BBQ Shack - Delivery / Menus

Blimey, that looks lurvely ! probably hugely bad for you but I think it's got to be done ! Ribs and a half a chicken for me, sometime soon !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Shoreham Ropetackle Fish and Chip Bar - went with Mini last night, very satisfactory fish and chips so 8/10

thekinglives

Aug 14, 2010
The Red Lion in Handcross.
Went there today, fab food and service. Great beers on tap too... Highly recommend it! 9/10

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
went to the red lion shoreham this afternoon,had a nice HOMEMADE,CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS PIE,with 4 veg,and decent gravy,very nice,7/10

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good to see Bodeans mentioned in London, ace rib/steak/meat/bbq place. Went to the one at Temple, lovely! Good choice of beers too 8/10

Interested in MoshiMoshi, been meaning to go for years, maybe I'll go one Monday!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Have recently launched a website to help indepedent Pubs & Restuarants compete with voucher cloud etc, can't really publicise on here or Bozza will send the boys round, understandably, PM me if you'd like more info. (Or we could do a deal Bozza?)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
whats DRAKES like on the Marine Parade bit? going there friday for my BIRTHDAY meal innit

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Eastern Eye, London Road.

There was nothing form my visit on Saturday night two weeks ago that could be described as a positive experience. In fact from all the positive reviews I have heard at work, expectation was high.

Let's start with the food. Both meals had raw chicken, and cold food. I had to ask for my potato twice, and what looked like dishwater arrived.

Cleanliness. The heater that was next to the table had not been cleaned in months. Neither had the dado rail or skirting. There were a group of lads next to our party who leant on their table which then decapitated itself from the base. they just managed to save some of their drinks, but they would have not been burned as their food was cold too.

Lastly, safety. An electrical switch was just about in the wall, so I nudged it slightly and the sign-age lights fused.

Very, very disappointing. I usually go to the Raj, and only went on some very good recommendations. Mine is give the place a swerve.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For London diners:

Been told by a few to avoid the new Heston place - Dinner. A bit emperors new clothes apparently, well cooked food, but overpriced for what it really is.

Been recommended Pollen Street Social by Jason Atherton that opens in a couple of weeks, great concept, Jason has a good track record for food and not following what is 'trendy', cocktails meant to be excellent too. Will head up soon and report back!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Went to The Greys for a spot of dinner last night and had a MARVELLOUS rib eye steak. It was bloody HUGE and realy well cooked (asked for medium rare and it was nicely on the rare side). Beautiful bit of meat.

Must say the starters aren't that inspiring but the mains were really good. Huge chowders and amb shanks were both enjoyed. Didn't pay attention to the veggie stuff because I don't class it as REAL food unless at a proper veggie gaff.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
went to the greys for a spot of dinner last night and had a marvellous rib eye steak. It was bloody huge and realy well cooked (asked for medium rare and it was nicely on the rare side). Beautiful bit of meat.

Must say the starters aren't that inspiring but the mains were really good. Huge chowders and amb shanks were both enjoyed. Didn't pay attention to the veggie stuff because i don't class it as real food unless at a proper veggie gaff.

rib eye,the only steak to have fact

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Anyone been to the Chilli Pickle since it re-openned? We're booked in on Saturday and not sure what to expect?

No. We were going to a birthday lunch but it really doesn't look nice at MyHotel, all too garish and plastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here