Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2011

pintsawhiskey

Apr 17, 2010
bn1
Went to the Elizabethan Tandoori in Patcham Village on Saturday night - Great service, nice bottle of Cobra, ambience not bad, but really sugary food. You didn't need dessert, the starters and main were dessert enough. 3/10. Worst Indian I have ever had.

Foods vile in there your right, try kemp spice kemp town top grub, really is good, bit like eating in sum 1s front room but good, and got sky sports!!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Great Thread this.

For an out of towner some good tips coming up.

Anyone been to the Ginger Pig recently?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm finding it impossible to reserve a table online

Booked solid for 3 months in advance .... More reservations will become available tomorrow (1st of month) - 1st time I turned up after 9pm without booking and managed to get a table

D

Deleted User X18H

Eateries visited so far this year:

Red Lion, Hove Place, Hove - £9 for Sunday roast. Tons of meat (I had pork), crackling and veg. 8/10

Planet Hollywood, Haymarket, London - Went as part of a theatre ticket deal. A meal of two halves. The starters, paid for, spot on. The mains, included in the deal, shithouse. 6/10

Ask, Meeting House Lane, Brighton - Decent food and service, though we did have a bit of a barney with the waiter over our printed vouchers because we didn't produce them until the end of the meal and the 'half price on all mains' deal only knocked £40 off a £160 bill. 6.5/10

Wetherspoons, Brighton Marina - For value for money you can't go wrong. Under twenty quid for starters, mains and drinks. Decent quality food (I had Moroccan meatballs and cous cous). Service was good. 8/10

Terre a Terre, East Street, Brighton - Beautifully presented food, and pleny of it (never thought I would be stuffed in a veggy place). Excellent service as well. You pay for it though, came to over £45 each. Glad work was paying. 7.5/10

Red Lion my arse , it's the Mary Packs!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Booked solid for 3 months in advance .... More reservations will become available tomorrow (1st of month) - 1st time I turned up after 9pm without booking and managed to get a table

If his other place is anything to go by then it's no surprise. I'll wait for the frenzy to cool and then try booking a table. Thanks.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bella Italia - Lanes, stunningly underwhelming with pretty poor service - a generous 4

Toscas Shoreham - usual quality food, 8.5 and going up

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
if you like thai go to The Giddling Squid New Church Road, 9/10

Yup, it's good. They have a decent and cheap express lunch time deal as well. You also get the added bonus of seeing me in there from time to time.

On the lunch break tip for Church Road I recommend The Giggling Squid, Bagelman (go for the hot salt beef) and Treacle which is a gorgeous little cafe with decent tea, coffee, amazing cakes and sandwiches (pastrami is my recommendation). In the summer I pop down to Marrocos for a coffee and ice cream.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
VFM steaks at MacMillans in Worthing not the best surroundings fixtiures and fittings etc but very good steaks served on a sizzler so order steak cooked slightly less than you like. Wife always has Cajun or Garlic Chicken and again excellant VFM.

Friend of my sons took his daughter to Smith & Wesson in Tunbridge Wells yesterday and said it was awful and expensive. Havent been to one for about 4 years but when I went to the one in Chichester it was quite good but I suppose like a lot of places the bigger they get the more they go down hill in quality.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh, and the best breakfast in Brighton and Hove is The Pile Up which can be obtained from Harry's English Restaurant. Quality and quantity.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Moshi Moshi is good quality and has a 50% off Monday night deal if you sign up to their website and collect a card or something. I only found out about this deal when I recently went on a Monday night, and once I'd paid full price commented about how busy the place was to the waiter.

The tempura oysters are lush to start. Then it's sashimi and dry lager all the way for me.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Tosca- Shoreham High Street- As Beach Hut says, excellent food/service and gets better every time. 9/10

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh, and I've been on one of the Cave du Fromage (Western Road) tasting evenings. That was good fun, tasty and educational. You can also pop in there for a glass of wine and some cheese any time they're open.

They were a bit shit with my wife when she went there to get me my annual suprise Xmas cheese board though. She said they were not very helpful and they did not write down what any of the cheeses were so I had no idea what it was I was eating over Xmas. That said it was a fine selection.

Slug & Lettuce, George Street, Hove - Went on a Monday evening when all food is half price. Half the menu wasn't available. The staff, though pleasant enough, were completely overwhelmed and after waiting for it forever I had to send my main course back to be reheated (which they did, including the COLESLAW :jester: ). 3/10

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here