Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2011

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
The other places I have been to in 2011

Kaydee's Restaurant - East Street, Brighton
Service was friendly, but they didnt seem to know what they were talking about when it comes to all the vouchers in The Argus (not the dine for £10 ones). They tried to dress up British classics, but it didnt really work. A bit bland - 6.5/10

The Meadow - Palmeira Square, Hove
One of the best places I have been to this year. Best starter I have ever had, which was Pork Crackling and warm apple sauce. Service was great and knew the menu inside.

All the dishes came out on chopping boards instead of plates, which was a bit a of a nuisance on a small table 8/10

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I need to get on these £10 meals. I haven't been anywhere nice for ages, I did Pizza Hut on Friday and Woodies diner on Saturday. Woodies diner was awful; horrible chips, crap onion rings and a soggy cold vegi burger.

Seriously tempted by Terre a Terre for £10, I love it there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
NOW will people believe me..... the manager and chef of Due South are personally resposnsible for the premature birth of our first child! I have never met such boundless arrogance and disdain for customers.

It must come from the top down if the manager is anything to go by.

We ended up chosing Hotel Du Vin for our wedding meal. They know what to do, and how to treat people and make f**king good cocktails and have the best pork scratchings in the world and a decent selection of lagers in the pub bit.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Good thread.

I don't eat out much, but always looking to. Just don't like taking the risk of it being SHIT. So this thread will help.

Only place I've eaten at lately was Grand Central (next to Brighton train station). I mainly went their to eyeball the lovely barmaids, but got a little peckish. I plumped for a steak with accompanying homemade butter, chips and salad. Was only there for a snack, so not a big meal. Came to around £10. Food was very nice, cooked well (medium rare), good portion, service was quick (although it was empty), price was decent. I'll give it a whopping 8/10.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Chicken Cottage, Blatchington Road, Hove - £9.99 for ten pieces of chicken, eight hot wings, four portions of chips and a bottle of Vimto. SMASH. 10/10

Come on, everyone in Hove knows GFC is the best chicken place. It must stand for Good f***ing Chicken.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For some reason I seem to be on a bit of a cocktail bar tip as well as food. Anyway, continuing my personal theme I was chatting to a waiter from Oki-Nami the other week and he said that the space above the restaurant is to be converted into a seperate cocktail bar run by the manager of Blanche House. I loved the BH bar so I have high hopes from this new place.

A few pints of Bitburger in Fitzherberts then a couple of fancy drinks in this place will be the basis of a good night I'm sure.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Anyone been to The Chili Pickle since its move?

How is it fairing? The Myhotel restaurant space is cursed. I hope they make a success of it.

The cocktail bar is pretty crap though. Nice bar but awful crowd of wannabee coked up Londoners charing around the place.

I don't think it opens for a couple of weeks, it certainly wasn't open the Friday before last.

The cocktail bar at MyHotel has the worst clientele of anywhere i've ever been

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Good thread.

I don't eat out much, but always looking to. Just don't like taking the risk of it being SHIT. So this thread will help.

Only place I've eaten at lately was Grand Central (next to Brighton train station). I mainly went their to eyeball the lovely barmaids, but got a little peckish. I plumped for a steak with accompanying homemade butter, chips and salad. Was only there for a snack, so not a big meal. Came to around £10. Food was very nice, cooked well (medium rare), good portion, service was quick (although it was empty), price was decent. I'll give it a whopping 8/10.

So in summary, you popped in to look at the barmaids and got a good portion. Result!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The cocktail bar at MyHotel has the worst clientele of anywhere i've ever been

I have to agree. It was a real disappointment.

It's a shame the Blue Parrot died.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought it was still there but they'd renamed it?

I do not think so. There is Valentino but this is the space next door to where the Parrot used to be.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
My dream meal for 2011 has to be Heston's new place in Knightsbridge.

Been, and going again on Thursday. Worth a visit.

a little safer than Fat Duck, although the meat fruit is MENTALLY good. Very expensive 80/90 quid a head with wine. Although set lunch is great value at 30 quid a head (I think).

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If you like Chinese, you won't complain at the "bejing" in Fisher Street Lewes! great food and excellent service! Ate there Saturday night with Mrs Muzzy, 2 courses and drinks £34... Added bonus is that the pubs in the area add to a great night out, especially if you drink bitter... Try the "lewes arms" 30 secs from the restaraunt and the "gardeners" 10 mins walk down the road

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Meadow is on that £10 deal isn't it? Brilliant restaurant, one of best in Brighton along with Graze on Western Road.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Meadow is on that £10 deal isn't it? Brilliant restaurant, one of best in Brighton along with Graze on Western Road.

I'm gradually becoming disappointed with Graze. Their taster menus used to great but they have reduced the number significantly and the choice has become very restricted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here