Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2011

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Cave Au Fromage is very good. They used to do a slate of cheese, one of bread and a large glass of wine for £15 which was excellent.

Moshi Moshi is the best place to eat in Brighton for me

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The Medicine Chest - Best mussels I've ever had by MILES. Also the best bread I've had at a restaurant. Really really good food. Like REALLY good. Also very attentive and nice service. 9.5/10. Seriously good.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Surprising Secret Place

John Lewis Basement - Blue Water - They have a small tapas and wine bar. Only four dishes to choose from but you select three types of bread from about wight to go with it. If you're lucky and they are quiet (late night shopping nights) you'll get pklastered on the free wine tasting. Lovely food for about £7 and often free wine. All in the corner of what is in effect a Waitrose. Limited choice of options, superb quality food, stunning bread. 7.5/10

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The Medicine Chest - Best mussels I've ever had by MILES. Also the best bread I've had at a restaurant. Really really good food. Like REALLY good. Also very attentive and nice service. 9.5/10. Seriously good.

Do you know how much the set menu is? looks good

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone been to The Shakespeare's Head recently for the bangers & mash? Meant to be going after work on Thursday.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I always found tosca in shoreham terrible ? Not a patch on brio next to station.

Fair comment each to their own the two times I've been to Brio I was not that impressed.

La Galleria is good as well in Shoreham - Mrs Huts favourite restaurant.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
indeed each to their own, la galleria was literally unedible! maybe it was an off day. i tried the new place a few doors along the other week from la galleria the other week the one that used to be the coke heads bar, it was very good and the service was brilliant. had a lovely chowder followed by roasted vegetables on seafood. delicious.

Giraffe in brighton, only thing i try there is the mexican breakfast which is superb. cant really comment on the rest of the menu.

el mexicano next to the theatre royal has always been pretty authentic mexican clobber and their mole is very good. just dont have a starter as the mains are very filling.

el taco on western road is the bollocks for late night grub. proper tacos there as if you on a street stall in mexico city.

can you tell i like my mexican :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is Sam's of Brighton/SevenDials still doing good food? I have been a couple of times but not in ages. Had some lovely game a few years back. I know his Sevendials place has had a revamp/relaunch recently. Is it all still good?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
indeed each to their own, la galleria was literally unedible! maybe it was an off day. i tried the new place a few doors along the other week from la galleria the other week the one that used to be the coke heads bar, it was very good and the service was brilliant. had a lovely chowder followed by roasted vegetables on seafood. delicious.

Giraffe in brighton, only thing i try there is the mexican breakfast which is superb. cant really comment on the rest of the menu.

el mexicano next to the theatre royal has always been pretty authentic mexican clobber and their mole is very good. just dont have a starter as the mains are very filling.

el taco on western road is the bollocks for late night grub. proper tacos there as if you on a street stall in mexico city.

can you tell i like my mexican :)

Good call. I find good Mexican food difficult to come by, and without the attendant office party scrambling over nachos and eating that well known Mexican delicacy Death By Chocolate Cake (suffixed with !!!).

I've often walked past El Taco, I shall give it a whirl next time.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Sams at 7Dials,had a decent meal recently,they used to advertise meals for £21 but 3 course meal with wine came in at £85 for two which is rather high for a restaurant away from the centre of town.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Hotel Seattle, Brighton Marina
Bit disappointed with it. Ordered Bread platter for starters, all the bread was a bit stale - bit of a waste of money even for £3. Rest was OK, but didnt stand out, the fish cakes were good though, wish I had that. 6.0

Quaglino, Mayfair, London
Over hyped I think. Meant to be a 1930s theme, was nothing like it. Waitresses were good and helpful, and knew the menu inside out. Starters a disappointment, but the main was good. Dessert was the best bit, had the Eton Mess, but far too much cream, so couldnt finish it. Drinks were very pricey. Live music was good in the bar upstairs, but they cram too many people in 6.5

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Bodeans, Poland St, London
Awesome. Meat, meat and more meat. With chips. BBQ central.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Has anyone been to Rock & Roller recently?

Going out with the family for a birthday meal on Thursday or Friday, and want some juicy steak, not too far from home.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Has anyone been to Rock & Roller recently?

Going out with the family for a birthday meal on Thursday or Friday, and want some juicy steak, not too far from home.

Yep, I went there last week although being veggie I didn't have steak. I shared a pizza and some wedges. I wish I went for a burger though, they looked incredible.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Yep, I went there last week although being veggie I didn't have steak. I shared a pizza and some wedges. I wish I went for a burger though, they looked incredible.

Good news. Service, price, etc. alright?

Is the experience a bit like what eating at Old Orleans used to be? E.g. is it a bar with a restaurant, or a restaurant with a bar?

Also, I've never been there before, will it be too ROWDY for my 80 year old GRANDAD at 8pm on a Friday?

Cheers.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Good news. Service, price, etc. alright?

Is the experience a bit like what eating at Old Orleans used to be? E.g. is it a bar with a restaurant, or a restaurant with a bar?

Also, I've never been there before, will it be too ROWDY for my 80 year old GRANDAD at 8pm on a Friday?

Cheers.

Very reasonable prices really for the amount of food you get. I went there at 8ish on a Saturday night and it wasn't rowdy at all, I think the fact that you can't order drinks at the bar probably helps.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
I've often walked past El Taco, I shall give it a whirl next time.

El Taco's easily the best takeaway on Western Road. Very filling and they do one of them cards you get stamps on, so your get your tenth meal free. El Mexicano is the best sit-down Mexican, although Dig In The Ribs is bearable too. For pub grub, I recommend the Constant Service in Hanover. Loads of different pies and mash, as well as other things, menu designed (the graphic design not the recipes) by me, and they've been picking up loads of plaudits in the listings mags in recent weeks, with more than one mag calling them the best pies in town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here