Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Cross giving first aid lessons to taliban

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just goes to show that the Red Cross isn't politically motivated.

Totally. If my history serves me correctly even the red cross symbol is something to do with the founders being Swiss and reversing their flag so they didnt appear to represent their own country.

And as someone who works in the medical science world, good clinical practice is to administer help on medical need alone.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You might be, but what about the Parachute regiment.......

Where are the charges for cold blooded murder of innocent civillians.......
So you know exactly what happened ? you were there were you ? or are you just recycling what that nice mr mcguiness wants you to believe ? As for the cold blooded murder of innocent civilians? i think most of the murderers were released under the good friday agreement, pity you dont get so outraged at that eh ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
for about the 3rd time its not about their neutrality, simple question BOF, would you donate to them knowing that the money you donated could be used to train a taliban to save his mates life who could then go on to kill a british soldier ?

As you know, a friend of mine was killed in Afghanistan and I know four others that have/are/will serve.

It is an emotive topic and nothing about war at all sits easily. I'll probably still stick a few pence in a tin if I get approached, but I have other charities on direct debit - those that are seemingly less controversial.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ive seen a lot of your posts and you clearly have an over inflated sense of your own intellect, i'm quite frankly surprised you won a scholarship to hurst as a lot of your posts reflect a world view and knowledge of the geo political situation that would shame a five year old, get some life experience outside of hurstpierpoint and secondary school before you start gobbing off about things, eh sonny ?

Bushy why do you constantly belittle people who are younger than you? His post was factually correct. It may have been out of order to call you bigoted but that does not alter the fact that the Red Cross has always helped both sides. Hurst's post was his view and he appears to have a reasonable grasp of the geopolitical situation as far as I can tell, it just does not agree with your view.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Go and f*** yourself you conceited little c*nt, i was posting it because these people will be colecting on the streets of the uk , and i bet they wont be advertising the fact that they are treating the people trying to kill our soldiers , nothing to do with their neutrality, c*nt.

Bushy, a piece of advice...the first rule of digging a hole....is to stop. You're looking more and more stupid as this thread progresses.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bushy why do you constantly belittle people who are younger than you? His post was factually correct. It may have been out of order to call you bigoted but that does not alter the fact that the Red Cross has always helped both sides. Hurst's post was his view and he appears to have a reasonable grasp of the geopolitical situation as far as I can tell, it just does not agree with your view.
er, you want me to be polite to someone who has throughout this thread called me a windowlicker , retarded , and thick ? wherabouts do i ' constantly ' belittle people younger than me ?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So you know exactly what happened ? you were there were you ? or are you just recycling what that nice mr mcguiness wants you to believe ? As for the cold blooded murder of innocent civilians? i think most of the murderers were released under the good friday agreement, pity you dont get so outraged at that eh ?

It is established historical fact that the British Parachute Regiment were responsible for the deaths on Bloody Sunday. Where you there? You need to get away from your constant assertion that peoples views are invalid unless they where there or live where there are immigrants or whatever. You are not the only person on this site who has experienced the world and your view is not the only valid one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It is established historical fact that the British Parachute Regiment were responsible for the deaths on Bloody Sunday. Where you there? You need to get away from your constant assertion that peoples views are invalid unless they where there or live where there are immigrants or whatever. You are not the only person on this site who has experienced the world and your view is not the only valid one.
No i wasnt there , have i met someone who was there ? yes , did he tell me they came under fire from rossville flats and another firing point that day which led to the civilians getting caught in a crossfire ? yes, , and i dont 'need' to get away from anything , there are 'experts' on here who've baely been out of sussex.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
er, you want me to be polite to someone who has throughout this thread called me a windowlicker , retarded , and thick ? wherabouts do i ' constantly ' belittle people younger than me ?

I did not say you needed to be polite. The inference from using life experience as reason to say Hurst's opinion is invalid is that his age is the problem. Also on one of the post election threads you and Porky Pie ganged up on me on account of me being a student, again based on age.

So many of your threads descend in to binfests, other wondered why that might be?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'm no expert, but I thought anyone within the medical profession had to follow a code of conduct whereby they are obliged to preserve, at all costs, any human life, regardless of race, religion, political affiliation etc...

To not treat Taliban would contradict the foundations that the medical association was built on.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm no expert, but I thought anyone within the medical profession had to follow a code of conduct whereby they are obliged to preserve, at all costs, any human life, regardless of race, religion, political affiliation etc...

To not treat Taliban would contradict the foundations that the medical association was built on.
FOR THE LAST TIME , I KNOW THIS, but are you happy to contribute to the red cross knowing the money could indirectly result in british casualties?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I remember that, it was nothing to do with age, it was the Mcdegree you're doing.

Geography is hardly a McDegree. It is one of the oldest degree subjects there are. Available at every major university, but carry on.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im sure you will be thanked by the 0.00000000000001 percent of the population that didnt realise that the International (Clues in the name) Red Cross, based in a neutral country is, in fact...neutral, and that despite ATTACKS on Red Cross workers in Afghanistan, they still stand by their ethic of providing medical help to all.
Donations from some nitwits McSalaries will be lost, but thats life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here