Red Cross giving first aid lessons to taliban

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Shan't be giving to Red Cross anymore. I respect the work they do and their neutral stance but if that means that there's a chance that money I give them goes towards patching up and putting back on the battlefield someone who's trying to kill British soldiers then I'd rather not donate.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yeah. Cant have soldiers dying on battlefields. Whatever next.
Before we know it, bears will be shitting in woods, and Popes will be Catholic.
Think you may have misunderstood a fundamental point concerning soldiers/battles.
An easier solution would be to remove the British soldiers from the battlefield in a war that has feck all to do with Britain.

Red Cross in Afghanistan = Legitimate.

HM Forces in Afghanistan = Waste of British lives.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Re. Me misunderstanding the situation. Not really.

There's no need to be so patronising. For me it's a personal decision. I respect their neutrality but I'm not neutral in this. I'm not trying to moralise or persuade anyone else.

There's a chance that a Taliban fighter who is treated by the Red Cross could go on and kill British troops. Therefore I won't help them in that. I respect your position, what's so problematic about respecting mine?

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Re. Me misunderstanding the situation. Not really.

There's no need to be so patronising. For me it's a personal decision. I respect their neutrality but I'm not neutral in this. I'm not trying to moralise or persuade anyone else.

There's a chance that a Taliban fighter who is treated by the Red Cross could go on and kill British troops. Therefore I won't help them in that. I respect your position, what's so problematic about respecting mine?

Did you realise that British Army medics will aid wounded Taliban ? Something about an oath I gather.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Did you realise that British Army medics will aid wounded Taliban ? Something about an oath I gather.

yes but i dont think they are training them, which is what the article implies.

you cannot imagine the RAMC sitting with them on a drizzly dartmoor going right ahmed this is what you do if one of your lads treads on a mine.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
For me, the reverse is true. I don't think we should be in Afghanistan but that's irrelevant to me. The British Forces are doing what is asked of them by the Government. I don't support the decision but support them and don't want them coming home in body bags or without limbs.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Look, I'm not trying to tell anyone else what to do. This is just my view that whilst we're fighting the Taliban, I'm not going to give money to an organisation that is helping them. I still respect the work the Red Cross do and am not going to run them down. I don't even disagree with their decision.

I do find it funny that people who have no problem accepting the Red Cross' stance are struggling so much to accept my view. I didn't think it was that contentious.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Look, I'm not trying to tell anyone else what to do. This is just my view that whilst we're fighting the Taliban, I'm not going to give money to an organisation that is helping them. I still respect the work the Red Cross do and am not going to run them down. I don't even disagree with their decision.

I do find it funny that people who have no problem accepting the Red Cross' stance are struggling so much to accept my view. I didn't think it was that contentious.

Your view is not contentious at all. What people are questioning is why people have taken that view of the IRC treating both sides in THIS PARTICULAR conflict, when its something they have always done.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I know. And fair enough. But this time they are helping people who are trying to kill British troops, so for the duration of this war, I won't be giving them any money.

A futile gesture, maybe, but there you have it.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I was patronising and I apologise. It just seems weird to me that people want institutions to function, but if it affects British troops, in lets face it, a dodgy mission, it loses its respect somehow.
Amercian companies are paying the fecking Taliban for protection there. Who is doing the good/bad here? American missiles routinely miss their targets and kill dozens of civilians.
Most of Afghanistan is in Taliban control, not Kharzais or the western military missions. In a country devastated by war for some time now, theres no infrastructure, no medical facilities for many. Im sure that what the IRC does will result in a British casualty or casualties but thats what war is. Killing. The IRC is not fighting the war. We are. They will treat British and American forces as well, without hesitation. The aid given is assumed by everybody now to be to treat taliban fighters. It will also, im sure be used to help injured civilians. Men, women and children who are often on the recieving end of our 'smart' missiles etc.
A lifes a life, I dont care what nationality, or politics that life holds. Neither does the IRC.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Think you may have misunderstood a fundamental point concerning soldiers/battles.
An easier solution would be to remove the British soldiers from the battlefield in a war that has feck all to do with Britain.

Red Cross in Afghanistan = Legitimate.

HM Forces in Afghanistan = Waste of British lives.

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports