Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Cross giving first aid lessons to taliban

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Someone else who has totally misunderstood the red cross. By your reasoning they also should be handing over British soldiers to local authorities as they are committing mass murder of innocent civilians, correct? The red cross is an international organization who don't take sides, it may seem wrong to you but they don't see the different between a British soldier being killed by the Taliban and a British soldier killing a member of the Taliban. Should the red cross have also been rounding up the nazis during world war 2 for fighting for what they believed in because it didn't agree with our views?

The Taliban are also not terrorists, they are not responsible for 9/11, 7/7 or anything else, they are bad people yes, they are responsible for a lot of deaths but that doesn't mean that they are terrorists.

So tell me then,what do you see the IRA as?

Who do you think gves the orders for someone to put on a suicide vest and blows themselves up in a busy market? Do you think the Taliban are just targeting US and British forces?

Are you telling me the Taliban don't have links with Al-Qaeda?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
they are however fighting against the democratically elected (however flimsy that democray) government in Afghanistan, so in my view they are terrorists.

Well, you could make a case to say that the allies went there to fight against what was, at the time, the recognized government of Afghanistan, in Afghanistan, and with no mandate from the Afghan people.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And can someone remind me what it is the British Army is doing in Afghanistan? Are the still looking for Osama?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Im just going to be blunt to the point here:

Who gives a shit!? Honestly it's their choice and points to Hustpierpoint Seagull, in my honest opinion. I am completely for it, they're a non-partisan organisation, something that is very difficult to keep hold of.

And anyway, we can just shoot the fuckers (the taliban that is) with the Army....oh wait I forgot, we're doing that right now aren't we!?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The point about the Red Cross is, as said by many here already, they are neutral. If they take sides by not treating both then they will become targets for the side they are not helping. That's the situation.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I don't know whose life has been more wasted here - me for the couple of pages I read, or those who bothered contributing to this thread over the course of yesterday.

The point about the Red Cross is, as said by many here already, they are neutral. If they take sides by not treating both then they will become targets for the side they are not helping. That's the situation.
Absolutely. And not just in Afghanistan.

The Red Cross and Red Crescent movements do vital, life saving work throughout the world - often in situations where their reputation for neutrality is what allows them admission to situations of conflict. If they weren't there, no-one else would go.

Any sort of "campaign", whipped up by the western press (or any other factional interest group) to question the Red Cross's principle of neutrality undermines the Red Cross everywhere - and puts lives at risk everywhere that the Red Cross works.

Nato commanders in Afghanistan understand this. The fact that "some in the Afghan government" don't is an indictment of Karzai.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think it was the US and British miltary that trained the Taliban in the first place.

You have a point here. I forgot about The Cold War. Bushy is looking even more stupid and ignorant now.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Taliban are responsible for the mass production of opium, spreading misery throughout the world in it's wake, let them die i say.

as we were in China?

I think this is a huge non story. my mate is in the army over there and one member of his patrol was shot and badly wounded. he was being stitched up on a table next to a local taliban fighter who was also in a bad way.

If he hasn't a problem with it and has some humanity,who faces it every day then who are we to judge?

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I think this is a huge non story. my mate is in the army over there and one member of his patrol was shot and badly wounded. he was being stitched up on a table next to a local taliban fighter who was also in a bad way.

If he hasn't a problem with it and has some humanity,who faces it every day then who are we to judge?

Moral dilemma for the surgeon maybe. Do they get all our injured boys seen to first or is it first-come first-served? Wouldn't fancy being in the queue waiting for the doc to sew up someone who's landmine I just walked upon.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Moral dilemma for the surgeon maybe. Do they get all our injured boys seen to first or is it first-come first-served? Wouldn't fancy being in the queue waiting for the doc to sew up someone who's landmine I just walked upon.

possibly. there was something on the telly a while ago alluding to this same issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here