Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Red Cross giving first aid lessons to taliban

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
The way that the Americans treated people moving injured civilians away in a vehicle in Iraq.....ie...machine gunned the vehicle from helicopter gunships, .....why shouldnt the Red Cross deliver aid and advice to the Taliban?
Its not there for the benefit of the western troops. Its there to save lives and provide medical attention regardless of nationality. Always has been.
Anyway, an act like that is more likely to help relations get better with the west rather than worse.

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Its one thing being impartial in a war between sovereign nations, but are we not in Afghan fighting terrorists.

This same organisation fundraises on the streets of the UK, then takes that money and treats the scumbag terrorist bastards, that are trying to murder British soldiers , for that reason , i wont be donating anymore.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is probably best to work with whoever you can if you are a medical team and effectively unarmed. I would imagine the Red Cross would be an easy target if they were just working for the invading troops.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The way that the Americans treated people moving injured civilians away in a vehicle in Iraq.....ie...machine gunned the vehicle from helicopter gunships, .....why shouldnt the Red Cross deliver aid and advice to the Taliban?
Its not there for the benefit of the western troops. Its there to save lives and provide medical attention regardless of nationality. Always has been.
Anyway, an act like that is more likely to help relations get better with the west rather than worse.
I bet you were really popular during your time in the navy.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Mind you, I haven't seen the Red Crescent treating our boys? Mmmmm....

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I bet you were really popular during your time in the navy.

I was as it happens.

The fact that you have a complete non understanding of the role of the Red Cross is your issue.

If you dont like them 'murdering' British soldiers, in their own country...support the Troops out movement.
Taliban have never attacked Britain, or British interests, other than British soldiers, occupying THEIR country.

Last edited:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I guess the problem with fighting wars against the Taleban is we don't know who they are. They don't wear uniform and they tend to melt away into the Afghan population - many of whom disagree with the Taleban's aims, and many of whom agree with the Taleban's aims.

With that in mind, even if the Red Cross were to abandon their principal of impartiality, it would be very difficult to distinguish between a Taleban fighter and a member of the Afghan public.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was as it happens.

The fact that you have a complete non understanding of the role of the Red Cross is your issue.
Not at all, i understand very well, i posted the link so that people who would previously have donated on the streets and charity shops of the UK would now reconsider, i made the comment about your popularity because it seems to me that whenever there is an opportunity to on the anti british side , you seize it with both hands, i served alongside people with that attitude in my time, constantly moaning and making tiresome anti establishment type comments , whinging about how they cant wait to get out blagh blah blah, they were not particularly popular, and tended to use their whinging and moaning as a defence against the fact they were usually the platoon/company misfit.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Its not being anti British...its being PRO British to remove British soldiers from an AMERICAN WAR......

and, no...not all are Afghans, but they are from NEIGHBOURING countries...Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Pakistan....

Bit more local than the UK.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yeh, how dare a major charity be NEUTRAL? Oh the horror. :US: You've never been the brightest Bushy but even for you this is retarded.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yeh, how dare a major charity be NEUTRAL? Oh the horror. :US: You've never been the brightest Bushy but even for you this is retarded.
Go and f*** yourself you conceited little c*nt, i was posting it because these people will be colecting on the streets of the uk , and i bet they wont be advertising the fact that they are treating the people trying to kill our soldiers , nothing to do with their neutrality, c*nt.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It's a complete lose/lose situation for the Red Cross isn't it? Don't aid the injured Taliban & they're seen as not being impartial; help 'em & they're collaborating with the enemy. Funny old game, war. :(

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
They are now the enemy as far as Bushy is concerned.
lol

They are trying to kill our soldiers, because they are in THEIR country, supporting a clearly corrupt government that even the Americans are getting exasperated with.
The Taliban control MOST of Afghanistan, not the bits Karzai runs that we have been suckered into supporting.
Fecking waste of British lives, so the country can be seen as a 'major world player' ffs

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Go and f*** yourself you conceited little c*nt, i was posting it because these people will be colecting on the streets of the uk , and i bet they wont be advertising the fact that they are treating the people trying to kill our soldiers , nothing to do with their neutrality, c*nt.

Any one who actually donates to these charities would understand that the Red Cross are neutral and therefore treat both sides, the red cross were treating nazis in world war 2 so I assume we shouldn't support them for that either :shootself: Thank f*** the majority of the country isn't as thick or bigoted as you ey bushy because then we would be begging the taliban to come and rule over us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here