Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers will play in England within 5 years says Ibrox chief

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
they do f**king annoy me, why do they think for one moment that we would want them "the saviours of english football, here come the jocks" well listen here you rabble..........your not F**king welcome. P**s Off.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
They have had some incredible results of late. 0-0 against Stirling at Ibrox this week, beaten at Ibrox by Annan Athletic the week before! What odds on those results?

Yep, I suppose that's why they're only 21 points clear at the top with 8 games to play.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
**** off rangers - to be honest it would take them years to get out of the conference anyway, such is the quality of scottish football in comparison to english

From what we know they're able to pay their players £5K per week in Scots Div 3 - I doubt there are many non-league clubs that pay their entire squads that much.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
they could always play in the Norwegian league.........not so far to travel as coming down to the south coast for matches

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Never going to happen, we already have a couple of Welsh teams in and that's enough, both Rangers and Celtic would probably be relegated in their first season anyway, they aren't as good as they think.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nae Bother, when wee Alex Salmond achieves independence in the next year or so they will pull up the Mcdrawbridge.......
It has no chance of happening if Scotland becomes an Independent Country.
The Scottish won't vote for independence, they like us paying their way too much. If we could vote though, they'd be gone like a shot.

Id rather have Rangers than Cardiff
I wouldn't. Cardiff isn't so far to travel for English clubs.

Never going to happen
It could, let's never be complacent.
both Rangers and Celtic would probably be relegated in their first season anyway, they aren't as good as they think.
Firstly, they're asking to start at the bottom and work their way up. They'd soon be competing for promotion at the top of the Championship - in fact I think they'd go up quickly, as our Championship sides aren't used to playing away to 60k fans, so I'd expect their home form to get them up. Secondly, if they were in the Premiership, they'd do fine. When they do play the odd game against English teams they do ok, and they'd improve their teams with the Premier money.

Anyway, it's an insult to the rest of Scottish football that they want to leave. The English leagues are the most successful in the world, so of course they want to join. But it should never be allowed.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
This kind of chat has been going on for as long as I can remember. Still can't see it happening. And it's important to bear in mind that the person saying all this is a distinctly dodgy, rent-a-quote Grade A nutter who bought Rangers in the belief they could use their "muscle" to avoid what was coming to them (i.e. relegation to Div 3). I wish him every possible failure in the future.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
SFA would never allow it, although I could see it going to the European Courts.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Monkey Tennis Leagues would fall apart without Rangers and Celtic.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Whats the difference between Rangers and Celtic being in the English league compared to Wrexham, Swansea & Cardiff?
1) They started in the English league when they were founded. It was allowed.
2) They're not as far away, so it's not a problem for fans to travel there.

What are the current rules on Swansea playing in Europe? It used to be that a team could only play in Europe when qualifying from their own national competition, so Cardiff and Swansea etc would not be able to qualify.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
1) They started in the English league when they were founded. It was allowed.
2) They're not as far away, so it's not a problem for fans to travel there.

What are the current rules on Swansea playing in Europe? It used to be that a team could only play in Europe when qualifying from their own national competition, so Cardiff and Swansea etc would not be able to qualify.

If I recall from the League Cup Final, Swansea will play in Europa League as an English side, as they've come in from the English league. Think they complained about it a little, but know they can't make too much noise.

Edit: While not the best source, Wikipedia seems to confirm this.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest, I can't stand either club but if they are willing to basically to an AFC Wimbledon and start right at the bottom (none of this Conference nonsense) then I would be happy to take them. It would be a welcome cash injection for the lower league and non-league clubs to get such great away days and gates.

In no way should they start as a league club though. What gives them the right over existing league clubs?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It would be a welcome cash injection for the lower league and non-league clubs to get such great away days and gates.
It would be one game each, that's all. They'd get promoted every year, so no club would play them twice (except any clubs being promoted with them, and the reverse of the coin is that they'd never play those that were relegated as they were promoted).

C

CT1

No need to worry unless they vote no in the 2014 referendum for Scottish independence

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here