Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protest against Barber

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Does anybody think some sort of protest should be organised against Paul Barber for home games this coming season?

The guy is getting out of control and doing his best to ruin this club.

He has a history of rolling up, pissing everybody off and then dissapearing leaving a lot of discontent behind him.

Does he attend games? Perhaps he could be hounded from the directors box? Massive banners? Pitch invasion etc etc.

Thoughts?

Right lets get this one straight. We have practically had a whole 3-4 months of utter turmoil with the Poyet saga dragging on and on. Had the clubs name brought down by this farce in the changing room. We finally have a new manager in who is getting excellent reviews back from our top players already. We are just getting the confidence and momentum back and you are suggesting a protest. Anything close to this will totally f#ck up the start of the season and do us no good at all so if you fancy pressing the self destruct button you carry on . Let Tony Bloom make his own decisions on Barber it will always be this way anyway. He is no mug.

westy

Jul 25, 2003
Does anybody think some sort of protest should be organised against Paul Barber for home games this coming season?

He has a history of rolling up, pissing everybody off and then dissapearing leaving a lot of discontent behind him.

Does he attend games? Perhaps he could be hounded from the directors box? Massive banners? Pitch invasion etc etc.

Thoughts?

what on earth are you on about?! He's doing exactly what the bloke who paid for our stadium/squad has employed him to do - Make back some of his MILLIONS.
Embarrassing thread/idea.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Thoughts?

Not me. Apart from his Communications department, I reckon he's doing well sorting out the finances for the club etc.

Will have a look out for your placards when I next get to the AMEX though :wink:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
why moan
you get clackers don't you

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Do you think Mr. Bloom would give a sh*t about a poxy banner?

"I'm sorry Paul, I've got to let you go, this is the fourth week in a row they brought a bed-sheet with some crappy black paint on it. I know you've done a fantastic job at attracting a large amount of corporate backing and increasing all our revenue streams so that we operate successfully under financial fair play. But this is football, and the fans don't seem to understand what it takes to run a football club successfully in the modern game..."

We have nothing to moan about, we have a great new coach (fingers crossed), some FANTASTIC players and an INCREDIBLE stadium. Nah f*ck it, lets invade the pitch...

A poxy banner would perversely possibly be some sort of indication that what he is doing is having some effect.

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012

Thoughts?
:lolol:

haha

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Stupid thread.

Paul Barber is employed to do a job that few will like. He is very hands on with the fans and will happily interact. Without going into personal details he has come across very approachable and kind and helpful beyond his specific job role.

I'm not sure why it is fashionable to dislike him.
this, as far as I can tell from what I've seen and heard. Perhaps somebody could clarify?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Barber isn't the problem. Protesting against him isn't the solution.

Hate the game, not the player.

Until sky high wages and agents's fees are addressed by ALL football clubs, Brighton will follow suit. If it wasn't Barber it would be someone else doing exactly the same things.

Protest against increased prices etc by all means, buts personalising its would, in man opinion, actually dilute the message and reduce its credibility.

On. Head. Nail.

I thoroughly dislike the dirty commercial monster that our professional football has become, but turfing out Barber's not gonna solve anything at our club unfortunately.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
There's not many clubs in the championship spending oodles of money, only the relegated teams from the premiershite. Hardship will become a byword for most teams and hopefully sooner rather than later players will have to start dropping their unrealistic wage demands or fewer will have jobs

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
On. Head. Nail.

I thoroughly dislike the dirty commercial monster that our professional football has become, but turfing out Barber's not gonna solve anything at our club unfortunately.

That, and the post to which it was a response.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Just a reminder that from memory, Junior is/was a member of our armed forces and I believe he has done tours of duty in both N.Ireland and Afghanistan on our behalf.

Whilst I don't agree with his opening post, it has certainly provoked a far better, more realistic and reasoned response than most threads on this forum, which is rapidly descending into a forum for the discontent, Palace WUMS, general mayhem and mis-information.

NSC used to be a forum with a mixed bag of opinions, humour...the odd tantrum.....and frequent interesting items.

Sadly, it is now veering towards creating more harm to the Albion than good.

As regards action for the ever increasing costs of following our club.........without a 'national' protest from all fans re; players exhorbitant fees and salaries.......I believe there is very little can be done.

FANS United....????????????
Not disputing what Junior has done in the armed forces, good for him.......I served 12 years and fought at the Suez and against the EOKA in Cyprus....my point is....what would a protest against PB achieve...the club is proceeding slowly and surely and we will get there (Prem)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not really.0, I don't follow things that closely. I form most of my opinions based on stuff I see on here and there has been loads of anti-Barber stuff.

I can't be bothered to read anything more on (sic) this thread after reading this update from the initiator. All I can say is thank goodness there haven't been any comments on North Stand Chat criticizing motherhood. His/her poor old ma would be in stocks on the local green with junior asking us whether or not to chuck tonight's dinner (alphabetty spaghetti, most likely) at her. Give me strength. And I thought Ninja Pyjamas was an idiot . . . .

Ferg

Dec 1, 2012
Bexhill
No Gus got too big for his boots nobody is bigger than the club and we have ended up with a superior coach and manager.Get behind Oscar and his team to the promised land. Onwards and upwards here we go !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here