Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protest against Barber

I think there are too many bell ends who support this club, just my opinion though... He's there to do a job that Bloom has asked him to do. Bloom being the man that has spunked the best part of 140m odd of his own money on our club. I wish people would just shut the **** up about Barber. If a banner goes up near me it'll get aggressively ripped down - ungrateful ****s

Agreed. Lets have an anti, anti Barber thread?
If a banner goes up in West Stand Upper it will get ripped down by me

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Not really.0, I don't follow things that closely. I form most of my opinions based on stuff I see on here and there has been loads of anti-Barber stuff.

To base your opinion solely on the contents of an open on line forum is asking for trouble Youth!

Like it or lump it football is now a commercial enterprise and if the Albion are to compete they need someone with Barber's class and nouse to run that enterprise.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not really.0, I don't follow things that closely. I form most of my opinions based on stuff I see on here and there has been loads of anti-Barber stuff.

In due respect, that would be a little like basing views on what The Sun, Daily Mail etc preach. People don't do that, do they?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes I don't wont to pay more but I don't want to be club that only plays in The championship or lower get real if we did not have to have a sustainable transport policy we would be paying several hundreds more a season to watch our football team. We need the club to use its facilities as much as it can to generate revenue that's how the club will achive its and our goals. I am looking forward to this season as I have every season since 1964 . Come on let's get behind the club.

AGT

Apr 13, 2011
Does anybody think some sort of protest should be organised against Paul Barber for home games this coming season?

The guy is getting out of control and doing his best to ruin this club.

He has a history of rolling up, pissing everybody off and then dissapearing leaving a lot of discontent behind him.

Does he attend games? Perhaps he could be hounded from the directors box? Massive banners? Pitch invasion etc etc.

Thoughts?

I have met Mr Barber a couple of times and found him to be very approachable and helpful. He has obviously been bought in to do a very difficult job which, in reducing costs, will always impact on supporters. I have no doubt that if he left, someone else would have to be appointed to do exactly the same job. Also, including pitch invasion in your suggested actions is stupid and would only result in fines etc for the club which would involved my cost reduction.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I have met Mr Barber a couple of times and found him to be very approachable and helpful. He has obviously been bought in to do a very difficult job which, in reducing costs, will always impact on supporters. I have no doubt that if he left, someone else would have to be appointed to do exactly the same job. Also, including pitch invasion in your suggested actions is stupid and would only result in fines etc for the club which would involved my cost reduction.

Totally agree

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Does anybody think some sort of protest should be organised against Paul Barber for home games this coming season?

He has a history of rolling up, pissing everybody off and then dissapearing leaving a lot of discontent behind him.

Does he attend games? Perhaps he could be hounded from the directors box? Massive banners? Pitch invasion etc etc.

Thoughts?
You might think slightly differently if the eight million pound running costs came out of your pocket.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Thoughts?

I think we should hear your alternatives for cutting the £8 million losses per season first. Tell us how you'd solve the problem and then we can think about getting rid of Barber and installing you.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Ok so a couple of humorous suggestions, but i think banners could be a good idea. I think he needs to be told in no uncertain terms that his systematic ruining of this club is not going to go un-challenged.

He is not ruining the club, he is doing the opposite by attempting to make the club financially sustainable. However, he is getting near to making the cost and experience of regularly attending the Amex, unsustainable for a lot of fans, and that will challenge the club's ability to manage within the limits of FFP etc.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I got the impression from the constant "Barber OUT" comments on here that he was universally disliked.

Disliked or not, you cant just go round throwing your toys out the pram, thats what got Gus disliked too.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Barber isn't the problem. Protesting against him isn't the solution.

Hate the game, not the player.

Until sky high wages and agents's fees are addressed by ALL football clubs, Brighton will follow suit. If it wasn't Barber it would be someone else doing exactly the same things.

Protest against increased prices etc by all means, buts personalising its would, in man opinion, actually dilute the message and reduce its credibility.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Barber isn't the problem. Protesting against him isn't the solution.

Hate the game, not the player.

Until sky high wages and agents's fees are addressed by ALL football clubs, Brighton will follow suit. If it wasn't Barber it would be someone else doing exactly the same things.

Protest against increased prices etc by all means, buts personalising its would, in man opinion, actually dilute the message and reduce its credibility.

I agree. Fans can vote by not buying programmes, club merchandise, or by drinking and eating outside of the ground at pubs which is something I would suggest you all do if you're unhappy.

If just 5000 chose to spend their hard earned money in a pub in brighton rather than get to the ground a little earlier or even not stay after the match it may force the club to change its stance.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I agree. Fans can vote by not buying programmes, club merchandise, or by drinking and eating outside of the ground at pubs which is something I would suggest you all do if you're unhappy.

If just 5000 chose to spend their hard earned money in a pub in brighton rather than get to the ground a little earlier or even not stay after the match it may force the club to change its stance.

However if one does that, then the club will be hurt. You agree that players sky high wages, agents and football in central is the problem but then advocate hurting the club you love. Football supporters wanting change across the board should unite. Unilateral action is pointless but multilateral may well have some effect.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Boycotting aspects of the club simply means less income in, meaning they have to raise the price on other things to cover the lost revenue.

If people want to change the landscape of football, boycott anything to do with the PL.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He's doing what he has to Junior. Nothing more. This is how modern football works, and ultimately it ALL comes down to the ridiculous wages demanded by / paid to players.

If you need to boo someone, I'm afraid it's the players (on both teams). Or Jimmy Hill.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Because of our debts and FFP the need to take unpopular decisions about price rises are unavoidable, as walt says the problem of ridiculous wages and agents fees needs to addressed by the whole footballing world.
My only concern with Paul Barber is his employment history, but at the moment im not sure anyone else could do a better job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here