Pressure getting to Gus?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Funnily enough, you moan about it but you are straight in there on every thread that is very clearly about Gus from the thread title. Here's an idea why don't you just ignore them and let those of us who are interested just get on with it?

Just to be clear, I am very undecided just how good Gus will be in the top division. I don't hate him and I don't worship him. he was our manager, he did some fantastic things and he was also a self obsessed **** at times and yes he did piss me off big time after the semi final 2nd leg play off. I confess to being intrigued as to how he gets on at Sunderland. I am certainly not rubbing my hands in glee at his current predicament.

Anyway, back on track, do you think he's feeling the pressure????

I read the threads with a little interest
and I ask myself the question does he feel the pressure , then instantly forget the question
the thing that gets me id the haters on here who at the first mention of him get the knives out
he is one of the people who will always get the fans talking , I hope he does well wherever he is and thats about it .......I won't cry id he comes a cropper he is not ours any longer

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Funnily enough, you moan about it but you are straight in there on every thread that is very clearly about Gus from the thread title. Here's an idea why don't you just ignore them and let those of us who are interested just get on with it?

Just to be clear, I am very undecided just how good Gus will be in the top division. I don't hate him and I don't worship him. he was our manager, he did some fantastic things and he was also a self obsessed **** at times and yes he did piss me off big time after the semi final 2nd leg play off. I confess to being intrigued as to how he gets on at Sunderland. I am certainly not rubbing my hands in glee at his current predicament.

Anyway, back on track, do you think he's feeling the pressure????

We would all probably accept the pressure for his salary, no his bank balance is absorbing the pressure quite well.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Why do you think he`s after Bridcutt and probably Ulloa as well? he knows our directorate will let them go for peanuts so long as they make a couple of bob profit,they have a very short sighted mentality and lack of ambition despite what we read in the Argus.

How right you are. If only we had a chairman willing to invest a ludicrously large sum of money in a brand new state-of-the-art stadium, and a superlative new training facility to develop our own talent in the long-run. But that's never going to happen, is it?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
you can be as interested as you like, I might be interested in whats he is up to ,but not enough to be talking about him all the time on here and there is always the Sunderland website and the Sunderland local rag he is now passing interest to me and many others.

what are you talking about you insufferable knob 8 posts just on this page
we have the message YOU DON'T LIKE HIM

I'm pointing out your hypocrisy. You and the idiots like you who can't see past Gus' BS.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm reading what he actually said - you seem to be the one interpreting what he said and calling it BS - :)

As usual, he's trying to blame everybody and everything except himself. Just an opinion.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
B is for...
Biggest ego and mouth in football?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
'Manager Gus Poyet says his Sunderland side are currently "not good enough" and "too easy" to play against.'

I'm intrigued Creaky. How is this not blaming others?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on people, lets focus on the game in hand.
Some of you aren't taking this seriously.

“I Spy” is a classic guessing game played between at least two people. The game helps children build vocabulary and improves their understanding of adjectives. Minimal set-up is required; technically, the game can be played without any specific objects. It does help, however, to use magazine pictures or to organise an array of objects for the children playing the game. Commercial “I Spy” books and games are available at most bookstores.

Choose the Spy
Each player should get at least one chance to be the spy. Use an arbitrary way to pick the first spy; you could, for example, draw names from a hat, flip coins or play rock/paper/scissors. Once you choose the spy, instruct the rest of the players to sit quietly while the spy selects an object.

Choose the Object
The spy must look around the room and pick something that is readily visible to all players. The object can be anything; it is up to the spy to choose. Once chosen, the spy must declare “I spy, with my little eye, something [adjective or alphabetical letter].” For example, if the spy chooses a beach ball, the spy would say “I spy, with my little eye, something round” or “I spy, with my little eye, something that begins with ‘B.’”

Take Turns Guessing
After the spy declares that he or she has found an object, the other players take turns making guesses. Players continue to guess until someone correctly guesses the object. If the players are stumped, the spy may offer more clues. Whoever guesses the spy’s object becomes the spy for the next round. However, to ensure everyone gets a turn, make sure no players start to monopolise the game. Play the game until each player has a turn being the spy and/or up to a certain time limit.

Use a Word Graveyard for Advanced Play
To make the game interesting, insist on using a “word graveyard.” Place common words (such as simple colours, shapes and “plain” adjectives) into the graveyard. Instruct the spy that the graveyard words are “dead” and therefore cannot be used to describe the object. Do not allow players to use the first letter of the word after choosing an object. This will force players to use their imaginations when describing an object.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
'Manager Gus Poyet says his Sunderland side are currently "not good enough" and "too easy" to play against.'

Read the quote from that article:-

"Manager Gus Poyet says HIS Sunderland side are currently "not good enough" and "too easy" to play against"

How is that blaming others? - he is quite rightly including himself as part of the Sunderland team - you seem determined to read something that is simply not there.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Because it says "his Sunderland side".

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Superb full-on Basil Fawlty after this weekend's defeat, as quoted on the BBC website:

'Sunderland boss Gus Poyet on conceding five own goals this season: "One, two, three - bad luck. Five? Too many. Me, I believe in coincidence once, twice. Five? No, I don't.

"Somehow always something happens. Who is going to be next? Do you know? Let me know so I don't play him." '

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Because it says "his Sunderland side".

Only because that was the way his interview was reported, those words did not come out of his mouth. What did were the quotes that his team are currently not good enough and too easy to play against.

They are, but that's your job to get them organised and difficult to play against isn't it Gus?

I'm sure he'll sort it out though.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
tbf I thought he had got Sunderland playing quite well apart from the Spurs game, and the 5 own goals are just bottom of the table bad luck.

He has just got to keep his head down and get on with the job and coach who he has got because if he is still bottom at Christmas the only signings he will be able to get are mercenary loans, not Bridcutt or even Ulloa, as I doubt they would choose to commit to a relegated side even if he could splash the cash.

Short has always said that January money is dependent on results.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports