Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pressure getting to Gus?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I'd say it absolutely is. What he is saying there is "I'm telling them the right things to do. I keep telling them. If they can't get it, it's not MY fault"

Nowhere does he say, "it's not my fault" - quite the reverse, he emphasises that he is the coach and that it his job to show them the right way to play!

"My job - I'm a head coach, I coach, I convince players what is the best way to play football,"

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Obviously and we don't need to sell either player.

I can understand the players wanting to play at the highest level but they are under contract , if the club are serious about ambitions for promotion any offfers that come in for any of our key players should be met with "for the right price you can have them at the end of the season" and even then i would expect the club to be demanding high prices, as Southampton and Palace do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can understand the players wanting to play at the highest level but they are under contract , if the club are serious about ambitions for promotion any offfers that come in for any of our key players should be met with "for the right price you can have them at the end of the season" and even then i would expect the club to be demanding high prices, as Southampton and Palace do.
I wouldn't want to be Bridcutt or Ulloa this season.

The teams interested in them may not be in the Premier League next season.
The team they are with have a decent chance of being in the Premier League next season.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

In the unlikely event a top 10 team comes knocking at the door, I think TB has to do the right thing by his players and let them go.

I don't know why, but if Arsenal came in for Ulloa my jaw wouldn't hit the floor as my eyes popped out on storks.
Not that I wouldn't be surprised, just not that surprised.

He played well against them, on arrival in the country.
They don't want to upset Giroud's confidence, with Suarez.
He's £40m cheaper.
& most importantly Bentner is awful and expensive.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I wouldn't want to be Bridcutt or Ulloa this season.

The teams interested in them may not be in the Premier League next season.
The team they are with have a decent chance of being in the Premier League next season.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

In the unlikely event a top 10 team comes knocking at the door, I think TB has to do the right thing by his players and let them go.

I don't know why, but if Arsenal came in for Ulloa my jaw wouldn't hit the floor as my eyes popped out on storks.
Not that I wouldn't be surprised, just not that surprised.

He played well against them, on arrival in the country.
They don't want to upset Giroud's confidence, with Suarez.
He's £40m cheaper.
& most importantly Bentner is awful and expensive.

"In the unlikely event a top 10 team comes knocking at the door, I think TB has to do the right thing by his players and let them go."

i don`t disagree but not untill the end of the season,and even then only for the right price

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"In the unlikely event a top 10 team comes knocking at the door, I think TB has to do the right thing by his players and let them go."

i don`t disagree but not untill the end of the season,and even then only for the right price
Always the right price, plus a bit more for the inconvenience of a January transfer.
If the deal was done on 01.01 'fill yer boots, son'.
If they came sniffing around 30.01 then I'd be more inclined to tell them to wait.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Its the second result i look for,sunderland must get relegated:moo:
It is the third result I look for and, at the moment, I am very keen that Sunderland pick up points (like 4 of the other 5 teams in the PL bottom 6...)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think we should do what Palace did. Before I get slaughtered, I mean if any Prem League team wanted to buy them, they can but they loan them back to us until the end of the season.
That way, we get the money and keep the player. If buying teams don't like those terms, then we don't sell.

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I have thought he was setting up a flounce excuse for some weeks.
Nothing to do with Big Sam or Martin's travails at London Clubs, of course.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
As for Sunderland, I can see them staying up. They've not had a game against lower table opposition since Poyet took over have they? Yet they've managed to pick up wins against Newcastle and, more significantly, Man City. You'd expect them to pick up points against Stoke, Palace, Fulham etc. based on that.[/QUOTE]

Palace and Fulham now revitalised and Stoke have just beaten Chelsea. Me thinks you are overrating Sunderland, who are very ordinary and being led by a man with no top flight managerial experience and a back-up team that leave a lot to be desired.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Always the right price, plus a bit more for the inconvenience of a January transfer.
If the deal was done on 01.01 'fill yer boots, son'.
If they came sniffing around 30.01 then I'd be more inclined to tell them to wait.

The Albion is not a labour agency the club should keep them untill the end of the season

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As for Sunderland, I can see them staying up. They've not had a game against lower table opposition since Poyet took over have they? Yet they've managed to pick up wins against Newcastle and, more significantly, Man City. You'd expect them to pick up points against Stoke, Palace, Fulham etc. based on that.

I have hardly bothered with the Premier League in recent years, but this year I am pretty interested in what's happening at the top and the bottom, it's good to have an interest at last.

Is Gus ready for the Premier League or did he need a bit more time in the Championship and can Palace pull off what I would consider a miracle?

Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton flying, United nose diving, Chelsea inconsistent and all to play for.

What's not to like this year?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Who cares about Sunderland or their manager (until next season when we're vying with them for promotion with a different management team there)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well I'm very interested in how he does and I think quite a few of us are. Are you and others suggesting we just move on because he's not doing very well at the moment? If they'd just won 4 on the trot I wager you'd be happy to pass comment on here. Just a feeling.

LoL! Glasfryn and his cronies rumbled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here