Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pot the Red?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm genuinely surprised you still have the desire for this particular 'fight'.
I'm pretty sure @Swegulls isn't Swansman. A much more pleasant tone and ability to debate and not a single mention of pizza or weed.

The Potter Wars were, looking back on it, at least partially stoked by the boredom of Covid and lockdown football. Our Graham did prove himself capable in the end - unfortunately he f**ked off the second we all realised it.

And the proof that there was a succession plan, that there was not only another coach but a better one and that you didn't have to be 'entitled' to want success and European football for the club has left me smugger than Smuggy McSmugface after a night out with Eddie Howe.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Red cafe is a thing of Beauty right now. I love how fans of so called big 6 see a manager and think they will be good for one of theur rivals, then suddenly when they are Rumoured to Interested in him, its hes not good enough for them.
Despite Man u Qualifying for champions league space last season, it shows either the PL was poor or that smaller clubs see Man u as a once big club. In our first few seasons in the premier league, when we play man united It was a case of.
Keep in the scoreline down, Now it's a case of how many points will you taken for them?

Fans living in the past, a stadium that is in need of Millions of pounds worth of renovation. Potter could be a good choice for them, hes not a bad manager, imo if Chelsea had kept with him they would be in a better posistion then they are now. Potter at Chelsea was the wrong time, just beung taken over by Yanks who know FA about football and think you get points for every £ million spent. Chelsea fans wanted an over hyped and rated manager to replace Potter in Poch, only claim to fame is getting a good Spuds team to a CL final. They now want him gone.

Man u wanted Eric Ten Bob they now want him gone. The only big names are Den and Ange at Spuds, Dick at Villa or our RDZ, will any one of those three take on a job at United? IMO no.
:laugh: :salute:

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
It's not a fight Stat Brother! It's just interesting to see what can happen when you change a coach and how a team can evolve ... or go the other way. I really like both GP and RDZ. RDZ inherited a well organized machine and released the handbreak, to say the least. I guess a combo of the two would be perfect. I doubt a GP-team would have lost to AEK at home, on the other hand I'm not so sure he would have won those away games (even if Östersund were really good away in the Europa League). I hope we don't rush anything tonight, our chances WILL come!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Potter wouldn't last 5 minutes at Man U. He'd be walking into ALL the same issues he took on at Chelsea - massive egos in the dressing room, a disjointed mess of a squad, an entitled fanbase with little patience, and he's clearly not a big enough name for them with a gilded track record to survive any of that. Every defeat there launches a fresh crisis, and the spotlight on it is relentless. You just do not get TIME at clubs like Utd to build and progress, exactly the same as it is at Chelsea.

He'd royally fill his trousers again, so of course he'd take it if offered. But I wouldn't be buying a house in Cheshire or moving the kids from school any time soon if I was him.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
I've long thought the ideal job for Potter would be West Ham when Moyes goes. A big(ish) club but with the patience to let him change their playing style which they're keen to do.

He's a very good manager but not the overnight sensation that Chelsea or Man Utd fans think they're entitled to.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
I've long thought the ideal job for Potter would be West Ham when Moyes goes. A big(ish) club but with the patience to let him change their playing style which they're keen to do.

He's a very good manager but not the overnight sensation that Chelsea or Man Utd fans think they're entitled to.
I think you're right there.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Man Utd currently need a manager who can make water run uphill and, good coach though he is, Potter's time at Chelsea proved that he can't work miracles on demand.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I expect it has been mentioned already, but Potter going there is win/win/win for us.

Win 1: He fails. Funny for us.
Win 2: He does well. Funny for us as it makes Chelsea look even more stupid.
Win 3: Any top 6 vacancy being filled with anyone other than RDZ is a win for us at the moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's not a fight Stat Brother! It's just interesting to see what can happen when you change a coach and how a team can evolve ... or go the other way. I really like both GP and RDZ. RDZ inherited a well organized machine and released the handbreak, to say the least. I guess a combo of the two would be perfect. I doubt a GP-team would have lost to AEK at home, on the other hand I'm not so sure he would have won those away games (even if Östersund were really good away in the Europa League). I hope we don't rush anything tonight, our chances WILL come!
I know it's not a fight but it is a discussion that was completely, totally and utterly flogged out of existence over the course of, at least, 12 long gruelling months.

It's physically impossible to say anything new, hence being surprised you can find anyone to converse with, let alone GB.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I'm pretty sure @Swegulls isn't Swansman. A much more pleasant tone and ability to debate and not a single mention of pizza or weed.

The Potter Wars were, looking back on it, at least partially stoked by the boredom of Covid and lockdown football. Our Graham did prove himself capable in the end - unfortunately he f**ked off the second we all realised it.

And the proof that there was a succession plan, that there was not only another coach but a better one and that you didn't have to be 'entitled' to want success and European football for the club has left me smugger than Smuggy McSmugface after a night out with Eddie Howe.
Olive branches all round!
:albion::albion2::albion::albion2::albion:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If this happens I hope the United fans never express frustration.

I also hope the players respect his certificate for doing an emotional intelligence and keep their egos under control so as not to make him feel sad.

What could possibly go wrong?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

My memory is that us two and many others were sick to death of low/non scoring football at home, with incredibly long spells of never winning at home. Much of it when attendance was permitted.

When we vented our spleen on the day, we were immediately jumped on…. by character who hadn’t given up half his day to go to a game.

@Guinness Boy and @Tom Hark Preston Park were magnificent in winding him up.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
If this happens I hope the United fans never express frustration.

I also hope the players respect his certificate for doing an emotional intelligence and keep their egos under control so as not to make him feel sad.

What could possibly go wrong?
He would probably tell them they need a history lesson.😜

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here