Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pot the Red?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Although I'm in the "Potter is a much better coach than some would have you believe" camp, Man United is 100% the wrong club for a manager looking to rebuild his reputation. Not just Potter, any manager. They have a similar problem to Chelsea in as much as they have a massive, overpaid, unbalanced squad and little patience.

Potter has also had the "new man for the new owner" experience and (in all honesty he didn't do worse that Pochettino is doing) being Ratcliff's man means he will either get time, of binned when it gets nervy. The thing at United is they tried the natural successor (Moyes), the successful (Mourinho), the experience (van Gaal), the club legend (Solksjaer) and the youngish up-and-comer (ten Hag)... there aren't many profiles left to try
What about this:

1702559185993.png

Old skool racist bully. Fill the squad with white heterosexual thugs who aren't very good at football. Jobza good 'un.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Potter is a better than most of you think. I hope he will succeed wherever he might end up. Would have been interesting to see what he could have done with todays squad, which is A LOT better than what he had at the time (incl Ali Mac and Caicedo).
You are Graham Potter and I claim my 5 poundss.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I hope GP has enough good friends and family around him to tell him his lack of charisma is not suited to the United job.
He must still be mentally scarred by his Chelsea experience. To try and repair the toxic condition of Manchester United is beyond him.
Somewhere like Bristol City or Norwich would be far more suitable and satisfying.
Money isn't everything.
I would assume he doesn't have to ever worry about money again.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Potter is a better than most of you think. I hope he will succeed wherever he might end up. Would have been interesting to see what he could have done with todays squad, which is A LOT better than what he had at the time (incl Ali Mac and Caicedo).
Not all over the pitch.

De Zerbi has better attacking options, but Potter chose to use one of them as a left wing back. Potter had a way better midfield. When he started the run that got us into the top ten he had to pick from Bissouma, MacAllister, Mwepu, Caicedo and Gross. Four of them gone, one unfortunately but the others for over 150 million combined.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Red cafe is a thing of Beauty right now. I love how fans of so called big 6 see a manager and think they will be good for one of theur rivals, then suddenly when they are Rumoured to Interested in him, its hes not good enough for them.
Despite Man u Qualifying for champions league space last season, it shows either the PL was poor or that smaller clubs see Man u as a once big club. In our first few seasons in the premier league, when we play man united It was a case of.
Keep in the scoreline down, Now it's a case of how many points will you taken for them?

Fans living in the past, a stadium that is in need of Millions of pounds worth of renovation. Potter could be a good choice for them, hes not a bad manager, imo if Chelsea had kept with him they would be in a better posistion then they are now. Potter at Chelsea was the wrong time, just beung taken over by Yanks who know FA about football and think you get points for every £ million spent. Chelsea fans wanted an over hyped and rated manager to replace Potter in Poch, only claim to fame is getting a good Spuds team to a CL final. They now want him gone.

Man u wanted Eric Ten Bob they now want him gone. The only big names are Den and Ange at Spuds, Dick at Villa or our RDZ, will any one of those three take on a job at United? IMO no.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Potter is a fine coach.

Poch is doing much worse, with more money being spent, yet no one bats an eyelid because he's a BIG NAME and clearly isn't at all out of his depth, because that was lazy journalism towards Potter which wouldn't be replicated for Poch at all.
Yes, lazy journalism, which reinforced the ignorant fans' view that GP wasn't a big enough name, which caught on with some of the players too, then 'conformed' by lazy journalism and so on round a vicious circle until Boehly lost his nerve.
Man United could do much worse than get Potter in and rebuild the entire club from the top down, because that's clearly what's needed there. Been stumbling along on and carried by streaky form players for about 8 seasons now. Martial, then Rashford, then Fernandes, then Rashford again, now McTominay.
Yes, he would be a good fir for rebuilding United - but - lazy journalism would quickly jump on the bandwagon that he couldn't deal with big names at Chelsea, so he obviously wouldn't be able to do it at United either, entitled fans would take it up, and lazy journos and entitled fans would continue to feed each other confirmation bias ad inf. And on top of that, moaning fans and lazy journos would be ideal for players who've seen off four or five managers already, who will scent blood!
Stay away, Mr. Potter!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Well, in his last year maybe. I doubt that anyone back in 2020-21 could say that Ali Mac would be man of the match in the WC-final a year later. At the same time Caicedo started to shine.
Of course, squads evolve and you can make an argument for pretty much any point in time. RDZ inherited a squad mid-transfer window so they both had exactly the same players for a short while each.

Right now, though, we're playing on two different fronts, twice a week with a worse midfield than what I quoted. Gilmour is decent and represents great potential as well (possibly now he's at the Ali Mac in 2021 stage), Beleba is being eased into it and Dahood just looks awful.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Of course, squads evolve and you can make an argument for pretty much any point in time. RDZ inherited a squad mid-transfer window so they both had exactly the same players for a short while each.

Right now, though, we're playing on two different fronts, twice a week with a worse midfield than what I quoted. Gilmour is decent and represents great potential as well (possibly now he's at the Ali Mac in 2021 stage), Beleba is being eased into it and Dahood just looks awful.
I'm genuinely surprised you still have the desire for this particular 'fight'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here