Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pot the Red?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Still being paid severance from Chelsea I imagine. A new job would cancel that so maybe hanging on for a big money job?
Yeah, but why would the same manager be considered for two vastly different jobs?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Leicester

Leicester
As far as I can work out, Maguire was out on loan at Hull the season Leicester won the Premier League.

i checked before I posted that yesterday and the only trophy it had Maguire winning was something European. Just checked and found the Hull thing just now.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I don't think he has anything to lose if he took the Utd job. If he does well he'll reap the praise, if he can't turn it around he'll just shrug and say - Van Gaal, Moruinho et al couldn't turn it around either.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I would assume he doesn't have to ever worry about money again.
I don't think many people in football think like that – just look at what VERY well paid footballers in Europe do when offered obscene amounts by the oil-botherers. Ego comes into play as well and – for Potter – unfinished business. He young, motivated and probably desparate to prove that the Chelsea experience doesn't mean he's shitehouse.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I heard a bit of Goldstein last night talking about how Potter definitely wasn't the right man for the job and thought Ten Hag should stay (even though the day before, he'd been asking why he was still at the club). However, he then couldn't name a manager who he DID think deserved the job, hence falling back on the 'Ten Hag should stay' line.

They also played a clip of Gabby Agbonlahor saying United should go after di Zerbi. My immediate thought was why Emery wasn't been linked/suggested and then I remembered he's a big Villa fan, so couldn't possibly do that – not when it gives him the opportunity to suggest the manager of a rival club. Tit.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't think many people in football think like that – just look at what VERY well paid footballers in Europe do when offered obscene amounts by the oil-botherers. Ego comes into play as well and – for Potter – unfinished business. He young, motivated and probably desparate to prove that the Chelsea experience doesn't mean he's shitehouse.
He's not young (or if he is, RDZ is four years younger).

He's not motivated or probably desperate (else he'd have taken one of the umpteen job offers on, uh, offer long before now).

He's shitehouse

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
He's not young (or if he is, RDZ is four years younger).

He's not motivated or probably desperate (else he'd have taken one of the umpteen job offers on, uh, offer long before now).

He's shitehouse
He's young compared with a lot of managers and, at 48, is the average age of a PL manager.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
As far as I can work out, Maguire was out on loan at Hull the season Leicester won the Premier League.

i checked before I posted that yesterday and the only trophy it had Maguire winning was something European. Just checked and found the Hull thing just now.
No, he played for Hull from 2014 to 2017, with a loan to Wigan in 2015. Then he signed for Leicester in June 2017

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here