Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Points Needed for Away Europa League games?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
As said by a few previous comments, I don't think they'll sell out as quickly as the majority think they will...
  1. The away fixtures aren't situated in the holiday breaks so many students will probably not come.
  2. They are on the Thursday, during the week, so some of those who work will probably not come.
  3. The transport prices are increasing rapidly by the minute, especially for Athens, which may put off some supporters.
  4. The possible violence, especially in Marseille, may put off some supporters.
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Athens and/or the Marseille match will not be sold out.
I agree with you. I reckon whoever wants to go at STH and MyAlbion+ level will get tickets to all 3 - even Ajax.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Apologies for being off topic (kinda) but does anyone know where I can find how many ST points I have?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Collect tickets ...day prior to the match and from the morning of the match until two to three hours prior to kick-off.

Ffs. I think I'm arriving in Marseille about 4 hours before the game. I better not be delayed. This is ridiculous. My brother will be there before me so surely they will let him pick up for me if I show them proof I'm going.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Collect tickets ...day prior to the match and from the morning of the match until two to three hours prior to kick-off.

Ffs. I think I'm arriving in Marseille about 4 hours before the game. I better not be delayed. This is ridiculous. My brother will be there before me so surely they will let him pick up for me if I show them proof I'm going.
No chance has to be in person, I arrive in Amsterdam on the day of the game at 13:00hrs however meeting youngest at station and collecting ticket before going to hotel as he arrives a day earlier.

Might be worth contacting the club and explaining your situation and what happens if you cannot get there to pick it up, perhaps at the stadium ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
With all this splashing the cash on the Europa league I can see getting away tickets getting in the PL this season will be easier than usual.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Doesn’t sound the most practical system. Much will depend on where the collection point is I suppose. Trouble is, in a lot of cities, it it’s near the stadium that’s a ballache the day before. If it’s in the middle of town, that could be a right pain on match day. For anyone travelling from the UK on the day to more distant venues, may get very tight time-wise. Super early departures required (probably a good idea anyway) but any delay might scupper ticket collection. Plus if it means going from an airport into town and back out to a stadium against the clock, potentially whacks up the cost considerably. Also makes it tricky to go straight from the airport to the ground, which might be appealing in some of the more ‘lively’ locations.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
No chance has to be in person, I arrive in Amsterdam on the day of the game at 13:00hrs however meeting youngest at station and collecting ticket before going to hotel as he arrives a day earlier.

Might be worth contacting the club and explaining your situation and what happens if you cannot get there to pick it up, perhaps at the stadium ?
Thanks yes will contact if it's 3 hours. 2 should be ok.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I agree with you. I reckon whoever wants to go at STH and MyAlbion+ level will get tickets to all 3 - even Ajax.
I'd like to think you're right but I'd be hugely surprised. I'm expecting several '000 BHA fans in Amsterdam city centre boozers on Thursday night

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Doesn’t sound the most practical system. Much will depend on where the collection point is I suppose. Trouble is, in a lot of cities, it it’s near the stadium that’s a ballache the day before. If it’s in the middle of town, that could be a right pain on match day. For anyone travelling from the UK on the day to more distant venues, may get very tight time-wise. Super early departures required (probably a good idea anyway) but any delay might scupper ticket collection. Plus if it means going from an airport into town and back out to a stadium against the clock, potentially whacks up the cost considerably. Also makes it tricky to go straight from the airport to the ground, which might be appealing in some of the more ‘lively’ locations.
A number of England fans have previously posted on this subject and have said it they have had few, if any, issues. This has to be done, and the club have given very clear and very advanced information for you to base your plans on. I’m sure it will be fine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The worry is how many Tier 1 and 1901’s will just buy up their allocations regardless of whether they’ll be able to meet those restrictions meaning loads of wasted seats and 1000’s who can’t get in
Few, if any, given there will be sanctions for those who do.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A number of England fans have previously posted on this subject and have said it they have had few, if any, issues. This has to be done, and the club have given very clear and very advanced information for you to base your plans on. I’m sure it will be fine.
Probably wont affect me because I doubt I’ll get a ticket. I think we’re allowed to discuss the merits or otherwise, no matter how much notice we’re given. interesting that it works well for England although if that’s at a tournament it’s a different scenario.

As i said originally, a lot depends on where the ticket collection is based. I’m sure they’ll try to make it relatively convenient.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Probably wont affect me because I doubt I’ll get a ticket. I think we’re allowed to discuss the merits or otherwise, no matter how much notice we’re given. interesting that it works well for England although if that’s at a tournament it’s a different scenario.
It’s for qualifiers as well as tournaments.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If it's points based, why did the club send out an email inviting fans to register for tickets? Feels like it'll be a lottery
They want to gauge interest and likely demand for when they request tickets from the opponents.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Agreed. Good system especially if you are there the day before the game. The FA normally do it in a hotel pretty central. Imagine the club would do the same

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
The only thing I would say, is that is works well because the FA take over a decent amount of support staff to organise everything. And obviously they are very well practiced at doing it. If the Albion only take a handful of inexperienced ticket staff it could be less than smooth. I’m sure with Barber’s experience in the FA though it will be fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here