Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Points Needed for Away Europa League games?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Apologies for being off topic (kinda) but does anyone know where I can find how many ST points I have?

Reactions: A1X

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Cos a lot of people have more money than sense. The same as those who spend £1000’s on corporate seats and tunnel clubs with little intention of attending themselves

I’m not saying they’ll deliberately take their allocation with no intention of those seats being used but may not think through the logistics of travel and having to be the named person on that ticket picking it up in Amsterdam
I'm sure I read something from the club suggesting there would be penalties if people bought tickets and didn't use them without a very good reason! Reason being they only want people to buy tickets that intend to go ... which is right, in my opinion.

EDIT:

Just found it ...

"Away tickets will be strictly no changes, transfers, or refunds. If you find you’ve bought a ticket and can’t attend, no refunds will be issued but please notify and return the ticket to the club to avoid non-attendance penalties.

We want to ensure those purchasing intend to travel due to anticipated high demand, if you don’t collect your ticket(s) you may face sanctions when buying the next away game".

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
I'm sure I read something from the club suggesting there would be penalties if people bought tickets and didn't use them without a very good reason! Reason being they only want people to buy tickets that intend to go ... which is right, in my opinion.

EDIT:

Just found it ...

"Away tickets will be strictly no changes, transfers, or refunds. If you find you’ve bought a ticket and can’t attend, no refunds will be issued but please notify and return the ticket to the club to avoid non-attendance penalties.

We want to ensure those purchasing intend to travel due to anticipated high demand, if you don’t collect your ticket(s) you may face sanctions when buying the next away game".

Thanks for that - that’s reassuring 👍

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
As said by a few previous comments, I don't think they'll sell out as quickly as the majority think they will...
  1. The away fixtures aren't situated in the holiday breaks so many students will probably not come.
  2. They are on the Thursday, during the week, so some of those who work will probably not come.
  3. The transport prices are increasing rapidly by the minute, especially for Athens, which may put off some supporters.
  4. The possible violence, especially in Marseille, may put off some supporters.
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Athens and/or the Marseille match will not be sold out.

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

EDIT:

Just found it ...

Where are we collecting tickets from?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Think tickets will go a lot further than people think.

How many of the top few tiers are parents with kids? Are parents going to take those kids out of school for a trip abroad? How many people are going to have the money for all 3 trips, especially in the run-up to Christmas?

They’ll be people who probably won’t be able to get the time off work in the busy period before Christmas too, I’m sweating on getting Ajax off tomorrow and I know others who may struggle to get time off too.

Personally think they’ll probably be ~1000 ticketless Brighton fans in Amsterdam but Marsaille & AEK Athens will be much less of a rush. I wouldn’t be surprised if AEK doesn’t sell out tbh, flights had shot up to £500 at one point and there aren’t many other options. It’s a lot of money.
I am yes, but don't tell his teachers. It's a once in a (my) life time time experience. He's going. It's important.

Plus I've no friends and don't want to go on my own!!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Not clear but somewhere central within the City, UEFA directive I suspect not the club
Have they stated day of the game, day before?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Looking at previous club’s visits,Ajax is likely to be 2600 plus a few hundred on top for the club’s use, as per UEFA rules.
There won’t be any extras for Ajax as the ground always sells out and we’d probably have to reciprocate, which this game we may not want to given likely demand at the Amex.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Have they stated day of the game, day before?
Don't quote me but think around 2 to 3 days prior to game and around 3 hours prior to ko.

I arrive Amsterdam just after 13:00 on matchday so hopefully no train delays!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Don't quote me but think around 2 to 3 days prior to game and around 3 hours prior to ko.

I arrive Amsterdam just after 13:00 on matchday so hopefully no train delays!
Ah good window then which allows for different arrival times.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Take out the corporate and “ I don’t support Brighton but fancy an away trip to entertain my clients” people, will leave about 2000 of the 3000 tickets available….which will go to regular away fans.

the rest of us will go and find a fan zone or bar to luzz chairs and fight with the local gendarmerie

They will need the points the same as everyone else though to attend, so will be regular away fans already, Shirley?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Ah good window then which allows for different arrival times.
Not that big a window ...

Again ... this from Club website ...

"All tickets for UEFA Europa League away matches have to be collected, by each named individual, along with photo ID (either a passport or driving license) at our ticket collection point in the city prior to the match. The collection facility will likely open the day prior to the match and from the morning of the match until two to three hours prior to kick-off.

Details of the ticket collection point location and its hours will be shared with ticket holders in due course. Fans without matching photo ID will not be able to collect their tickets.

Please allow plenty of time to collect your tickets prior to kick-off when booking your travel. It's possible fans will be held back at the stadium after the final whistle, so please bear this in mind when booking return travel".

This is the page with current ticket info ...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not that big a window ...

Again ... this from Club website ...

"All tickets for UEFA Europa League away matches have to be collected, by each named individual, along with photo ID (either a passport or driving license) at our ticket collection point in the city prior to the match. The collection facility will likely open the day prior to the match and from the morning of the match until two to three hours prior to kick-off.

Details of the ticket collection point location and its hours will be shared with ticket holders in due course. Fans without matching photo ID will not be able to collect their tickets.

Please allow plenty of time to collect your tickets prior to kick-off when booking your travel. It's possible fans will be held back at the stadium after the final whistle, so please bear this in mind when booking return travel".

This is the page with current ticket info ...
Thanks for clarification

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Think tickets will go a lot further than people think.

How many of the top few tiers are parents with kids? Are parents going to take those kids out of school for a trip abroad? How many people are going to have the money for all 3 trips, especially in the run-up to Christmas?

They’ll be people who probably won’t be able to get the time off work in the busy period before Christmas too, I’m sweating on getting Ajax off tomorrow and I know others who may struggle to get time off too.

Personally think they’ll probably be ~1000 ticketless Brighton fans in Amsterdam but Marsaille & AEK Athens will be much less of a rush. I wouldn’t be surprised if AEK doesn’t sell out tbh, flights had shot up to £500 at one point and there aren’t many other options. It’s a lot of money.
I've got a feeling this might be true too. Everyone is full of beans at the moment but lots of variations why people can't go midweek.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
To quote our Graham, it is what it is.

I have cancellable travel / hotel to Amsterdam but at around 2700 tix it’ll be touch and go for me and the boy in the mid 260s. I will be registering interest for Athens too which will probably only be 1500 tix but lower demand.
I’ll try for that if we don’t get Ajax rather than go to Amsterdam without a ticket.

I suspect we’ve got a lot of fans who can only do one financially and work leave wise. That’s certainly where I am.

Anyone who wants a ticket for Marseille will get one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here