Piercy QUITS

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
I'm with the toad - I didn't think he played too badly on sat and was amazed when hardly anyone stood up to clap him when he was subbed.
He was all full of little flicks and trying to create things but he was missing some fitness and him and knight didn't link up very well.
Sad to hear he's retired.
I blame all the negative atmosphere we create on withdean. At every game the fans whinge and release some pent up angst in four letter outbursts, the only difference is that at most clubs the general hubbub or singing drowns them out.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Thanks for the memories John

dec26-1.jpg

:clap2: :clap2: :bowdown:

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
I've been moved to come out of semi-retirement on this one. I'm really saddened by the news. John is obviously a very talented footballer who has had his dreams crushed by what is a horrible illness. Some of the stick he got, especially on Saturday, left me wondering what kind of people we tolerate at this club these days. Sure we've always had our fair share of whingers, as with any club, but what has really disappointed me lately is the shear idiocy of a lot of the comments on here, Harty's phone in's and at the matches. The people who booed John and harranged Mark McGhee are not just obnoxious, they know nothing about football and our current position within it. They are complete wankers who are pissing off loyal servants to the club they claim to 'support'.

During the warm-up Saturday one guy in front of me, right by the hoardings and in clear ear-shot of the players was shouting out things like "you on the bench today Leon? hope so" and "Piercy, worst player we've ever had". Even if that's your opinion what possible good is that going to do 'your' team just before an important match? I just pray that the players and staff realise that these tossers are a very vocal minority. The problem at Withdean is that they get heard and tolerated, and they seem to be growing in number.

I have lost my patience with these people and they are starting to seriously diminish the joy of watching the club I love. Shame on them all. Get behind the team, keep your comments constructive and confined to suitable situations or please, please go away and pretend to support another team.

Last edited:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm very sad to see John retire. He was undoubtedly a talented footballer who could have done great things with the Albion if he'd been able to get fully fit.

Some great memories from last season from a player who obviously cared as much as us. I hope he sees fit to join us in the stands from now on - or gets himself a turn at a non-league side where he will surely be plenty talented enough to make up for any lack of fitness.

Good luck in the future fella. We won't forget you.

:drink:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'm still coming to terms with this. Didn't know anything about the illness today. Thought he had a so-so game Saturday but at the time I thought it was unsurprising as he'd been rushed back to play.

John really had potential and I had really hoped he'd come through.

regradless of our financial worries I hope we're fair to him... lihe is goign to be alot harder now.

Agere with everyone... Plymouth game stands out for me and the penalty in the play-off showed the potential that he always had.

We'll miss him. More than happy to sign a letter to him. After the way he was treated Saturday it's the least we can do.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
everyone keeps saying he had potential ,but he,s 25!!! never made it at spurs,

I for one am glad to see him go, (not sad to see an injury end his career though)

he also likes to drink too much and can often be seen around eastbourne making a tit of himself!!!

sorry, I cant feel the same way about him as the rest of you.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Have to say I was a little shocked by the timing of this. :ohmy:

It was clear on Saturday that he wasn't match fit but I thought given a few games that he would be back.

It's a shame we never saw the best of him really due to this illness and injury.

All the best in the future John :wave: :drink:

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
Quote me on what I said on Saturday, he had great potential but some absolute dickheads just slated him and I hope they are feeling f***ing guilty now after this.

John, I wish you all the best and would like to thank you for all that you did for the Albion in your short time at the club. I and I am sure that some of the people on here (NSC) wish you all the best for the future mate.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Phaedrus said:
I've been moved to come out of semi-retirement on this one. I'm really saddened by the news. John is obviously a very talented footballer who has had his dreams crushed by what is a horrible illness. Some of the stick he got, especially on Saturday, left me wondering what kind of people we tolerate at this club these days. Sure we've always had our fair share of whingers, as with any club, but what has really disappointed me lately is the shear idiocy of a lot of the comments on here, Harty's phone in's and at the matches. The people who booed John and harranged Mark McGhee are not just obnoxious, they know nothing about football and our current position within it. They are complete wankers who are pissing off loyal servants to the club they claim to 'support'.

During the warm-up Saturday one guy in front of me, right by the hoardings and in clear ear-shot of the players was shouting out things like "you on the bench today Leon? hope so" and "Piercy, worst player we've ever had". Even if that's your opinion what possible good is that going to do 'your' team just before an important match? I just pray that the players and staff realise that these tossers are a very vocal minority. The problem at Withdean is that they get heard and tolerated, and they seem to be growing in number.

I have lost my patience with these people and they are starting to seriously diminish the joy of watching the club I love. Shame on them all. Get behind the team, keep your comments constructive and confined to suitable situations or please, please go away and pretend to support another team.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
So sad to see him forced to retire, on his day he was fantastic

Good luck with everything you do John xx

No disrepectic but hardly think he was fantastic //

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Good penalty at Swindon.

Shame he's retired. But now Rodger, Blackwell AND PIERCY have retired we must have some wages freed up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports