Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piercy QUITS

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I commented yesterday about four Manchester United players whose transfer fee added together would more than pay for the building of Falmer.

The same is true about their massive wages. I don't know what John Piercy was on but it was probably a pittance compared to Roy Keane et al. Now at 25 he as to find a new career (possibly outside sport) which will be tough for him. I hope he has had the forsight to put money aside in the past to help him through this period.

Good luck John

Last edited:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Re: Re: Piercy QUITS

Fran Hagarty said:
It was confirmed on SFM News this morning. He is suffering from colitis.
too true,that quote sums up half the moaners on here,and who slagged him off on sat,hope he finds something else soon and good luck to him

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Piercy RETIRES!!!!!

from the official site www.seagulls.co.uk .

John Pirecy has retired.

although he had a stinker on sat i think it is a shame that will be his last game for us, with everyone f***ing moaning at him....and then the ultimate embarassment of being f***ing CHEERED for leaving the pitch on a substitution!

:censored:

Thanks for the good days JOHNNY!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Okay, I'll admit it. I may have said a few unkind words about JP over the last couple of days, and looking back at them, they were unwarranted. I obviously was not aware of the full facts about what John had been suffering from and I would like to unreservedly apologise for anything I might have said, and wish John all the best for whatever career path he now chooses.

Good luck JP. :)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My conscience is clear as I felt he did alright on sat and on occasions showed the little bit of spark and flair that might, nay will be needed in this division... I'm glad there are some people on here who slagged him off as I hope they are feeling guilty as hell.. tossers all.

I'll never forget his celebration after the penalty he took in the play offs.

Best wishes John.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
My conscience is clear as I felt he did alright on sat and on occasions showed the little bit of spark and flair that might, nay will be needed in this division... I'm glad there are some people on here who slagged him off as I hope they are feeling guilty as hell.. tossers all.

I'll never forget his celebration after the penalty he took in the play offs.

Best wishes John.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
As above. The crowd knew it was his first game back and he would be off the pace and yet they made no allowance. A sorry way to end. Will the Brighton crowd ever learn. Hope they hang their heads in shame. Bye JP and best of luck for the future.:wave:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
cant we get a letter together to write to him?? may sound geeky if its from nsc, but after saturday, and definitely after this week he'll need some cheering up

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Really sad news. And I do hope all those twats giving him loads of abuse DO feel guilty.

I do have to ask though, what the hell was he even doing on the pitch if he was 3 days from retirement, instead of a match unfit Molango?

Anyway, good luck John.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
cant we get a letter together to write to him?? may sound geeky if its from nsc, but after saturday, and definitely after this week he'll need some cheering up

:clap: Great idea BAG:clap:

All the best John, I was genuinely shocked by the news this mornng as you were a genuinely good player - I will never forget the best penalty I have ever seen under such pressure in the semi last year and the way you helped get us over the line in Cardiff.

All the best in whatever you do post-Albion:ascarf:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Albion Dan said:
Really sad news. And I do hope all those twats giving him loads of abuse DO feel guilty.

I do have to ask though, what the hell was he even doing on the pitch if he was 3 days from retirement, instead of a match unfit Molango?

Anyway, good luck John.

might have been his way of saying goodbye - or he wanted to see how he could do, would be sad if its the first because of the abuse he got

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here