Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Piercy QUITS

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Seagull Pete said:
Okay, the money we are saving from the 3 retirements can be used to get a striker from lower league right??? Or we just going to rot at the bottom of the league and become the leagues whipping boys???
We have to come to some kind of financial agreement with him apparently.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Let's face it he was rubbish on Saturday - the weakest link in a fairly weak looking team. We shouldn't feel guilty for berating him from the terraces because he wasn't up to the job, and the fact that we retrospectively know why he wasn't up to it doesn't change that fact.

Never the less, anyone whose career in any field is cut sort by illness does deserve massive sympathy. Mr Piercy did get some stick on Saturday but I'd like to bet everyone wishes him well.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
DAMN thats a bad start to a Tuesday morning :nono: I was always a big fan of Piercy and was really hoping he'd prove himself this season, this illness is obviously nasty and long term and I wish him all the best with his recovery and best wishes for the future :clap:

I'm gonna miss you John :nono:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
He showed flashes of brilliance and obsiously had a lot of talent. It's a cryng shame that illness has forced him to retire. I wish him the best of luck in the future.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I hope his decision had nothing to do with the unfounded criticism he received on Saturday.

I personally will remember him for several fantastic long range goals, and his excellent penalty against Swindon (which guarantees hero status in my book).

Best of luck John, thanks for giving it your best shot.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's a shame to go out on such a low note... Saturday's call-up was obviously a bridge too far.

I'm sure we all had high hopes when he joined the club - and obviously so did the management, who gave him every support and encouragement to get fit and playing again. What a pity that this illness has cut short his playing career.

It's very tough for a young man to face this sort of harsh reality.

Best wishes John.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You wouldn't wish this on anyone.

He's taken a brave decision but, judging by his performance on Saturday, the correct one.

All the best John.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hindsight is a great virtue. Had we known that his illness was so serious and career threatening as it has proved to be I am sure that most of the people on here wouldnt have subjected him to such critisicm as he received on Saturday unfortunately we didnt, not that we could have been expected to, and as a result it wuld appear that this critisicm was unjust and may have contributed towards his decision to retire.

I hope that he looks back on the good times with us as we say thank you for what you have done in the past and wish him well for the future.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
he can now concentrate on his drinking career!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Although he wasnt anywhere near his best on Saturday I felt disguested by the cheering when he was subsituted, there were a few moments in the game when his undoubted vision and skill showed through. Such a shame it will be his last ever game, he could have been one of the best players to appear in the stripes.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do John.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
WHENS THE FANZINE OUT? :lolol:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Great player on his day, one of few we had who could run at people - a fit JP would have made a real difference to our team. For the record, I thought he played fairly well on Sat, considering he was out of position and unfit - some great first time passes and touches. Best of luck for the future in whatever he decides to do.

Oct 25, 2003
thanks for scoring that penalty and combining it with a COOL celebration

i always liked piercy, clearly had the talent, just not the fitness

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Scarface said:
We have to come to some kind of financial agreement with him apparently.

We haven't had to do anything.

As much as I feel sorry from Piercy having to retire, I really do hope we haven't wasted more money paying someone who is not able to play.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
All the best for the future John what ever you decide to do.
Thanks for what you did for the team in making them a success.

Piercy was a class player when he was in form, scored some great goals last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here