Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
It does seem odd that the powers that be at BHAFC issued a statement apologising and accepting responsibility. Do you think they issued that to put the matter to bed or did they actually have a culprit identified? Either way - poor decision making.

A sorry state of affairs indeed.

I'm ashamed of my club if this is all true (it was the coach driver, Browett et al knew very soon after and said nothing). But equally anyone not red and blue/blue and white must find this all hilarious.

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
In exactly the same way, no-one knew if it had anything to do with Brighton when it happened, didn't stop you lot from crowing on about it or even your manager doing interviews on Sky about it.

And you lot wouldn't have crowed about it had it have been the other way around?
Tell me otherwise and I'll call you a big fibbing fibber who lives down fibalot lane.

Dec 3, 2012
If Brighton were the historically more successfu team. You'd take the same approach. Move on.

If Palace were the perennial losers they'd take the moral high ground.

IMO the approach would be the same. It's human nature. To imply that an individual has less moral backbone because of the football team they follow is ridiculous.

And you lot wouldn't have crowed about it had it have been the other way around?
Tell me otherwise and I'll call you a big fibbing fibber who lives down fibalot lane.

Of course I would have you din, that's why I can't understand why you are getting narky now it's out that it was nothing to do with us and one of yours.

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
Of course I would have you din, that's why I can't understand why you are getting narky now it's out that it was nothing to do with us and one of yours.

In what way am I getting narky? Are you accusing me of narkiness to suit your own agenda? A bit like poo gate?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It does seem odd that the powers that be at BHAFC issued a statement apologising and accepting responsibility. Do you think they issued that to put the matter to bed or did they actually have a culprit identified? Either way - poor decision making.

I'm ashamed of my club if this is all true (it was the coach driver, Browett et al knew very soon after and said nothing). But equally anyone not red and blue/blue and white must find this all hilarious.
Good post.[emoji106]

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I've had food poisoning, in Goa. It was horrendous, I mean proper bad. I was litterally pissing out of my ar*e all night. I managed to get it all in a toilet; which is good going out there.
I'd like to think that the toilet arrangements in the away dressing room were quite modern & not too far away from the changing area.
Maybe this coach driver thought it would "hilarious" to curl one down at the amex?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
It does seem odd that the powers that be at BHAFC issued a statement apologising and accepting responsibility. Do you think they issued that to put the matter to bed.

Brighton have a massive corporation with a good reputation as a sponsor. I imagine that is why they wanted the matter to be put to bed. Palace on the other hand were sponsored by cack or something like that and were able to behave in their normal manor. Disgusting.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I am not deluding myself, and to be frank I didn't really care about it then and I don't now, it seems a silly little side show, that tried to take the gloss of a great football match against two great rivals, Back in the day Wimbledon and Cambridge used these sort of tactics all the time.

Not only that but the 20 months since the incident have seen umpteen players change clubs, 4 or 5 managers leave, and to be brutally honest the clubs seem as distant in league status as ever...so not deluded just cant believe a coach driver was allowed to walk around a "state of the art" football stadium as he liked.
So your club captain is a liar?

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008

Oh for the sake of sanity just go away you irrational half wit !!!

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
I think it is probably fair to assume the situation was more of a messy toilet than crap all over the floor and walls. This part of the tale seems to have been a victim of chinese whispers.

Still gross but lets not make it into something it isn't.

And before anyone jumps on this I stand by my comments that if this is all true then Palace (my club) have acted appallingly.

I think it is probably fair to assume the situation was more of a messy toilet than crap all over the floor and walls. This part of the tale seems to have been a victim of chinese whispers.

And before anyone jumps on this I stand by my comments that if this is all true then Palace (my club) have acted appallingly.

Suggest you go onto BBS and type poogate into the search. According to your lot (when it was assumed to be a Brighton employee) Palace are Scum was smeared on the walls in human excrement.

chamakh_attack

Feb 14, 2014
Suggest you go onto BBS and type poogate into the search. According to your lot (when it was assumed to be a Brighton employee) Palace are Scum was smeared on the walls in human excrement.

What are you saying? That it is unlikely to have been poo smeared everywhere and more likely to have been a messy toilet or that it was unlikely to have been a Palace employee? I'm sorry I'm not sure what you are saying?

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Tell me something...were you at our place for the first leg? And if so, were you one of the majority of away fans that cheered, booed and jeered when Murray injured himself?

Majority, what a joke, that's a complete an utter lie, a handful "maybe"....but hey we've got a few nasty fans that follow us, but they pale into insignificance compared to way you've conducted yourselves over the whole "poogate" affair. Just admit your club has a history of being shabby, be it from the way it went in admin (twice) to avoid being wound up, to the general way your fans troll this message board. I don't know anyone (be they Albion or not) that has any affection for CPFC, to me its not really a proper London club anyway, just a grubby little suburb of Surrey that got swallowed up in the ever expanding metropolis.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

I suppose we were lucky the driver didnt use his standard issue Groupon voucher and crap in two cubicles.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Albion chief executive Paul Barber sent out an e-mail to season-ticket holders on May 31 2013, updating them on various club matters. It included the following:-

In the interests of keeping you informed as best we can, we have concluded our investigation in to the incident in the visitors’ dressing room ahead of the play-off match with Crystal Palace. This issue generated very negative press coverage, inconvenience to our visitors for which we have apologised, as well as speculation and rumour, much of it exaggerated or untrue. To be clear, the incident was confined to the floor and to the paper dispenser area of one cubicle in the visitors’ dressing room toilets. No ‘messages’ were scrawled on the floor or anywhere else. And it remains a slight possibility that this was not a deliberate act of vandalism as attempts were made to clean up the area before the issue was brought to our attention. Numerous club employees and contractors need access to the tunnel area of our stadium to do their jobs. There is no evidence that a member of the club’s staff was responsible. Equally, we cannot be sure who was. Unfortunately, we are very unlikely to know exactly what happened, but access and security to the tunnel area have been reviewed and some changes will be implemented next season. It is now time to move on.

Aside from DNA-testing, how would you expect the club to definitively know who the culprit was? I think the statement above, far from being "poor decision making", is a perfect example of a well-run club doing exactly what you would hope they would do; take the matter seriously, fully investigate it and make public to the stakeholders the finding of that investigation. But then, Albion are a classy club, as Ian Holloway admitted a few days after the incident:-

You have to act with dignity and I believe Brighton have. It must be difficult, with a stadium like that, to stop a complete lunatic trying to spoil what Brighton do. We all know what a good club Brighton are.

We chose to keep it to ourselves, I trust they will do it in the right way. Brighton’s a fantastic club — although that didn’t endear them to me.

I thank them for the bottle of wine they gave me after I told them about it. Someone got into our dressing room who shouldn’t have done but Brighton responded it to it very well.

So, Palace got the win; Holloway got a bottle of wine and Palace went on to claim their Premier League millions. Albion? They settled for acting with decency, good grace and class.

It is a pity that you, [MENTION=28977]chamakh_attack[/MENTION], appear to be the only Palace poster on this thread who even comprehends what that last sentence means.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
So Brighton issued a public and formal apology and called it 'Vandalism'. Then started an internal process to find the culprit, and all along Palace knew. Utterly disgusting! Holloway's comments, bad press about it being a Bhafc employee, palace mong trolls going on and on about BHA as a classless club Then Palace actually allowed the process to continue when they knew the truth. They really have showed themselves to be the lowest, underhand scum of a football club.

Barbers officially apology: "We apologised to Crystal Palace as soon as the vandalism in their dressing room was discovered, and again more formally a few days after the match."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here