[Palace] Phantom Sh*tter

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
So we can both agree that there was jeering even though we disagree on the noise level then? Point being, we were both there.
Anyone on here in our dressing room that night to witness faecal matter all over the place? No? Was Paddy Mac serious or joking? No-one on here knows.

I doubt if there were as many Albion fans jeering etc, as there were Palace when our present managers brother, broke Gerry Ryans leg and finished his career, so dont even attempt to reach the moral high ground over Murrays injury

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think BHAFC should say something though. To all fans and press saying that they were wrong to assume it was vandalism from BHAFC employees and 'hope' for an official apology from Palace.

I really don't think theres much point. Palace are Palace, if this story comes out in the wider media then people can form their own conclusions about that particular club and the shabby way it has conducted itself again.

Dec 3, 2012
I really don't think theres much point. Palace are Palace, if this story comes out in the wider media then people can form their own conclusions about that particular club and the shabby way it has conducted itself again.

Do you honestly think anyone outside of Brighton and Palace could care less about this?!?

Jesus. Have a word with yourself.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It would appear at the time of that statement that BHA took responsibility because the invesitgation didn't uncover the culprit. Meanwhile, the staff and owners of CPFC knew full well exactly who was responsible, they obviously chose not to let on to anyone BHA. Hence the full public apology which was subsequently offered (and accepted) by your owners, whilst your fans gleefully revelled in the shame and embarrassment it caused here from the media circus surrounding it.

Classless weasels running your club.
What a great summary. Gives us even more of a reason to dislike that club. Their management behaved disgracefully after this event and if there was any doubt before, there is none now that they are without honour.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Do you honestly think anyone outside of Brighton and Palace could care less about this?!?

It's newsworthy because of its unusual back story. The sort of thing that gets a "and finally" mention on 5 Live and TalkSport. It's not a question of whether anyone outside of the M23 corridor cares about it or not.

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
I doubt if there were as many Albion fans jeering etc, as there were Palace when our present managers brother, broke Gerry Ryans leg and finished his career, so dont even attempt to reach the moral high ground over Murrays injury

You lot have climbed so high up the moral tree that there can't be any oxygen up there!

Dec 3, 2012
It's newsworthy because of its unusual back story. The sort of thing that gets a "and finally" mention on 5 Live and TalkSport. It's not a question of whether anyone outside of the M23 corridor cares about it or not.

I was answering to a statement that "people will form their own opinions".

They won't care enough to have an opinion.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

In the great scheme of things no, probably not. But then thats probably just as well for your weasel owners and hypocritcal fans isn't it ? None of your mob come out awfully well in this whole grubby saga do you. Best to wait for it all to settle down, go away and pretend it never happened eh.

Bit like your admins.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
After the event in question, several fans of other clubs (big ones, they were mostly plastics) talked to me about it and argued that Brighton were a disgrace etc. It would be good for all the papers and media to put things right and ask questions about the integrity of the palace players and board. The whole thing stinks.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

It was 2years ago , let it go .

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I was there that night and I don't recall any jeering.

I was not at Selhurst to see or hear the Murray incident, as I decided I would never go to that pit again and been treated like criminals from the Met, so can not comment, but I can 100% tell you that the Palace fans cheered and laughed at the Gerry Ryan incident as I was with them in the Arthur Waite and had to leave as I was so incensed, I did not talk to my Palace mate all the way home. Also dont you sing a song about it ?, not sure we do about Murray, just saying.

ParDieu

Banned
Jan 18, 2015
What part of that is non-sensical? The fact you are shabby, grubby and admin loving? Maybe the part about not being a real London football club is a personal one but I know many London football fans who wholeheartedly agree.

You won a football match against us, well done. but the nasty underhand way CPFC conducted themselves afterwards says EVERYTHING you need to know about the Nigel's.

Put these words in order.....Straws, clutching, at.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It was 2years ago , let it go .

It's already been picked up by the Argus and Croydon Advertiser today who deemed it newsworthy and it's a ready-made unusual story for the end of sports news items so no point directing the 'let it go' at me, you utter spanner.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Normally I would think withdrawing the apology would be petty, but because your shitty club covered it up, I think it's warranted.

This. Countries in Central America have gone to war with each other over lesser incidents.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports