[Albion] PASSING ON A TICKET WARNING

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
If all that OP said is true, it's a sorry state of affairs and a far cry from the joy of queueing outside the ground in 1983. Of course, times change, blah blah blah, but it seems ridiculous to have an empty seat that could so easily have been filled by a genuine Brighton fan, assuming that face value was all that was asked for.
I have no season ticket etc. and would love to have gone, as I did to Highbury and then Wembley (and the replay), with my old man.
I'll be content with a seat at home, copious beer and nibbles, a toilet mere seconds away and will be blasting the sound through a 5-speaker system, to achieve a 'little' of the atmosphere.
Also, saving a fair sum on tix and travel.
Still, I'd far rather be there than not, yet the same will apply to the Final, should we get there.
As far as OP is concerned, I do hope that all was above board and if so, that the club reconsiders the 10 match ban.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is a warning to anyone thinking of selling on there spare ticket(s). I wish someone had warned me!!

I confess to being ignorant of the terms and conditions of ticket sales as I suspect are many supporters.
I tried to get a refund for my ticket to the semi-final on Sunday and was told I could not.
So being someone who did not want to see the ticket go to waste or see an Albion supporter who really wanted to go but was denied as they were all sold out.
I arranged to pass on the confirmation email in exchange for the face value of the ticket.

This has cost me a 10 match home ban and my Albion account has been suspended. So anyone thinking of doing the same please be warned!!
Oh dear oh dear, we have all been warned enough times.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If all that OP said is true, it's a sorry state of affairs and a far cry from the joy of queueing outside the ground in 1983. Of course, times change, blah blah blah, but it seems ridiculous to have an empty seat that could so easily have been filled by a genuine Brighton fan, assuming that face value was all that was asked for.
I have no season ticket etc. and would love to have gone, as I did to Highbury and then Wembley (and the replay), with my old man.
I'll be content with a seat at home, copious beer and nibbles, a toilet mere seconds away and will be blasting the sound through a 5-speaker system, to achieve a 'little' of the atmosphere.
Also, saving a fair sum on tix and travel.
Still, I'd far rather be there than not, yet the same will apply to the Final, should we get there.
As far as OP is concerned, I do hope that all was above board and if so, that the club reconsiders the 10 match ban.
The flip side is, if you are Priority 1 and couldn't go, you could just get a ticket and pass it on easily enough. The system of rewarding fans who attend the most games with priority is completely undermined if it is easy to buy then pass on a ticket to whomever.

However, in the digital age of tickets, the situation of having a non refundable / non transferable tickets that in the event of not being able to attend there is nothing you can do does seem a bit ridiculous.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The flip side is, if you are Priority 1 and couldn't go, you could just get a ticket and pass it on easily enough. The system of rewarding fans who attend the most games with priority is completely undermined if it is easy to buy then pass on a ticket to whomever.

However, in the digital age of tickets, the situation of having a non refundable / non transferable tickets that in the event of not being able to attend there is nothing you can do does seem a bit ridiculous.
Yes, surely you should be able to pass it back to the club for resale, even if it does come with an accompanying 'admin' (pfft!) fee?

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
If anyone is reading this from the club, release more Under 21s tickets for the Man United game on Friday my mates want to go.
i’m about to send 4 back mate, not sure if they will re-release them, now williams final has been moved from next week to this week he’s gonna have a sensible night

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Still seems a bit odd. I know of 4 fans who have sold their tickets on to others fans as they can't now go, and not one of them have had any issues. Screen shots of the ticket codes in each case sent by email.

Unless photographic ID will be checked on Sunday for the whole crowd, I suspect they'll have no problem getting in.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Still seems a bit odd. I know of 4 fans who have sold their tickets on to others fans as they can't now go, and not one of them have had any issues. Screen shots of the ticket codes in each case sent by email.

Unless photographic idea will be checked on Sunday for the whole crowd, I suspect they'll have no problem getting in.
Seemingly it’s because the OP tried to sell his ticket on here, listing the seat number

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Personally cannot see that there isn’t more to this story… no way they’d just email because a ticket was added to a different wallet and presumably removed from yours. Absolutely no way.

I got some guest tickets for Brentford for some friends and the girl fell ill on the day of the game so we removed the tickets all from her phone and put on another phone.

I know this is Wembley but really can’t see they’d email just because of a ticket being added to another wallet?!

Can you post the email so we can understand what rule has been broke and what evidence etc?
Please find attached letter regarding the sale of your FA Cup Semi Final tickets.

Thank you

Supporter Services

+44 (0)1273 668855 (Option 1)

supporter.services@brightonandhovealbion.com

BrightonAndHoveAlbion.com

1681826546041.png
1681826546055.png

t has come to our attention that a match ticket owned and assigned to you for the FA Cup Semi
Final v Manchester United has been listed for sale online.
As clearly stated in our terms and conditions the passing on or reselling of home or away match
tickets is strictly prohibited, it is also strictly against the terms of our loyalty point system. See the
details below:
3.1. Subject to clause 3.4, below, the Home Supporter Match Ticket is issued for your sole use and
you shall not sell, dispose of, assign, transfer, lend or otherwise deal with the Home Supporter Match
Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club. Further
you shall not use the Home Supporter Match Ticket for any commercial purpose.
3.2. The reference to selling the Home Supporter Match Ticket includes:
3.2.1. offering to sell a Home Supporter Match Ticket (including, without limitation, via any website
or online auction site);
3.2.2. exposing a Home Supporter Match Ticket for sale;
3.2.3. making a Home Supporter Match Ticket available for sale by another person;
3.2.4. advertising that a Home Supporter Match Ticket is available for purchase, which for the
avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) means that this Home Supporter Match Ticket may
not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition;
3.2.5. transferring, lending or selling a Home Supporter Match Ticket to any third party as part of a
hospitality or travel package; and
3.2.6. giving (or offering to give) a Home Supporter Match Ticket to a person who pays or agrees to
pay for some other goods or services (or offers to do so);
all save as expressly authorised by the Premier League or the Club.3.3. The unauthorised sale or disposal of a Home Supporter Match Ticket may amount to a criminal
offence under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the
Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. The Club will inform the police when it becomes aware that a
Home Supporter Match Ticket has been sold, or disposed of illegally and will press for charges to be
brought against those breaking this law. If you are convicted of a ticket touting offence, or we
reasonably suspect you have committed such an offence, we will notify the Premier League who may
in turn notify other football clubs, event holders and/or the relevant law enforcement authorities.
The information that we share may includes your personal data, including your name, contact
details, information about the offence and about ticket purchases (including payment details). We
will use this to identify and prevent ticket touting offences and disorder at Matches.
3.4. If more than one Home Supporter Match Ticket is issued to you, one Home Supporter Match
Ticket must be retained by you, for personal use (subject to the provisions below) and the remainder
may be transferred to your Guest(s) for his/her/their personal use only PROVIDED THAT such transfer
takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of the Home
Supporter Match Ticket, and such transfer does not take place in the course of any business or for the
purpose of facilitating any third party's business.
The selling of your tickets is a category 3 sanction and a 10 home league game ban. Your account has
therefore been blocked and the ticket deactivated, along with your right to purchase tickets.
If you wish to contest this action, please detail this in writing within 14 days alongside any
supporting evidence.
Yours sincerely

Assistant Supporter Services Manager

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've had the same problem today. I was pretty sure I could go but I'm going through an unexpected rough period with my illness.

I actually called the club to be told that it's not possible ... and it did surprise me. After all STH can buy for guests and the tickets are issued in the STH name so what difference? I did mention this and was told that spot checks could be carried out and if the ticket wasn't issued in the STH guest window then it will be spotted.

Frankly I don't believe that but that's the position being adopted at least publicly.

I wanted to give my tickets to daughter and b/f but I'm 65+ and they are adult so I'm buggered 😥
Oh as an addendum to the above before the call finished they made a point of getting my fan number and DOB. I feel I may now a 'marked man' even though I had no intention of doing anything that might land me in hot water

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Apologies if I am slurring an innocent purchaser, but there are geezers on NSC. It is therefore possible that the guest who has picked up this ticket, has swiftly offloaded it to a tout and the club has seen this offered for sale. In which case the Op is not the one deserving of a ban.

There were 101 options for buying a ticket, especially if you have been active on this forum. Why buy a spare from a stranger?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Unless photographic idea will be checked on Sunday for the whole crowd, I suspect they'll have no problem getting in.
All the tickets for Sunday in my wallet have received "updates" today so those fans may need to send new screenshots as seems as though something changed.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Apologies if I am slurring an innocent purchaser, but there are geezers on NSC. It is therefore possible that the guest who has picked up this ticket, has swiftly offloaded it to a tout and the club has seen this offered for sale. In which case the Op is not the one deserving of a ban.

There were 101 options for buying a ticket, especially if you have been active on this forum. Why buy a spare from a stranger?
I think it’s much more likely, as Bozza mentioned, that the OP posted the exact seat number in a previous post and the club cancelled it on that basis.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The modern world for you, as already mentioned above. Stamp down hard on the small, easy to pick on guy while not approaching the real problem (tickets touts outside the Amex for instance).
I guess it's necessary in these times, but it does kinda suck a lot of the fun out of it all, and I genuinely feel for the older fans who aren't generally as savvy as youngsters, tech-wise.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
One point is that this is neither a home or away ticket. It is a ticket for a neutral ground and as such you could argue that the club’s Ts&Cs don’t apply and that those of Wembley do apply.
It does also seem ridiculous that the club allow you to buy two tickets and pass one on, but don’t let you pass your own ticket on to someone legitimate.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Whether you like the rules or not, the rules are clear, you cannot return or sell on away tickets. I really fail to see what is so difficult to understand. I personally feel the club had good reasons to introduce these rules and I think away games have been better this season as a result.

That said I do think it would be good if the club could offer a returns facility for away tickets as it would clearly help a small number of fans. IIRC from the supporters club Q&A Barber seemed to think this would be easier to do once all PL clubs had adopted a digital ticket system, so I would not rule this out for the future, but for now we have to abide by the rules as they are.

I stand to be corrected on my recollection there, but I do think somebody asked Paul about this very issue.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One point is that this is neither a home or away ticket. It is a ticket for a neutral ground and as such you could argue that the club’s Ts&Cs don’t apply and that those of Wembley do apply.
It does also seem ridiculous that the club allow you to buy two tickets and pass one on, but don’t let you pass your own ticket on to someone legitimate.
Not really…..you agree to whatever T&C the club apply when you buy the ticket (and have to actively accept them before paying)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports