Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PASSING ON A TICKET WARNING

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Out of interest, how did this "other NSC member" know you weren't able to use your ticket, or is it someone you knew?

I'm just thinking that if it was from one of the threads where people were helping people out with getting tickets and the club has somehow sent in a mole, then they are bang out of order. Let's hope it's not that.
Helping out with guest tickets is absolutely fine - the STH is just responsible for the guest.

I’m sure the club are after touts and people selling tickets for money and aren’t too fussed about tickets being passed on deep down - more the bastards making money off them… something doesn’t add up right…

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Potentially but surely you can just pass it to family or friends and they use it as your guest…? There’s no proof there at all. There’s more to this than what we’ve been told imo…
Maybe something like perhaps the ‘other NSC member’ is on the banned list of those who have had passed on away tickets and caused trouble or something? :shrug:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Unless when OP contacted the club they flagged his account as a potential wrong 'un and watched to see where his ticket ended up before hitting the ban button.
Makes sense if the OP added to his wallet, then removed and it was readded (is that even possible ?!)

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Potentially but surely you can just pass it to family or friends and they use it as your guest…? There’s no proof there at all. There’s more to this than what we’ve been told imo…
The other way that just occurred to me (you can tell I'm avoiding doing my actual job here!) is that the person who bought the ticket is someone from the club looking out for people exchanging tickets.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yeah but I honestly don't think the ticketing system looks that deeply for connections. Would be some sort of GDPR/privacy issues surely? The phone I have my season ticket on is different to my everyday phone (and the wallet has a different email address to my account plus that phone doesn't have a simcard so no number) so I'm certain the ticketing system doesn't check such things.

Sounds more like a sting. Curious if the OP will out who they sold the ticket to?
I don’t know, but can see how it would be relatively easily done (I used to do exactly this type of thing for a living, albeit in a different setting)……..you still have an active wallet with a history of tickets being transferred to it and I very strongly suspect we’ve all signed up to info being shared between the club and google/apple when we click the ‘agree T&C’ button without reading anything. Could simply have picked up that a named ticket went to a different wallet than usual and investigated from there

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Ah Paul - you did say the exact seat and that you wanted money for it in public - so perhaps the club picked up on it as they do look at NSC:

‘I have a ticket 551 / 30 / 334. I brought it hoping my sister could sit next to or near me but unfortunately she could not get a ticket...’

Even that seems a bit far fetched but…

Best to not advertise these sorts of things tbh - The club are pretty clear about the rules - did you post it anywhere other than NSC?

A ban does seem harsh mind, if this is the full story…

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Out of interest, how did this "other NSC member" know you weren't able to use your ticket, or is it someone you knew?

I'm just thinking that if it was from one of the threads where people were helping people out with getting tickets and the club has somehow sent in a mole, then they are bang out of order. Let's hope it's not that.
No way would that be the case. If you bought a ticket, as a guest for someone on here who you have never met, is no different than buying one for mates mate. The guest part means just that. The people I helped I did have a phone chat prior to buying them just to satisfy myself.

The ticket in question has to be assigned to the OP or someone on his F and F. By contacting the club they will know the ticket and put a flag on it. Even then I'd be surprised if they can determine what phone is used for the download.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe something like perhaps the ‘other NSC member’ is on the banned list of those who have had passed on away tickets and caused trouble or something? :shrug:
If that WAS the case, the member has let down NSC and Paul… He was just trying to give the ticket to another fan at face value so his intentions weren’t touting…

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If that WAS the case, the member has let down NSC and Paul… He was just trying to give the ticket to another fan at face value so his intentions weren’t touting…
Definitely….only speculation on my part though as atm the whole thing sounds a bit odd/harsh

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This isn't about our club, but WTF is going on in the world? Especially in this country. It's run by morons. And then you get stuff like this. I get it- rules are rules. But how can it ever, ever be right for a well meaning football supporter to be banned for 10 games for selling their ticket when touts are doing this for literally every single game? They're crooks who make a living out of it. It's just all upside down.
Because it’s easy to go after the good guys, same in all such instances eg Police will arrest a weedy looking student for saying ‘piss off’ whilst avoiding the angry in yer face profanities from a hard nut. You see this all the time on fly on wall docs! Football is no different. We let hundreds of hoody Palace yobs break into the Amex for free, and let them stay moreover! Surprised we didn’t supply them with free pies and pints. Meanwhile the thread starter gets banned for passing on a ticket FOC to a game that anyone who’s a BHA fan could and would have got a ticket for. You can’t make this shit up and it’s totally disproportionate / another modern football sucks example. FFS Barber, give yourself a head wobble as NSC likes to phrase it! Use some common sense here.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If Clevor Trever can find a way to make a quick buck out of a guest ticket then that's exactly what Clevor Trever is going to do. Them's the rules

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
The irony of all this is that I've heard stories of a few people who are on the naughty ban list that have managed to get tickets by being guests of season ticket holders
Ah Paul - you did say the exact seat and that you wanted money for it in public - so perhaps the club picked up on it as they do look at NSC:

‘I have a ticket 551 / 30 / 334. I brought it hoping my sister could sit next to or near me but unfortunately she could not get a ticket...’

Even that seems a bit far fetched but…

Ah, that's exactly how they found out. I've heard of people getting bans from Twitter because they've used their real name in their profile when selling tickets on.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looking back at the OP's previous posts - he posted the full seat details (block / row / seat) on NSC a short while back.

I suspect that's where the information came from.

Which makes me feel a little bit sad.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Looking back at the OP's previous posts - he posted the full seat details (block / row / seat) on NSC a short while back.

And confirms club employees monitor the site, which we always kind of knew, but it’s a bit creepy to have confirmed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The other way that just occurred to me (you can tell I'm avoiding doing my actual job here!) is that the person who bought the ticket is someone from the club looking out for people exchanging tickets.
My first thought - secret shoppers at work. Best way to find out how tickets are getting passed on is to pose as someone looking for tickets...

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

It makes me very,very sad. Not just a little bit.

Of all the places to look for touts, I'd hope that they're not to be found here. Certainly not as long(ish) term members.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Me too, Big Brother is watching and plotting :down:

Leaves a nasty taste if true, especially on here where we are all through and through fans not touts. Touting is the only reason the club should be so draconian.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So, I'm assuming that if I have bought my ticket and two guest tickets in a different part of the stadium and I want to sit in one of the guest ticket seats, then I can't - which seems rather silly.

But hey, this ticketing system is perfect and simply can't be improved.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
3BF42F6C-627E-4ADF-ADF7-CD170C7C7861.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here