Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] PASSING ON A TICKET WARNING

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
What I find odd is the two cases that have been highlighted on here have been games in which it’s gone to general sale so literally anyone could have got one anyway.

In addition what’s the clubs aim. To stop those who they don’t want attending games picking up tickets? To stop people harvesting points for games or both.

If it’s the later. I’d be keen to know about all the unused tickets that have been purchased for Forest in a few weeks that won’t be used and people have picked up purely for the points.

Just when things are going good the club like to ruin it for proper fans.

On a side note I love the Ecuadorian YouTuber who gets to away games but how the f*** is he picking tickets up on the regular.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
how’s sending the email on different to sending a guest ticket on?? how do they know
Maybe because the ticket passed on wasn't a guest ticket but a named ticket - i.e. from the primary ticket holder ? Wrong to ban the OP anyway.

My challenge to the club would be who do I have the contract for the ticket with ? Wembley or the club ? To me ( I'm not a lawyer ) the contract looks to be with Wembley as their T&Cs are mentioned and therefore BHA are just an agent. That would mean BHA can't ban the OP because the contract provider ( Wembley ) allows for ticket transfers.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It makes me very,very sad. Not just a little bit.

Of all the places to look for touts, I'd hope that they're not to be found here. Certainly not as long(ish) term members.
Is this touting? All assuming the OP is telling the full story, he passed on for face value. That alone would suggest it's a genuine case of someone unable to use a ticket and not wanting to lose the money and/or leave an empty seat. I don't think either of those things are unreasonable. Most people know how strict the club are on away games but this is not an away game - it's a neutral venue with literally thousands of tickets available to 'guests' - and the venues own terms say tickets can be passed on in this way.

As someone who finds it difficult to get on the away ticket ladder, I'm all for systematic purchasing of away tickets to protect loyalty points being stamped out - but the club's reaction to this seems ridiculously harsh, assuming the OP has no prior history on that score.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Maybe because the ticket passed on wasn't a guest ticket but a named ticket - i.e. from the primary ticket holder ? Wrong to ban the OP anyway.

My challenge to the club would be who do I have the contract for the ticket with ? Wembley or the club ? To me ( I'm not a lawyer ) the contract looks to be with Wembley as their T&Cs are mentioned and therefore BHA are just an agent. That would mean BHA can't ban the OP because the contract provider ( Wembley ) allows for ticket transfers.
Imagine legally it’s ok to overlay additional T&Cs…….tickets were bought through the club, not Wembley. It was BHAFC T&C we agreed to accept before hitting the button

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On a more serious note, I think there should be a way to exchange away tickets through the club, because at least one time this season a friend couldn't make a game, but there was no way for me to hand it back to the club for someone (even after they emailed and didn't even want a refund).
Yep…posted this earlier. Not having a single legit means of transferring an away ticket is daft.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Out of interest, how did this "other NSC member" know you weren't able to use your ticket, or is it someone you knew?

I'm just thinking that if it was from one of the threads where people were helping people out with getting tickets and the club has somehow sent in a mole, then they are bang out of order. Let's hope it's not that.
Maybe we have a RAT?

We haven't had a good witch hunt on NSC for a long time. I'm up for one.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I may not agree with club rules on sharing tickets for homes games but it makes the club money and I have to accept it. However for somebody that finds they are unable to go to Wembley to get a 10 match ban for passing ticket on is completely over the top. What else are they supposed to do with seat. If OP appealed to club am sure he would get a lot of support.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Firstly, I'm surprised by Wembley T&Cs, given football ticket 'touting' - including giving tickets away for free, without specific permission - is prohibited in English law.

There are clauses in the Wembley T&Cs about being 'eligible' for the passed-on ticket.

But surely Albion wiped out most criteria when it allowed season ticket holders to buy for others?!

The only 'condition' to have a ticket for Wembley is that you know an Albion season ticket holder.

T
he season ticket holder buys it, has pass it on (!), and they're then responsible for the recipient's behaviour.

All this is quite different to an away game, with conditions tied to loyalty points etc.
Yes.....I was able to buy a ticket for my pal's son without any bother. Owing to evident senility I can't remember how I did it. It was never 'passed on' as such, though. I find all this sort of malarkey complicated and difficult so I usually ask Mrs T to deal with it for me. I'm not sure whether she realized she was signing up to arse-wiping duties when we got together 10 years ago, though. It is what it is.

Nicks

I may not agree with club rules on sharing tickets for homes games but it makes the club money and I have to accept it. However for somebody that finds they are unable to go to Wembley to get a 10 match ban for passing ticket on is completely over the top. What else are they supposed to do with seat. If OP appealed to club am sure he would get a lot of support.
As I posted earlier it may get reduced to a 5 game ban if he is being honest.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
In the light of the discussion on here and the apparent risk to me my offer of unused tickets at face value is withdrawn. I have made the assumption that Wembley rules applied but as that appears not to be the case I will not take the risk. Sadly that means 2 seats will be empty.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've had the same problem today. I was pretty sure I could go but I'm going through an unexpected rough period with my illness.

I actually called the club to be told that it's not possible ... and it did surprise me. After all STH can buy for guests and the tickets are issued in the STH name so what difference? I did mention this and was told that spot checks could be carried out and if the ticket wasn't issued in the STH guest window then it will be spotted.

Frankly I don't believe that but that's the position being adopted at least publicly.

I wanted to give my tickets to daughter and b/f but I'm 65+ and they are adult so I'm buggered 😥

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've had the same problem today. I was pretty sure I could go but I'm going through an unexpected rough period with my illness.

I actually called the club to be told that it's not possible ... and it did surprise me. After all STH can buy for guests and the tickets are issued in the STH name so what difference? I did mention this and was told that spot checks could be carried out and if the ticket wasn't issued in the STH guest window then it will be spotted.

Frankly I don't believe that but that's the position being adopted at least publicly.

I wanted to give my tickets to daughter and b/f but I'm 65+ and they are adult so I'm buggered 😥
And yet here are a load of tickets for sale for £200+ https://www.ticombo.com/en/sports-t...d59cb4-faa9-48fd-8564-f4c210923b48;quantity=1

Those are the people the club should be going after, not somebody who has a spare ticket for perfectly legitimate reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here