Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking for Home matches

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
Fair enough. In that case I apologise for that. Ignore me - I'm just in an awkward mood today :shrug:

Don’t worry I was a little pissed off having followed the Club’s guidance I spent 40 mins hitting refresh as the Club hadn’t got round to putting tickets on sale. Am over it now
UTA
PS: had half a mind to keep info on tickets to my self but we are #togetherinthepremierleague.
Got that Saturday match day feeling already

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Whoever owns Bennetts Field is obviously earning a good wedge from the club for parking etc....
I'm surprised he not advertised on 'Park On My Drive' :shrug:

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Coming from Worthing I always use the Mill Road P&R as it is the most convenient to get to. I don't actually park in Mill Road itself but instead park around the Valley Drive area and then walk to get on the bus. However there are plenty of others who do this so I do wonder if any parking restrictions will be introduced for match days if the residents ever complain. Especially as for the last few home games in the 19/20 season there were plenty of cars parked on grass verges, half blocking pavements etc.
Depending on where you sit at the Amex can mean lengthy queues after the game, quicker to get to the return bus if you sit in the South as you will join it before it starts to build up.

Also, why is the parking for the women's game in the Bridge car park priced at £5 whilst the men's games are £15!?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Also, why is the parking for the women's game in the Bridge car park priced at £5 whilst the men's games are £15!?

full car park vs 30 cars
supply and demand
comparative costs of stewarding

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Frankly, staggered by this response. I might be wrong but it feels like the first time I've ever seen a request for advice on NSC and someone has essentially responded, "I could tell you, but I won't as it might make my life a bit more difficult."

****ing sad when you think about it really.

I could say I hope your car won't start after the game and nobody tries to help you. But I won't because I'd like to think that people would help.

EDIT:
If this was just a joke and I've been wooshed, then of course I apologise unreservedly for missing the joke and being grumpy.

It was tongue in cheek hence the cheery supporter Smiley on the end. I've made several posts expressing gratitude for the Parking posts as it triggered me getting the Bridge for the first two games and not needing P + R. That was my context, but obviously not yours, so fell on stoney ground. Sorry.

Chickenlittle

Feb 6, 2017
South coast
Parking for home games

Apologies if this has already been covered considering how close we are to the first home game. Does anyone know the reasoning behind only offering the Bridge Car park for the foreseeable? Elsewhere on the website it still mentions Sussex Uni as an alternative but I can’t see it being offered for the next few game when you try to book it? Also states there is NO parking available at all for the Arsenal & Leicester games?? Anyone know what’s the issue? (other than Covid fecking everything up of course!)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Students (6,000 odd I reckon) move into halls at Sussex Uni on the 18th & 19th Sept. Not a good time to offer parking to a third party.

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
As mentioned in an email to me from Paul Barber "As you have been previously advised, and as was explained in detail on the club’s website, this issue is out of our control due to a local landowner wishing to develop land used as one of our stadium car parks in nine of the ten seasons we have been at the Amex."....

So this makes we wonder...have any planning applications been put for the land...yet me check... nope...nothing on ESCC Planning or Brighton-Hove Planning Portals!

So why would the landowner choose to stop the lease and income from land months before anything that can be built? Or am I missing anything?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
For all you people concerned with parking I would recommend Seagull Travel. Very reliable and certain of a seat with no queuing. Just look up there stopping points and park there

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
As mentioned in an email to me from Paul Barber "As you have been previously advised, and as was explained in detail on the club’s website, this issue is out of our control due to a local landowner wishing to develop land used as one of our stadium car parks in nine of the ten seasons we have been at the Amex."....

So this makes we wonder...have any planning applications been put for the land...yet me check... nope...nothing on ESCC Planning or Brighton-Hove Planning Portals!

So why would the landowner choose to stop the lease and income from land months before anything that can be built? Or am I missing anything?

If it's live wouldn't it probably be on the Lewes District Council or South Down National Park sites. But it might not have got to that stage yet. Not sure why you think the club would lie about this and lose money on the parking

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
If it's live wouldn't it probably be on the Lewes District Council or South Down National Park sites. But it might not have got to that stage yet. Not sure why you think the club would lie about this and lose money on the parking

Bennet's field is within the BHCC boundary isn't it?

Anyone know anything about the Matthew Bennet that owns it? Is he a local?

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

Not much in the public domain that can answer that. I think it was described as the owner triggering a break clause in the lease. Maybe the break clauses were very infrequent and if it was not triggered now the next opportunity to do so might not arise for several more years. They might have done a calculation that 1 or 2 years lost rent would be a small price to pay if PP were granted.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Not much in the public domain that can answer that. I think it was described as the owner triggering a break clause in the lease. Maybe the break clauses were very infrequent and if it was not triggered now the next opportunity to do so might not arise for several more years. They might have done a calculation that 1 or 2 years lost rent would be a small price to pay if PP were granted.

They'll definitely make more money renting out student accommodation than letting it as parking. Think how many students they can cram into that space.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
No blame to owner of land. Huge increase in value from field/carpark to residential use for a block of student flats. Owner taking a big gamble because every chance will be turned down and as land would be of no use to anybody else will have to go back to Bloom. Gamble also by Bloom because sure has a figure owner would sell for.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bennet's field is within the BHCC boundary isn't it?

Anyone know anything about the Matthew Bennet that owns it? Is he a local?

Part of it is in LDC's boundary - hence their remit to completely f**k up our planning permission for the best part of 10 years.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

There was a detailed reply to this question in one of the many parking threads. Maybe even this one as it has been merged. If I remember correctly someone said a planning application is being prepared but has not yet been submitted. Are you really saying that Paul Barber is lying ? I have to say that is a bit unfair. The club are not obliged to provide parking.They are more open and communicative than just about any other, particularly in the PL and yet still people don’t trust them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here