Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking for Home matches

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In your shoes I would drive to Lewes. It’s only 5 minutes further from the ground. Total extra journey time if you get the train is maybe 30 to 45 minutes. It hardly makes it impossible. We have done exactly that since the Amex opened. We don’t want to use the trains now because of Covid so we managed to get parking for Watford but will do Woodingdean and walk for the others. It is what it is. Your options are the same as ours.
Are there parking restrictions in Woodingdean?

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Is Mill Road P&R and the Racecourse P&R still open 3 hours before kick-off?
I can't find it on the website.

I emailed Supporter Services asking that this week and was told yes, open 3 hours before.

Is anyone able to tell me how long they’re open after the game and also how often the buses run before and after as she didn’t confirm that?

Sorry if these are obvious questions but I’m a total P and R newbie and will have my 5 and 7 year olds with me going to their first game so want to make it as enjoyable and pain free as possible as we all know how important our first game is!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thanks. May consider that for the games without any near site car parking.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Probably best to look at Google Earth and look for streets nearest to Falmer Rd, I haven’t parked there on a match day though but occasionally work in Woodingdean.
Some roads are busy with residents cars during the day though.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
According to the ESCC website parking is available on Saturdays for a nominal £1 charge at County Hall in Lewes. Then a choice of a short walk to Lewes station or an even shorter walk to nearby bus stops for free travel to The Amex.

Assuming this is still correct and ESCC are not looking cash in on our sudden match day parking crisis...:whistle:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You’re basically saying you can’t (or aren’t willing to) add maybe 30 mins each way to your journey. The drive could easily vary by 30 mins, people going by train can easily end up getting home 30 mins later than they planned - even a minor issue with the trains can do this.

You can park a couple of miles away and walk
You can drive to one of the P&Rs and get a (free) bus in
You can drive to a station and park, and get a (free) train in

You can ‘easily adapt’ if you want.

I think you may have mentioned this before but where are good places to park in Lewes for the station
Also, do you show your apple wallet ticket to get on the train :whistle:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think you may have mentioned this before but where are good places to park in Lewes for the station

I’ve parked at the west street pay & display in Lewes before then wandered up to the high street for a bite of lunch then a stroll down the hill to the station. Trains much, much quieter coming in from this direction, obviously plus less of a queue afterwards.

Possibly closer car parks to the station in Lewes than West St but it’s always worked for me.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
According to the ESCC website parking is available on Saturdays for a nominal £1 charge at County Hall in Lewes. Then a choice of a short walk to Lewes station or an even shorter walk to nearby bus stops for free travel to The Amex.

Assuming this is still correct and ESCC are not looking cash in on our sudden match day parking crisis...:whistle:

This car park is definitely available on a Saturday, also evenings midweek, I parked there when I went to the nearby Pelham Arms.
I did catch a bus to one match from Lewes bus station and the bus was quite full when it got there, I think it was full when it left the bus station and drove straight past other stops near County Hall.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I use the car park in North St (right at the bottom by the river, or a bit further up by the horse tack place if there’s space).
Haven’t got an Iphone, battery life is shite :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

May I raise some random questions to eat up your time:

Is Bennett’s Field parking open?
What’s an NHS Covid Pass?
Can I park for free at Aldrington Station?
Are masks mandatory on the concourses?
Is cash still legal tender at the Amex counters?
Will the sweets stalls still be there?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Bridge Car Park?
Travelling from John O’Groats, is it best to park at Southwick or Polegate train stations?

:whistle:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
You can still park at the ground (did it today). They will direct you to the bottom couple of rows of the car park which I assume the club still own.
Yep, the majority of the spaces have been marked as disabled spaces and are available on match day.
My wife has a blue badge and we have been moved down to there from Bennett’s field for this season

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
You’re basically saying you can’t (or aren’t willing to) add maybe 30 mins each way to your journey. The drive could easily vary by 30 mins, people going by train can easily end up getting home 30 mins later than they planned - even a minor issue with the trains can do this.

You can park a couple of miles away and walk
You can drive to one of the P&Rs and get a (free) bus in
You can drive to a station and park, and get a (free) train in

You can ‘easily adapt’ if you want.

Maybe 30 minutes?

Course I could park 2 miles away and walk. Course I could “adapt”

I do wonder if we were talking about another club whether people on here wouldn’t be so defensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
This car park is definitely available on a Saturday, also evenings midweek, I parked there when I went to the nearby Pelham Arms.
I did catch a bus to one match from Lewes bus station and the bus was quite full when it got there, I think it was full when it left the bus station and drove straight past other stops near County Hall.

Thanks for confirming the car park is open for evenings - wouldn't want to get locked inside!

Your experience also suggests that the train is the better option, despite a longer walk.

Some reasonable pub options in Lewes too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks.

I totally disagree with your view on the club concerning this but I do appreciate the tip. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very good exchange between you and [MENTION=34242]Neville's Breakfast[/MENTION]. Useful to me, regardless of the knight who came to my rescue :thumbsup:

Heated but civilised debate among civilised supporters. :bowdown:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Thanks for confirming the car park is open for evenings - wouldn't want to get locked inside!

Your experience also suggests that the train is the better option, despite a longer walk.

Some reasonable pub options in Lewes too.

I think the bus came in from other towns, maybe Ringmer, I’m sure we were early the day and the bus seemed popular with Albion fans.

Plenty of very good pubs in Lewes.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
May I raise some random questions to eat up your time:

Is Bennett’s Field parking open?
What’s an NHS Covid Pass?
Can I park for free at Aldrington Station?
Are masks mandatory on the concourses?
Is cash still legal tender at the Amex counters?
Will the sweets stalls still be there?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Bridge Car Park?
Travelling from John O’Groats, is it best to park at Southwick or Polegate train stations?

:whistle:

Yes to all that is the long answer

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’ve parked at the west street pay & display in Lewes before then wandered up to the high street for a bite of lunch then a stroll down the hill to the station. Trains much, much quieter coming in from this direction, obviously plus less of a queue afterwards.

Possibly closer car parks to the station in Lewes than West St but it’s always worked for me.

Ta….it being quieter and only one stop down the line is why I will give it a go when I can’t get a Bridge ticket….generally working on a match day hence I tend to get there bang on KO

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here