Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Parking for Home matches

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This is an absolute ****ing mess.

I emailed Barber and his response in his usual 2,000 word diatribe was “tough”.

I had no idea about parking for these games till I came on here.

The club forgot to put them up.

There are no trains between Hove and Brighton for the Leicester and no parking.

Now no parking for the next game either.

No communication from the club.

No one answers calls.

It is an absolute joke. I know there are some on here who would defend the club for anything but even the most blinkered must see this is ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Thanks for posting. It really is a shambles. I would have had no idea they were on sale (having tried earlier this morning) if it wasn't for your post. Club need to do better.

So I now have no parking for Leicester, Arsenal or Man City. Lucky for me an NSC poster recently came to my rescue and I will now try to 'tap him up'.

It isn't right, though. Not for ST holders who live 50+ miles away with no direct train link :wrong:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
There was a detailed reply to this question in one of the many parking threads. Maybe even this one as it has been merged. If I remember correctly someone said a planning application is being prepared but has not yet been submitted. Are you really saying that Paul Barber is lying ? I have to say that is a bit unfair. The club are not obliged to provide parking.They are more open and communicative than just about any other, particularly in the PL and yet still people don’t trust them.

Sorry that’s nonsense.

“Open and communicative”? They didn’t tell us about the parking until 2 weeks before the season started and didn’t mention there was any risk, however small, when I shelled out £1,500 for two season tickets.

There was no email about the parking for these two games.

And try and get through to the them on the phone.

Come on….

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sorry that’s nonsense.

“Open and communicative”? They didn’t tell us about the parking until 2 weeks before the season started and didn’t mention there was any risk, however small, when I shelled out £1,500 for two season tickets.

Come on….

Do you know when they were aware of the parking situation ? Because I don’t. I haven’t tried calling them for a long time but that’s true of most companies. Online chat or e Mail are much the easiest and quickest ways.
At the end of the day parking our cars is our problem. I’ve just adapted.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So I now have no parking for Leicester, Arsenal or Man City. Lucky for me an NSC poster recently came to my rescue and I will now try to 'tap him up'.

It isn't right, though. Not for ST holders who live 50+ miles away with no direct train link :wrong:

It's unfortunate but it isn't insurmountable. You might not have a direct train link but it isn't hard to drive to one within the free travel zone.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sorry that’s nonsense.

Come on….

Unless you know what exactly was happening then can you really criticize? The club may just have been negotiating the renewal of the agreement with Bennet which they may have done several times during the last 10 years and they themselves had the rug pulled from under them. There aren't many available parking areas they could then use at short notice.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I don't blame the club for the parking per se. I do think communication could have been much better and more timely. I do also wonder if with knowledge of the break clause more could have been done to warn everyone in advance. The whole situation is unfortunate in the understandable reluctance to use public transport at the moment. Of course the club can't be blamed for that.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Do you know when they were aware of the parking situation ? Because I don’t. I haven’t tried calling them for a long time but that’s true of most companies. Online chat or e Mail are much the easiest and quickest ways.
At the end of the day parking our cars is our problem. I’ve just adapted.

They knew there was a risk - otherwise how did it happen?

I have had a season ticket every year since the Amex opened.and every year parking has been available. I have no direct train link and it fundamentally changes my ability to get to matches and my overall match day experience.

It may be easy for you to adapt - it isn’t for me.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Unless you know what exactly was happening then can you really criticize? The club may just have been negotiating the renewal of the agreement with Bennet which they may have done several times during the last 10 years and they themselves had the rug pulled from under them. There aren't many available parking areas they could then use at short notice.

Yes - I can criticise.

My empathy with even own football club can only go so far…..

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I have had a season ticket every year since the Amex opened.and every year parking has been available. I have no direct train link and it fundamentally changes my ability to get to matches and my overall match day experience.

Of course there is a risk. Stuff happens. It’s your/our risk though. I say again: the club is not obliged to provide parking. Just because it has been available before does not mean it always will be. Why can’t you do park and ride or drive to Brighton or Lewes to park and get the train ? Or park in Woodingdean and walk ? These are the options used by most fans in every season. Why is it different for you ?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Why can’t you do park and ride or drive to Brighton or Lewes to park and get the train ? Or park in Woodingdean and walk ? These are the options used by most fans in every season. Why is it different for you ?

Most fans?

I live 40 miles to the west so I’m not driving to Lewes. And sure - drive into the centre of Brighton and park on a Saturday afternoon. Great fun. Or drive to Woodingdean and walk - great, which way would you like me to go from east Hampshire?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don't blame the club for the parking per se. I do think communication could have been much better and more timely. I do also wonder if with knowledge of the break clause more could have been done to warn everyone in advance. The whole situation is unfortunate in the understandable reluctance to use public transport at the moment. Of course the club can't be blamed for that.

But what would people have done with advanced knowledge ? All the available parking alternatives are in the public domain. They were available 6 months ago, 5 years ago and they are still available now. It’s not as if advanced warning would have created any new options.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Most fans?

I live 40 miles to the west so I’m not driving to Lewes. And sure - drive into the centre of Brighton and park on a Saturday afternoon. Great fun. Or drive to Woodingdean and walk - great, which way would you like me to go from east Hampshire?

In your shoes I would drive to Lewes. It’s only 5 minutes further from the ground. Total extra journey time if you get the train is maybe 30 to 45 minutes. It hardly makes it impossible. We have done exactly that since the Amex opened. We don’t want to use the trains now because of Covid so we managed to get parking for Watford but will do Woodingdean and walk for the others. It is what it is. Your options are the same as ours.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
If my memory serves me a condition of planning for use as a carpark was that Bennet Field was returned to agricultural use

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
In your shoes I would drive to Lewes. It’s only 5 minutes further from the ground. Total extra journey time if you get the train is maybe 30 to 45 minutes. It hardly makes it impossible. We have done exactly that since the Amex opened. We don’t want to use the trains now because of Covid so we managed to get parking for Watford but will do Woodingdean and walk for the others. It is what it is. Your options are the same as ours.

Thanks.

I totally disagree with your view on the club concerning this but I do appreciate the tip. [emoji106]

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes - I can criticise.

My empathy with even own football club can only go so far…..

Well I'm going to guess you're in the minority as this club do far more than any other I know to facilitate getting fans to the ground within the constraints of the planning permission.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Well I'm going to guess you're in the minority as this club do far more than any other I know to facilitate getting fans to the ground within the constraints of the planning permission.

As above.

We’ll have to agree to disagree.

And yes - you’re guessing.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Where do we park if we just want to go to clubshop on a non match day

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You’re basically saying you can’t (or aren’t willing to) add maybe 30 mins each way to your journey. The drive could easily vary by 30 mins, people going by train can easily end up getting home 30 mins later than they planned - even a minor issue with the trains can do this.

You can park a couple of miles away and walk
You can drive to one of the P&Rs and get a (free) bus in
You can drive to a station and park, and get a (free) train in

You can ‘easily adapt’ if you want.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here