Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parish on BBS

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The funniest thing is that most of them seem to think it's "cool" for a chairman to behave like that.

Cool if you are Tinpot I guess, embarrassing for any well run club.

Would have preferred Steve to have kept his mouth shut, but LLCOOLSTEVE was a reliable source of information when Dougie was at the club, as they were family friends. Once Dougie left, Steve decided to knowingly spread false information through the BBS, where he was trusted. Steve has been spreading bollocks about Palace selling players, about Freedman being forced out, etc. He has refused (several times) invitations to talk to CPFC2010 in private, preferring situations like the one you have linked so that the could spread his rubbish. He then got HIS MOTHER to write to CPFC2010 telling them to stop contradicting her son on the BBS.

It's a shitty situation but Steve felt the need to defend himself and his staff. I get the impression his latest lie was the straw that broke the camels back, and 2010 snapped.

Either way, LLCOOLSTEVE is a dickhead and has done a very good job of making SP look like a bully (which was probably his plan all along)

He is a bully, he is threatening someone with legal action over the internet when it's obvious he has much more money, "save your pocket money" and to bring his mother into it to score points with the BBS lickers is quite frankly something I wouldn't expect from a successful businessman or the CHAIRMAN of a professional football club.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Can we please send this to other clubs' forums so the whole footballing world can see how tinpot they are.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Would have preferred Steve to have kept his mouth shut, but LLCOOLSTEVE was a reliable source of information when Dougie was at the club, as they were family friends. Once Dougie left, Steve decided to knowingly spread false information through the BBS, where he was trusted. Steve has been spreading bollocks about Palace selling players, about Freedman being forced out, etc. He has refused (several times) invitations to talk to CPFC2010 in private, preferring situations like the one you have linked so that the could spread his rubbish. He then got HIS MOTHER to write to CPFC2010 telling them to stop contradicting her son on the BBS.

It's a shitty situation but Steve felt the need to defend himself and his staff. I get the impression his latest lie was the straw that broke the camels back, and 2010 snapped.

Either way, LLCOOLSTEVE is a dickhead and has done a very good job of making SP look like a bully (which was probably his plan all along)

LLCOOLSTEVE is a legend.. Wlecome over here anytime :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Does anyone else think people take the internet, and message boards in particular, WAY too seriously?

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Look on post 5196 it looks at why the tweet is allegedly "fake". He argues the amount of followers but in those two hours, he did gain a lot of followers hoping to see if he does become a premier league player...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

So why not do the sensible thing months ago and just ban him and his ip address is it really that hard, instead the mods can take the blame for turning BBS into CBBC

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
"Call me a liar on here once more , insinuate you know something that I know you don't or just isn't true and you better start saving your pocket money for a lawyer."

From their CHAIRMAN!

What he's really saying is this:

175.JPG

I'd have had more respect for him if he just called the bloke a c*nt.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Joke club.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Just read it through, how embarrasing to have someone that is in charge of running parts of the club berating fans on their message board. Embarrasing.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Does anyone else think people take the internet, and message boards in particular, WAY too seriously?

It's amazing isn't it. There was a little sermon from a presumably retired school headmaster in the middle of it all advising all parties to calm down, talk through the problems and accept they're both wrong but happily, they're both right at the same time. For me, that was the finest part of the entire charade!

It was pretty amazing reading through it, I have nothing against a chairman wanting to be open, honest and accessible. But bloody hell, keep it in moderation! The whole thing was just cringeworthy from start to finish, but mainly because of all the Palace fans jumping on the "OWNED!!!" bandwagon straight away. To be fair, there were plenty of people afterward saying how stupid it was to get dragged into that sort of exchange.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
LLCOOLSTEVE has been a complete cock since Freedman left. He has been constantly sniping and having veiled digs at the Palace owners since then, particularly Steve Parish. Parish has obviously had enough and vented his fury on the BBS. Despite several requests from the owners for LLCOOLSTEVE to contact them and iron out any issues he had in private, LL refused but kept peddling lies and half-truths about Parish and the circumstances in which Freedman left.
I admit that it doesn't make for pleasant reading (from our point of view) but I am certainly not embarrassed over it. It shows the guy cares and want's to set the record straight and not have Palace fans in any doubt as to what LL is suggesting.
I would still rather have owners that are willing to engage with supporters rather than faceless people that sit in their boardrooms seemingly accountable to no-one.

LLCOOLSTEVE has been a complete cock since Freedman left. He has been constantly sniping and having veiled digs at the Palace owners since then, particularly Steve Parish. Parish has obviously had enough and vented his fury on the BBS. Despite several requests from the owners for LLCOOLSTEVE to contact them and iron out any issues he had in private, LL refused but kept peddling lies and half-truths about Parish and the circumstances in which Freedman left.
I admit that it doesn't make for pleasant reading (from our point of view) but I am certainly not embarrassed over it. It shows the guy cares and want's to set the record straight and not have Palace fans in any doubt as to what LL is suggesting.
I would still rather have owners that are willing to engage with supporters rather than faceless people that sit in their boardrooms seemingly accountable to no-one.

Via a lawyer?

No class at all that man, are the other 3 as bad?

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

Of course your not embarrassed, normal procedure for tin pots. So imagine if this was on here and it was Bloom you lot would have a field day. Be honest this makes you looks like the no good tin pot pile of sh*t you really are.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

But realistically, why should they care? It's an internet forum for Christ's sake! 90% of stuff posted on forums is utter BS. Plus its seems like most on BSS know LLCOOLSTEVE has shot his credibility to pieces anyway well before Parish got involved.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Anyone had any joy with the national press yet? Think this needs hilighting....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here