Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Parish on BBS

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
LLCOOLSTEVE has been a complete cock since Freedman left. He has been constantly sniping and having veiled digs at the Palace owners since then, particularly Steve Parish. Parish has obviously had enough and vented his fury on the BBS. Despite several requests from the owners for LLCOOLSTEVE to contact them and iron out any issues he had in private, LL refused but kept peddling lies and half-truths about Parish and the circumstances in which Freedman left.
I admit that it doesn't make for pleasant reading (from our point of view) but I am certainly not embarrassed over it. It shows the guy cares and want's to set the record straight and not have Palace fans in any doubt as to what LL is suggesting.
I would still rather have owners that are willing to engage with supporters rather than faceless people that sit in their boardrooms seemingly accountable to no-one.
No, it shows he is a dictator at a tin pot outfit.

There are plenty of ways of showing that he cares, aside from boorish, playing-to-the-crowd willy waving. The bloke is an absolute c*ntpipe, and I'm glad he's your chairman.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004

There are plenty of ways of showing that he cares, aside from boorish, playing-to-the-crowd willy waving. The bloke is an absolute c*ntpipe, and I'm glad he's your chairman.

We agree on something!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Agree- he acts very much like what Greg Stanley did when he was in charge of the Albion.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
LLCOOLSTEVE has been a complete cock since Freedman left. He has been constantly sniping and having veiled digs at the Palace owners since then, particularly Steve Parish. Parish has obviously had enough and vented his fury on the BBS. Despite several requests from the owners for LLCOOLSTEVE to contact them and iron out any issues he had in private, LL refused but kept peddling lies and half-truths about Parish and the circumstances in which Freedman left.
I admit that it doesn't make for pleasant reading (from our point of view) but I am certainly not embarrassed over it. It shows the guy cares and want's to set the record straight and not have Palace fans in any doubt as to what LL is suggesting.
I would still rather have owners that are willing to engage with supporters rather than faceless people that sit in their boardrooms seemingly accountable to no-one.

Yes you are repeating what another palace person said earlier and as I said in reply - So why not do the sensible thing months ago and just ban him and his ip address is it really that hard, instead the mods can take the blame for turning BBS into CBBC

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
But realistically, why should they care? It's an internet forum for Christ's sake! 90% of stuff posted on forums is utter BS. Plus its seems like most on BSS know LLCOOLSTEVE has shot his credibility to pieces anyway well before Parish got involved.

If it was a one-off post then I'm sure it wouldn't have bothered them but it wasn't. It was a campaign of sly digs over a prolonged period since Freedman left. I'm sure you would get fed up if someone kept digging at you over a two month period on here.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If it was a one-off post then I'm sure it wouldn't have bothered them but it wasn't. It was a campaign of sly digs over a prolonged period since Freedman left. I'm sure you would get fed up if someone kept digging at you over a two month period on here.

Two months :lolol: what are the mods doing over on BBS

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The joke is the denial that this is a poor show from their chairman. Its awful, cringe worthy, unprofessional behaviour. Staggering really. If his aim is to make you a laughing stock, he's going about it in the right way.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Yes you are repeating what another palace person said earlier and as I said in reply - So why not do the sensible thing months ago and just ban him and his ip address is it really that hard, instead the mods can take the blame for turning BBS into CBBC

Maybe, yes. But that is a slippery slope to get on. Ban people for outright abuse/racism etc but I'm not so sure about bannings for anything else.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Yeah we, the average Albion supporting NSC poster, would get a bit peeved and respond in kind. Difference is though is that this chap is in charge of your club and should act in a manner befitting that station.

Of course it could be argued that he is doing just that, he is Palace after all.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just wasted ten minutes of my life skim reading this.

Truly incredible.

Totally unprofessional, ridiculously embrassing for him.

But sounds exactly like the kind of guy I'm told he is. Spent his life getting his own way and is more than a little out of his league in a world where his "big money" is not really big enough. No class at all.

It's just a big no no to go on a fans forum in the first place, but to open yourself up to this is incredibly naive.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012

But somebody in the position Parish is should rise above it and understand that is part of the job. How you or any other Palace fans can defend him coming onto a public message board and threating people is beyond me. Its embarrasing and an abuse of his position.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

To be honest, I'd expect the mods to ban the chap but as that didn't happen I guess I can understand his frustration.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
lol

Stop pretending you know CPFC2010

Your "conversations in the pub" have been rubbished countless times. Give up.

I don't know CPFC2010, I know his friend who went to school with him, although funnily enough I did bump into both of them once at Lords. But that's by the by.

He is a cock, end of. You only have to look at him to know that :)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It's just a big no no to go on a fans forum in the first place,.

Exactly. I'm currently reading The Secret Footballer and he (whoever he is) basically says that you have to completely detach from what the fans write/say as the morons will always be loudest.

Just don't expose yourself to it. Madness.

Imagine if Tony Bloom set up an account and actually thought Withdean Wanderer or Mr Burns were the average fan!?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
But somebody in the position Parish is should rise above it and understand that is part of the job. How you or any other Palace fans can defend him coming onto a public message board and threating people is beyond me. Its embarrasing and an abuse of his position.

Especially when he leaves a trail of posts like this (all summarised of course)

Post 1 - "Stop telling lies about me"
Post 2 - "Fine. You know I can get lawyers involved?"
Post 3 - "We've had a chat an it's sorted"

I wonder what the chat involved.....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Maybe, yes. But that is a slippery slope to get on. Ban people for outright abuse/racism etc but I'm not so sure about bannings for anything else.

No not really, I mean you have an away section over there to show how precious the home fans are so if a home fan is going over the top what is wrong with a 7 day, then 14 day then month then permanent ban - seems to work on here ok

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here