Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
[/B]

You do realize Palace were only one of a few clubs that recorded a profit at the last accounts..£23 million if I remember rightly. Why do you think they cant pay their bills ?

Funny how one year you make a profit, all the others you were making a loss and putting other businesses under..... Wouldn't it be nice if you paid for some St Johns medical kit or push the boat out and buy an ambulance.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Funny how one year you make a profit, all the others you were making a loss and putting other businesses under..... Wouldn't it be nice if you paid for some St Johns medical kit or push the boat out and buy an ambulance.
As mentioned numerous times that's been taken care of by the fans , do keep up .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You have conveniently ignored the fact that the four current owners did not put their money in until the debt had been cleared. They could have invested in the club and helped pay its debts. They did not. They allowed the business to jettison the debt and then bought in.

The debt , if I recall correctly , was owed to agillo a hedge fund who called in the administrators for a outstanding debt of £4 m . . Tbh I'm glad they got a penny in the pound **** em , they cut their nose of to spite their face there as Jordan would have got them their money somehow .
We are a different club now with sensible owners and with the 2 new guys coming on board it looks promising . The 6 of them will put in equal ammounts for redeveloping the ground which is sensible IMO with the Americans using their own money and not that of their company's . With Steve holding the reigns I feel this is the right route for us to go and feel safe in the knowledge we have 6 owners rather than one .

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
The debt , if I recall correctly , was owed to agillo a hedge fund who called in the administrators for a outstanding debt of £4 m . . Tbh I'm glad they got a penny in the pound **** em , they cut their nose of to spite their face there as Jordan would have got them their money somehow .
We are a different club now with sensible owners and with the 2 new guys coming on board it looks promising . The 6 of them will put in equal ammounts for redeveloping the ground which is sensible IMO with the Americans using their own money and not that of their company's . With Steve holding the reigns I feel this is the right route for us to go and feel safe in the knowledge we have 6 owners rather than one .

Don't care who it was owed to.
Don't care what you think they deserved.
Don't care what you think of the owners.
Don't care what you think of the Yanks.

My point was that your lifelong fan owners waited until the debtors and the tax payer took the hit for Palace's financial mismanagement. Then they bought a club free from debt. Nothing you have said has anything to do with this.

It wasn't even the first time that the organisation has used this shoddy get out clause. It seems fairly clear that, had the club sold assets it could have paid the debt, but it didn't do this because the inevitable consequence would have been relegation. I can never get away from paraphrasing Clough: 'Take every achievement since then and everything you do in the future and chuck them in the bin because you won them by cheating.'

You really are an odious gimp aren't you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont pick on Palace as they have just gone crying to the USA to help bale them out again, better than going into administration yet once again. Poor soles they deserve to get turned over by asset strippers. No matter how hard they try they will never be an honorable club to be proud of. Never have never will

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dont pick on Palace as they have just gone crying to the USA to help bale them out again, better than going into administration yet once again. Poor soles they deserve to get turned over by asset strippers. No matter how hard they try they will never be an honorable club to be proud of. Never have never will

Splendid stuff BG.

It's always comforting to know we're not obsessed with that lot on here.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

It does look like Palace MKIII will last a bit longer than the usual 10 years.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Nice bit of history re writing there Dougie, as in fact the club were in debt for over £30 million and facing being wound up by the HMRC. Players had not been paid for over two months and it appears Agillo put Palace into administration to avoid the HRMC liquidating the club.

http://news.sky.com/story/754196/crystal-palace-go-into-administration

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Let's get real here. We aren't going to compete with Man. City, ManU and Arsenal and the like. We might occasionally have the joy of beating one of them.
"Making up the numbers like West Brom, Stoke, Sunderland ,West Ham" would be brilliant for us - think of where we have come from. And remember that the Big Boys, whatever we do, will always go on getting bigger. They have grounds with near enough twice the capacity of our's too.
Nothing wrong with being a yoyo club - plenty of excitement, and if handled properly, coming back stronger (and richer!) each time. And maybe, for the icing on the cake, a really good season occasionally - like Southampton, Swans and Stole have had - which sees them up in the heady heights of mixing it with the Big Boys once in a while, and getting a season in Europe. We're never going to be ManU or arsenal - and I for one am quite happy with that.

This.

Not forgetting that the only "top" clubs that are self financing are Manchester United *spits* and Arsenal. Chelsea and Man City can only compete with them because they are the playthings of two of the richest people in the World and have had many hundreds of millions pumped into them. There is no way that any other club will compete with them financially unless a similar multi billionaire decides to spunk a HUGE chunk of cash on it, and even then FFP (in whatever diluted form) would make this more difficult than it was for Abramovich or Mansour to do.

So "every Premier League club" cannot have a motto of "invest to beat the best" because it's impossible. Nobody's going to do a Blackburn again.

I agree that the important thing is to get promotion and then be sensible about how much you spend trying to stay up. Relegation is not the disaster it used to be and with the huge parachute payments now in place you can already see what a massive financial advantage the relegated teams have in the Championship. Yo-yo ing used to be seen as a sign of a weak or badly run club but now it can actually be a route to long term financial security.

As for Palace, I don't really care that much. Whatever happens they will still be a classless turd of a club as proven by the gimps posting inaccurate, misguided lies and drivel on this thread

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
It will happen mores the pity.
We need massive investment like that too if we are to ever compete with the likes of Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd and other teams of that ilk !
If we make the promised land of the Premier League which one day soon we will,
would you all, always be happy with Albion being a bottom 6 team every season, or and relegated 3/4 times along the line and back up and down up and down for years
and never accomplishing anything but a bottom 6 finish ?
I for one wouldnt be very happy at all.
To beat the best you have to invest !!
thats the motto every Premier League club should live by nowadays.
I don't want Brighton there just to make up the numbers like West Brom, Stoke, Sunderland ,West Ham etc etc

Perhaps I lack the necessary ambition, but I'd be reasonably happy with all the scenarios you present.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Perhaps I lack the necessary ambition, but I'd be reasonably happy with all the scenarios you present.

This.

Such scenarios make us truly competitive in the two domestic cup competitions and are therefore a passport to European football. We'll never finish in the top 4 so I'd never demand that. To finish in the top 4, you need to be the sort of club to attract complete and utter armchairs, and we'd lose the soul of the club if that ever happened. Nope, give us the chance to do what Middlesbrough and Fulham have both done in recent memory and I'll be happy.

Nearly went under twice and still a far bigger club than BHA:p Always have been & always will be
As proven in the play offs:amex: where dreams come true.

Read it and weep losers

UEFA’s latest report into football finance has revealed that Crystal Palace are one of the leading European clubs in terms to operating profits.

Over the past few seasons the Eagles have developed into an impressive Premier League club capable of fighting for a spot in Europe, but off the field results have been similarly impressive.

The south London club have recorded an operating profit margin of 43 per cent and gained over 100 places on their 2013 UEFA ranking.

MORE: Palace remain the only Prem side to hold this unusual stat

The top 20 includes 12 English clubs, largely due to the lucrative TV deals on offer in the top flight.

Here is Europe’s top 12 clubs ranked by operating profits:

12. Borussia Dortmund - €43m

11. Crystal Palace - €46m

10. Monaco - €50m

9. Chelsea - €52m

8. Liverpool - €60m

7. Arsenal - €60m

6. Manchester City - €70m

5. Barcelona - €79m

4. Bayern Munich - €83m

3. Real Madrid - €98m

2. Paris Saint-Germain - €114m

1. Manchester United - €140m

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The top 20 includes 12 English clubs, largely due to the lucrative TV deals on offer in the top flight.

10. Monaco - €50m

9. Chelsea - €52m

8. Liverpool - €60m

7. Arsenal - €60m

5. Barcelona - €79m

4. Bayern Munich - €83m

3. Real Madrid - €98m

So why whore yourselves for outside investment from a dubious source?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Nearly went under twice and still a far bigger club than BHA:p Always have been & always will be
As proven in the play offs:amex: where dreams come true.

Read it and weep losers

UEFA’s latest report into football finance has revealed that Crystal Palace are one of the leading European clubs in terms to operating profits.

Over the past few seasons the Eagles have developed into an impressive Premier League club capable of fighting for a spot in Europe, but off the field results have been similarly impressive.

The south London club have recorded an operating profit margin of 43 per cent and gained over 100 places on their 2013 UEFA ranking.

10. Monaco - €50m

9. Chelsea - €52m

8. Liverpool - €60m

7. Arsenal - €60m

5. Barcelona - €79m

4. Bayern Munich - €83m

3. Real Madrid - €98m

The key point of that article is 'largely due to the lucrative TV deals on offer in the top flight'. not because you're a bigger club or better run. But hey, its finances, I know thats not exactly a strong point up there.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
My thought exactly ... you have owners who are Palace fans, everything in the garden is rosy, why rock the boat.....strikes me as asking for trouble.

If our 4 owners are happy with the deal so am I . Anyway it isn't confirmed yet so we will see .

Wilton

Banned
Oct 15, 2015
If our 4 owners are happy with the deal so am I . Anyway it isn't confirmed yet so we will see .

And so am l, work colleague Brighton fan today said palace will be asset stripped by the Americans, I reminded him the the palace4 will also out vote the Americans. It's funny listening to them realise that we are getting further away from them, and they hate it.l remember Southgate say when the holmesdale stand was built, that it's not worth having the best stand at the expense of the team,if your not in the premier league. Correct so that's why they hopefully are bringing in the yanks, exciting times ahead me thinks.:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here