Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace win again

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Whoever tried to bet me £50 on NSC that Palace would go down must be very relieved I'm not a betting man and declined!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
3 wins in 4 against rubbish teams with new manager effect isn't hugely surprising really, to be fair to them they've won some important games recently but the true test will be when they play the big teams/lose a few games how they react to that. Not that I care.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
3 wins in 4 against rubbish teams with new manager effect isn't hugely surprising really, to be fair to them they've won some important games recently but the true test will be when they play the big teams/lose a few games how they react to that. Not that I care.

As someone as said, we just need to get points off the teams in our little league, don't worry about the big boys.
After totally outplaying Cardiff, I'm a tad more optimistic of our chances, but still know that a kick in the wotsits is just around the corner.

Feb 14, 2010
:clap2:

Shall I order you an extra bunch of sour grapes WCP? You're argument is not only irrelevant given your crowd surge in recent years but also incredibly repetitive.

What did you expect after losing the Goldstone and playing lower league football at Gillingham and an athletics track with no roof? And for your info, even Withdean was sold out in most of the first 4 seasons there. You lot wouldnt have had a hope if you had to play tier 4 football, 140 mile round trip from Croydon. Palace only turn up if you get in the Premier League, otherwise you club has to give away tickets and you get 10,000 at home for games against Bristol City in the Championship. Compare like with like and your support is dire. Where were you lot last season? Plastic Palace with happy clappy fans, goal music, Ultra's and a drum.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
What did you expect after losing the Goldstone and playing lower league football at Gillingham and an athletics track with no roof? And for your info, even Withdean was sold out in most of the first 4 seasons there. You lot wouldnt have had a hope if you had to play tier 4 football, 140 mile round trip from Croydon. Palace only turn up if you get in the Premier League, otherwise you club has to give away tickets and you get 10,000 at home for games against Bristol City in the Championship. Compare like with like and your support is dire. Where were you lot last season? Plastic Palace with happy clappy fans, goal music, Ultra's and a drum.

image.jpg

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Still a non attender ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it 'Big Belly' is enjoying palace's reversal of fortunes.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

You must care abit . As se20 stated we need to get points off teams around us anything from the top half is a bonus . Still a long way to go but im more optimistic now ,lets wait and see eh .

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
OK so due to the fact that I had to sit through the boring last games on Match of the Day last night I saw the Palace win. A decent result so no gripes there.

Was I correct in hearing their goal routine correctly?

1. Goal is scored.

2. Seven Nation Army plays and they all sing along.

3. The tannoy man with the nerdy trainspotter voice shouts 'Goalscorer for Palace, Cameron Jerome!'

4. He then shouts 'Cameron!' and they all shout Jerome.

5. Then they play Glad all Over for them all to sing along to again.

Blimey.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
OK so due to the fact that I had to sit through the boring last games on Match of the Day last night I saw the Palace win. A decent result so no gripes there.

1. Goal is scored.

3. The tannoy man with the nerdy trainspotter voice shouts 'Goalscorer for Palace, Cameron Jerome!'

Blimey.
That's correct .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1. Goal is scored.

Blimey.

That's correct .
Blimey when do you find time to jump around, punch the air, celebrate with friend/neighbour and cheer?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
If we've won don't care about Palace
If we lose it cheers me up a bit if Palace have lost as well

Got points against championship sides Hull & Cardiff ( and relegation bound yo yo club West Ham ) next 4 games are VILLA NEWCASTLE CHELSEA MAN CITY good luck

Do you cringe or jump up and down and shout the goal scorers name...?

Old farts like me cringe...but the kids seem to like it!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Do you cringe or jump up and down and shout the goal scorers name...?

I'll run you through it ( as its fresh in my mind ) . I jump about , slap mates on the back and hug em , shout out the surname of the goalscorer and then give a rousing chant of " Glad all over "with a few " get the fu ck in there " shouts randomly thrown in . Also I'm a "old fart " .

Last edited:

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I'll run you through it ( as its fresh in my mind ) . I jump about , slap mates on the back and hug em , shout out the surname of the goalscorer and then give a rousing chant of " Glad all over "with a few " get the fu ck in there " shouts randomly thrown in . Also I'm a "old fart " .

I get the picture, I do very much the same but without the need for some aweful american style goal celebration.. shocking music and a clown on a tannoy.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

They are the games they need to win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here