Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace win again

raba

Jun 9, 2013
I'm not sure the point that El P is making as 1. This is not about the support I give, it is the support that Palace fans give as against Brighton. Although I am an anomily as I watched Brighton more when the club was in serial decline after the 1st division and all the way through to the Archer then Gillingham, then Withdean years. That to do with other factors. The fact is that Brighton take 4000 to Chesterfield in the 4th tier and get 27000 in the Championship. Palace rely on groupon deals to get 15000 in the Championship and on an evening their crowds have been as low as 10,000 to 12,000. Now all of a sudden they reach the Premier League they think they have a great support because they be all American and bang a drum. 2. As for the cup game effecting away turn out for one game, then that is an absurd a point as you could make. FYI a Leeds mate told me that Palace took about 50 for a game up there in similar circumstances. Brighton regularly took away turn outs to 3000 to 4000 to trips like Chesterfield when in the 4th tier, now that is support. Not being the ultimate "Flexile friend" when in the top flight. Its Palace fans that claim to be "wonderful fans". I'm just pointing out that such a re write of history is patently ahbsurd. They are plastic fans who turn up in the Premier League but who go missing when in the Championship, never mind the 4th tier.

Another essay.

I suppose the saying 'less is more' is wasted on you.

I will say though that I will happily bounce this if it ever comes out that Brighton have a Groupon offer. I hope you will be furious and vocally vent it on this board. I'm sure the more astute fans on this board believe it's a good thing to make football more affordable and get more people through the gates when times are tough.

Carry on beating us with the stick though Super Fan, Groupon may make a match affordable for you.

Working Class Pride? I think not, I think you're.snobbish and a traitor to your supposed roots.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I think this statement is so true and I would advise WCP to stay away from the BBS where they are the masters of this. I disagree he is in a league of his own about making things up. In fact I think WCP would be bottom of the league if you compared him to some on there for doing just what you say he is doing. WCP is an amateur when compared with the likes of EagleJez, Old Git, Frazer H, Vince Hilaire's Afro and Penstone Eagle. I suggest you do the same as me on NSC as I do when I read these guys posts on the BBS, think what a load of childish morons and ignore anything they say, or I could find myself getting wound up as you are about WCP posts.

I am not wound up by him, its just someone posting on the internet so does not really bother me. I do find it incredible that he tells us how we feel(Palace fans) about things and then when we say well not really he says but the proper fans do. He then goes onto say about our attendances and BHA's, while openly admitting not going to games :shrug:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I will say though that I will happily bounce this if it ever comes out that Brighton have a Groupon offer. I hope you will be furious and vocally vent it on this board.

To be fair to WCP I think he will be opposed to this, so opposed in fact that he will not attend any games :rolleyes:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm not sure the point that El P is making as 1. This is not about the support I give, it is the support that Palace fans give as against Brighton. Although I am an anomily as I watched Brighton more when the club was in serial decline after the 1st division and all the way through to the Archer then Gillingham, then Withdean years. That to do with other factors. The fact is that Brighton take 4000 to Chesterfield in the 4th tier and get 27000 in the Championship. Palace rely on groupon deals to get 15000 in the Championship and on an evening their crowds have been as low as 10,000 to 12,000. Now all of a sudden they reach the Premier League they think they have a great support because they be all American and bang a drum. 2. As for the cup game effecting away turn out for one game, then that is an absurd a point as you could make. FYI a Leeds mate told me that Palace took about 50 for a game up there in similar circumstances. Brighton regularly took away turn outs to 3000 to 4000 to trips like Chesterfield when in the 4th tier, now that is support. Not being the ultimate "Flexile friend" when in the top flight. Its Palace fans that claim to be "wonderful fans". I'm just pointing out that such a re write of history is patently absurd. They are plastic fans who turn up in the Premier League but who go missing when in the Championship, never mind the 4th tier.

Hold on WCP, you take one fixture of Palace's (Bristol City, and there you make up some numbers to justify your point), but you ignore me when I identify a similar situation with our support. You talk about us regularly taking 3-4,000 in the bottom tier, that's bollocks. We took big numbers to the big games that season, but support at many matches in the non title winning seasons was okay, decent for the division, but not spectacular. As for pre Amex, crowds fell below 5,000 at Withdean in the league, not that I blame people given the facilities, but it wasn't the rosy picture that you are painting.

As for Americanisation, the Amex can be pretty shameful too, Fan Zone every match, Spanish Day, Fright Night and the total abomination that was Clappergate for our biggest match in ages. By all means take the piss out of Palace for loads of things, but you are so far off the mark in your analysis you make us all look a bunch of Desperate Daves, failing to pull on a night out, and ending up going home with a 2am munter.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am not wound up by him, its just someone posting on the internet so does not really bother me. I do find it incredible that he tells us how we feel(Palace fans) about things and then when we say well not really he says but the proper fans do. He then goes onto say about our attendances and BHA's, while openly admitting not going to games :shrug:

But Palace fans are also constantly telling us how we feel ( and getting it spectacularly wrong on the whole ), so he's hardly alone in that trait.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Hold on WCP, you take one fixture of Palace's (Bristol City, and there you make up some numbers to justify your point). You talk about us regularly taking 3-4,000 in the bottom tier, that's bollocks. We took big numbers to the big games that season, but support at many matches in the non title winning seasons was okay, decent for the division, but not spectacular. As for pre Amex, crowds fell below 5,000 at Withdean in the league, not that I blame people given the facilities, but it wasn't the rosy picture that are painting As for Americanisation, the Amex can be pretty shameful too, Fan Zone every match, Spanish Day, Fright Night and the total abomination that was Clappergate for our biggest match in ages. By all means take the piss out of Palace for loads of things, but you are so far off the mark in your analysis you make us all look a bunch of Desperate Daves, failing to pull on a night out, and ending up going home with a 2am munter.
At long last some sense and hopefully some closure because I'm getting giddy going round in circles .

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Hold on WCP, you take one fixture of Palace's (Bristol City, and there you make up some numbers to justify your point), but you ignore me when I identify a similar situation with our support. You talk about us regularly taking 3-4,000 in the bottom tier, that's bollocks. We took big numbers to the big games that season, but support at many matches in the non title winning seasons was okay, decent for the division, but not spectacular. As for pre Amex, crowds fell below 5,000 at Withdean in the league, not that I blame people given the facilities, but it wasn't the rosy picture that you are painting.

As for Americanisation, the Amex can be pretty shameful too, Fan Zone every match, Spanish Day, Fright Night and the total abomination that was Clappergate for our biggest match in ages. By all means take the piss out of Palace for loads of things, but you are so far off the mark in your analysis you make us all look a bunch of Desperate Daves, failing to pull on a night out, and ending up going home with a 2am munter.

He laughs at us for our "Americanisation's" yet I wonder what he'd make of Bayern Munich's support? They have a drum and goal music.

Everyone has them in some respect, you mentioned some above for BHAFC so I don't get WCP, at all.

I'd like to know his thoughts on our away support if our home support is so miserly, given that we had bigger attendances than you last season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Oh just had some flash backs.

I think one of my worse ever nights was when I went out with my flatmates, and there was a girl at a club who was an absolute STUNNER. We all had a try, she knocked back two of us (me being one of them) as we had the chat up routine of a housebrick, and of course ended up with my mate who was good looking AND confident. I ended up driving the four of us back to our shared house.

The good looking one then marched her upstairs, gave her a serious seeing to, and the other two of us spent a couple of hours playing TOP TRUMPS. To make matters worse, she was a screamer in the sack, so we had to endure her wailing whilst trying to determine whether a Chinook's weight lifting capacity or range should be used against a Cessna 154.

NOT that I am still bitter nearly thirty years later of course.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think one of my worse ever nights was when I went out with my flatmates, and there was a girl at a club who was an absolute STUNNER. We all had a try, she knocked back two of us (me being one of them) as we had the chat up routine of a housebrick, and of course ended up with my mate who was good looking AND confident. I ended up driving the four of us back to our shared house.

The good looking one then marched her upstairs, gave her a serious seeing to, and the other two of us spent a couple of hours playing TOP TRUMPS. To make matters worse, she was a screamer in the sack, so we had to endure her wailing whilst trying to determine whether a Chinook's weight lifting capacity or range should be used against a Cessna 154.

NOT that I am still bitter nearly thirty years later of course.

Well done El Pres. With all the Palace lot on my ignore list, yours is one of the only postings that shows up - and very interesting it is.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well done El Pres. With all the Palace lot on my ignore list, yours is one of the only postings that shows up - and very interesting it is.

Thanks Unc, she was a thing of beauty, unfortunately had a scouse accent and the intelligence of a Muppet with the stuffing removed. Great rack though.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Thanks Unc, she was a thing of beauty, unfortunately had a scouse accent and the intelligence of a Muppet with the stuffing removed. Great rack though.

For one night of horizontal press ups the great rack is all that matters. That sort of girl is there to be used and abused.

Feb 14, 2010

Again El P you miss the point. Brighton's fanzone is imposed on fans by some idiot working for the club, as was the clacker nonsense. In the same way, poor old palace fans have some idiot at their club imposing goal music, although I think its right to say that strangely palace fans dont seem too bothered by it. The kids shouting whooa whooa and banging a drum are however their fans, not the club. Either way, the central point remains the same, Brighton did take 4000 odd to away trips to places like Chesterfield in the 4th tier and Brighton do get 27000 in the Championship. Now that is solid support. Palace however did get last season and the season before around 16000 with groupon deals for a Saturday game and their crowds did dip to 10,000 to 12000 for an evening game. Now all off a sudden they strangely think they have a world beating support. the fooking dont, they are plastic to the core as last season showed. Selling out in the Premier League and banging a drum does not mean a jot.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This thread is getting annoying , every time I see it lurking near the top of page one on NSC I think it is April 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here