Palace sign Spain U20's Captain

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
Don't be ridiculous, that doesn't follow. As I said, I have no intention of predicting a specific point total - it's an irrelevant detail but that certainly doesn't void the view that you really will have an abysmal season, with little cheer.

Compare yourself to the other teams in your league, and then you can see why you have such poor prospects for the next 10 months.

I really do hope you spend your huge wedge, and as a result waste it all on a relegation season. Holloway has a poor record in the Premier League, you are set up for ( being charitable ) a bottom 2 finish.

As for the albion, well this thread isn't about them, and they are not facing Premier League opposition next year week in, week out. If we were, I'd be casting a very critical eye over our squad, but the time for that is a year or 2 away.

If you don't like hearing this sort of view, if your delusion denies it, perhaps you are better off not seeking it out on a Brighton Board ???

Seriously, absolutely seriously, you have no chance next year :lolol:

I stand by my point, if you say we are abysmal and have no chance then that indicates you feel we will get below 15-18 points but you are to scared to back yourself as deep down you know it's all bravado and wishful thinking in what you are saying.

You say we should compare ourselves to other teams in the league? In recent times, Norwich, Swansea, West Brom and Southampton has all come up and stayed up with relative ease, so why can't we?

You slag off Holloway as a Premiership manager yet he obtained 39 points in his one season in the Prem with Blackpool :lolol: This is one of the highest ever totals to go down with and would have been easily enough to stay up most years. I think you've lost it :moo:

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
Does it take him a week to sign his name in joined up writing, I understand the delay now, carry on.
Actually someone from the Hammers.

Negotiations on new deals and new signings have always taken a long time under CPFC 2010, it's the way they work, they want to make sure it suits the club perfectly. It's prudent business strategy IMO.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Negotiations on new deals and new signings have always taken a long time under CPFC 2010, it's the way they work, they want to make sure it suits the club perfectly. It's prudent business strategy IMO.

So which bellend are you on BBS, my guess would be Kirby or seaside? You seem to be as deluded as those two.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
You say we should compare ourselves to other teams in the league? In recent times, Norwich, Swansea, West Brom and Southampton has all come up and stayed up with relative ease, so why can't we?

All four of those teams had a better off-field infrastructure and played a less agricultural style of football when they were promoted than Crystal Palace, so where is there a comparison?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Yes I can see that. Lets get the pensioner Phillips and the donkey Dobbie, the 12 year old midget signed up and worry about our captain later. Yes I see your point.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Don't forget that they are signing Carlton Cole as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

He is apparently only going to sign a 1 year deal as he still wants to play in the Premier League during the 2014/2015 campaign. Will the £2M in wages alone over the course of the season really be worth it ?

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
Just as Chelsea somehow beat Barcelona & Bayern Munich - there's no doubt who the better teams are, but equally you cannot begrudge Chelsea a Champion's League win.

It's just that I'm happy to watch my team play football the beautiful way this season, with pride over the various superlatives that pundits use to describe the way we play. On the other hand, your lot will enjoy watching the way other teams play their football this season. But its okay, occasionally you will pull a 'proper job' on a team, and you can go away pleased - right?

I know it hurts but why make up BS? Your style under Gus was dull and I would hate to spend money to watch it week in week out. You pass it at the back for ages, move it into midfield, then back to the back 4 some more...zzzzzz. We don't play longball, we get it out of defence quickly, spray it out to our 2 wingers and go at teams. Love it :bowdown:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I know it hurts but why make up BS? Your style under Gus was dull and I would hate to spend money to watch it week in week out. You pass it at the back for ages, move it into midfield, then back to the back 4 some more...zzzzzz. We don't play longball, we get it out of defence quickly, spray it out to our 2 wingers and go at teams. Love it :bowdown:

OH yes HOOOOOOF to the box and the nearest Palace player in the box dives.

albionite

May 20, 2009

So dull we went from 7k fans to 29k fans. No wait they all came to see the shiny stadium not the football :ffsparr:

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
All four of those teams had a better off-field infrastructure and played a less agricultural style of football when they were promoted than Crystal Palace, so where is there a comparison?

Oh, there it is! Because our stadium is poor you are assuming on the field we will be! Typical delusion from your lot, you think because you have a nice stadium you are destined for the Prem! :rolleyes:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Oh, there it is! Because our stadium is poor you are assuming on field the field we will be! Typical delusion from your lot, you think because you have a nice stadium you are destined for the Prem! :rolleyes:

Well one thing is for sure you must be the only club in the Prem that has got to spend enormous amount of the riches the Prem clubs get given to them, on the ground instead of players. I make that a huge disadvantage don't you?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I stand by my point, if you say we are abysmal and have no chance then that indicates you feel we will get below 15-18 points but you are to scared to back yourself as deep down you know it's all bravado and wishful thinking in what you are saying.

You slag off Holloway as a Premiership manager yet he obtained 39 points in his one season in the Prem with Blackpool :lolol: This is one of the highest ever totals to go down with and would have been easily enough to stay up most years. I think you've lost it :moo:

Why are you insisting I state a specific points total ??? It's irrelevant. Trying to fog up the discussion I see :lolol: The prediction I give you is bottom 2, and I really am being generous in that.

The simple fact is you are very poor by Premier League standards.

Holloway is not the manager you need. A lot of your fans know it, I imagine - certainly the one who abused him at the press conference last year did :lolol:

Sorry if this is not what you want to hear. Perhaps you expect us all to be in awe of your shower. Wrong board, try the BBS :lolol:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Oh, there it is! Because our stadium is poor you are assuming on field the field we will be! Typical delusion from your lot, you think because you have a nice stadium you are destined for the Prem! :rolleyes:

That isn't what I said at all and you know it. Now would you care trying to explain why Crystal Palace could be comparable to Norwich, Swansea, West Bromwich and Southampton - because the only thing that I can see that directly compares is that you got promoted, and even that doesn't quite compare as three of them did it automatically.

So you're the new Swansea are you?

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
Why are you insisting I state a specific points total ??? It's irrelevant. Trying to fog up the discussion I see :lolol: The prediction I give you is bottom 2, and I really am being generous in that.

The simple fact is you are very poor by Premier League standards.

Holloway is not the manager you need. A lot of your fans know it, I imagine - certainly the one who abused him at the press conference last year did :lolol:

Sorry if this is not what you want to hear. Perhaps you expect us all to be in awe of your shower. Wrong board, try the BBS :lolol:

Lets be honest, nobody knows what will happen. The only thing we can go on is that Holloway took up a smaller club in Blackpool and they had a lesser budget than us and he got 39 points. If he repeats that again then we will have a bloody good chance of survival. I understand your insistence though that we will fail miserably but that all steems from rivalry and the hurt you still feel from the PO humiliation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports