Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace sign Spain U20's Captain

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No problem with literacy.
Just the wankers who think their level of literacy makes them better than anyone else.

To be fair, buzzer doesn't think he's better than 'anyone else'. He just thinks he's better than you. Seems pretty reasonable.

Nice avatar btw. What have you got in your manbag?

Soaring Eagle

Banned
Jul 22, 2013
Your insults have gone from "ma'am" to "prick" and now to "wankers". You're losing your cool and it's yet another reason why I'm better than you.

See, you're doing it again. Getting all pompous and self righteous and stuff.
You'll never be better than me because I'm a Palace fan.
And you ain't.
Or should that be 'you isn't?'
You is the English expert. You tell me, n'est-ce pas?
That's French for isn't it, je crois.
And je crois is English for I believe.
I believe.
Or je crois as we say en Francis.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No problem with literacy.
Just the ******* who think their level of literacy makes them better than anyone else.

Surely the above post means that this thread is now 'google-ad-hostile' and should be moved to 'The Other Stuff' ???

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Back on topic, I've never thought players who spend too much time in the U20's ever turn out to be any good. Feel free to prove me wrong, but if was so great wouldn't he be in the U21's by now considering he's in his 20's?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely the above post means that this thread is now 'google-ad-hostile' and should be moved to 'The Other Stuff' ???

Occasional level two profanity is acceptable, but Soaring Eagle is no longer with us on NSC, so won't be able to repeat it.

Vegas78

Dec 4, 2012
South London
Back on topic, I've never thought players who spend too much time in the U20's ever turn out to be any good. Feel free to prove me wrong, but if was so great wouldn't he be in the U21's by now considering he's in his 20's?

I sort of agree with this. In reality it means nothing, it is more of a gamble than anything. If it fails then he is young enough for us to get a return on the investment, if he turns out as good as he is rated then who knows.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
And you ain't.
I believe.

You are the latest incarnation of bustersdad/the Silurian and I claim my £5 prize.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
And you ain't.
I believe.

It should be 'you aren’t', but do carry on.

When I say 'aren't', I don't mean 'your aunt'. I just thought I needed to clear that up on this occasion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Based on what exactly Blue? Other than blind hatred/rivalry, I doubt you believe that, hand on heart.

Based on a judement call that you lack enough quality to have anything other than a fool's hope of staying up, and a real doubt that this will change before season start :shrug:

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
Based on a judement call that you lack enough quality to have anything other than a fool's hope of staying up, and a real doubt that this will change before season start :shrug:

Be interested in how many points you think we will get? Less than Derby in 2007? (11)

IMO, we already have players in Speroni, Ward, Jedinak, Williams, Bolasie and Murray (admittedly, not back till Jan-Feb) who can make the step up without doubt.

The signing of Thomas is a solid one as is KP to come off the bench. Dobbie looks a bit of a poor signing now we are up but i'm sure we can loan him out to a Championship club. How do you know players like Gayle and Campana won't be quality? There potential is huge.

You also say you have a real doubt this will change before the start of the season, how come? There is still 4 weeks to go till we kick off and we have a huge pot of money still left over to play with.

Seems like wishful thinking to me.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Tell me, what do all your new found Rivals fans of Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs think about him. I bet they can't wait to see such flair players.
I bet their fans are really surprised he picked Palace over them, yes?

Funnily enough, that sounds similar to the hype when Sr Vicente signed for the albion.......I hope it turns out better than he did! :lol:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Be interested in how many points you think we will get? Less than Derby in 2007? (11)

IMO, we already have players in Speroni, Ward, Jedinak, Williams, Bolasie and Murray (admittedly, not back till Jan-Feb) who can make the step up without doubt.

The signing of Thomas is a solid one as is KP to come off the bench. Dobbie looks a bit of a poor signing now we are up but i'm sure we can loan him out to a Championship club. How do you know players like Gayle and Campana won't be quality? There potential is huge.

You also say you have a real doubt this will change before the start of the season, how come? There is still 4 weeks to go till we kick off and we have a huge pot of money still left over to play with.

Seems like wishful thinking to me.

Not wishful thinking at all. I have have much better things to wish for.

I've no inclination to even guess how many points you'll get, but I do reckon you'll be comfortably relegated.

I actually said that I have a real doubt things will change before the start of the season, not that there is doubt, it's a subtle difference. I just base this on the standard of player you've been linked with, but no big deal, it is just a feeling.

In premier league terms I don't rate any of the players you have mentioned, except Williams.

I don't care if you cling to your Fool's Hope though :lolol:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Funnily enough, that sounds similar to the hype when Sr Vicente signed for the albion.......I hope it turns out better than he did! :lol:

Oh come on don't be shy what did the new rival fans say about your new signing or did they say Crystal Palace who are they. Come back and talk to us when you have played in the Champions League.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
we already have players in Speroni, Ward, Jedinak, Williams, Bolasie and Murray (admittedly, not back till Jan-Feb) who can make the step up without doubt.

No offence, but that is utterly ludicrous. There is not one players amongt those who can make the step up 'without doubt'. You are just hoping they will, based on nothing.

Speroni ought to be okay - the keeper's job isn't any different in a higher league, but he is going to have a LOT to do.
Williams is a tremendous talent, who will do well in time.

None of the six you list would be starters at ANY other Premiership team.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Oh come on don't be shy what did the new rival fans say about your new signing or did they say Crystal Palace who are they. Come back and talk to us when you have played in the Champions League.

Well Mr Foster, if you are going to get like that, how about you come back and talk to me when you have played in the Premier League?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here