Palace on MOTD

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Yes and we came forth with a weaker squad than we have now.

You're probably right about where we will finish but if we happen to win these two up coming home games we will be nicely placed... despite missing ALOT of top players through injury and suspension and installing a new manager (who had no pre- season)

Edit: Why am I arguing with this goon?

The league is tougher this year, last year all 3 relegated teams were poor until Bolton got going at the end of the season but this year QPR and Reading look very strong and Wigan have started averagely but should improve once they get knocked out of Europe.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Looking at the table, I honestly think barring a miracle your promotion hopes are over already.
That's just ridiculous.

Burnley and Leicester are 8 points ahead of you already and given there's hardly anything between you and their squads
There are 37 games left. Would you be willing to bet on us catching Burnley?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The league is tougher this year, last year all 3 relegated teams were poor until Bolton got going at the end of the season but this year QPR and Reading look very strong and Wigan have started averagely but should improve once they get knocked out of Europe.

Fair enough fella. I won't bother going on Tuesday. Hardly any point now!

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Looking at the table, I honestly think barring a miracle your promotion hopes are over already. QPR are walking the league, you're 11 points off of them, Burnley and Leicester are 8 points ahead of you already and given there's hardly anything between you and their squads, I can't see you catching them. Then the 3 teams after that are Reading, Forest and Watford. On paper they are far superior sides to you so even if you were level on points with them at this this stage i'd back them to come through and comfortably finish above you after 46 games. As it transpires though, they already have a 6 point lead on you. Gonna be very hard for you and I think your be finishing somewhere between 8th and 14th this year.

You know **** all you silly caravan lover so **** off

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
That's just ridiculous.

There are 37 games left. Would you be willing to bet on us catching Burnley?

As I said earlier Trig, there is not much between your's or their squads, I would say your squad prob just edges it as you have Ulloa but given their superb start and your average one, I think an 8 point lead will be hard to make up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Serious attempt at debate.

5 Zero - looked like Jedinak got caught a couple of time at important moments yesterday. Is he up to it. I know you lot rated him VERY highly last year?

I didn't rate him even in the Championship, and you can see why now - he looks genuinely like a League One or Two player compared to Prem attackers.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Love it. We've lost ONE in SEVEN yet it's all over for us. Riiiight-o.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looking at the table, I honestly think barring a miracle your promotion hopes are over already. QPR are walking the league, you're 11 points off of them, Burnley and Leicester are 8 points ahead of you already and given there's hardly anything between you and their squads, I can't see you catching them. Then the 3 teams after that are Reading, Forest and Watford. On paper they are far superior sides to you so even if you were level on points with them at this this stage i'd back them to come through and comfortably finish above you after 46 games. As it transpires though, they already have a 6 point lead on you. Gonna be very hard for you and I think your be finishing somewhere between 8th and 14th this year.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2011-2012/table/2011-10-29

At the end of OCTOBER in 2011 you had just drawn 0-0 with Reading putting you third and them 16th. They were 12 points off the lead. Care to tell us all how the rest of that season went for you both?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2011-2012/table/2011-10-29

At the end of OCTOBER in 2011 you had just drawn 0-0 with Reading putting you third and them 16th. They were 12 points off the lead. Care to tell us all how the rest of that season went for you both?

Top work statto. Anyone can pull up a stat from the depths of history to prove a point. Being realistic, do you honestly think you can catch Reading, Watford or Forest given they each have a 6 point lead on you and their squads are much better than yours? You have more hope of catching Leicester or Burnley in my opinion yet they have an 8 point lead on you.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Oh no. There's only 111 points left to play for and we're 6 points behind. We're doomed! Might as well book the train tickets for shrewsbury town now... :facepalm:

We should give up like Hull and Watford did when they were 10th and 11th at this point last season.

I saw the highlights on goals on sunday. They kinda skipped over a second incident just inside the box later in the first half where the palace player ran into a saints player and fell over. When they showed the replay, the commentator mentioned the palace player sticking his foot in the ground as if suggesting he too dived, but the ref didn't book him.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
As I said earlier Trig, there is not much between your's or their squads, I would say your squad prob just edges it as you have Ulloa but given their superb start and your average one, I think an 8 point lead will be hard to make up.

Complete rubbish, remind me how many points above us you were at the most last season , 13 rings a bell yet we finished above you (again).

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Top work statto. Anyone can pull up a stat from the depths of history to prove a point. Being realistic, do you honestly think you can catch Reading, Watford or Forest given they each have a 6 point lead on you and their squads are much better than yours? You have more hope of catching Leicester or Burnley in my opinion yet they have an 8 point lead on you.

Reading must be so much better than us, how on earth did we scrape a 0-0 at their place :lol:

I'm convinced you try to be a bit thick

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Oh no. There's only 111 points left to play for and we're 6 points behind. We're doomed! Might as well book the train tickets for shrewsbury town now... :facepalm:

We should give up like Hull and Watford did when they were 10th and 11th at this point last season.

I saw the highlights on goals on sunday. They kinda skipped over a second incident just inside the box later in the first half where the palace player ran into a saints player and fell over. When they showed the replay, the commentator mentioned the palace player sticking his foot in the ground as if suggesting he too dived, but the ref didn't book him.

This, the player was Kebe, another very clear dive. Expecting Parish to ban them both for three games - to prove a point, like.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Reading must be so much better than us, how on earth did we scrape a 0-0 at their place :lol:

One result between 2 sides is not a way to tell who is the better team. For example, Peterbourgh beat Cardiff last year but they ended up relegated and Cardiff promoted.

If you're so convinced your going to finish above Reading this season how about a bet for REMF? £100 says you won't finish above them in the table after 46 games. Just to stop you declining the bet with an excuse like you're worried i'd try and welch on it like Seaside did, I'm happy for one of the mods to take our details now and then return the money to the winner at the end of the season. Deal?

Last edited:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
One result between 2 sides in not a way to tell who is the better team. For example, Peterbourgh beat Cardiff last year but they ended up relegated and Cardiff promoted.

If you're so convinced your going to finish above Reading this season how about a bet for REMF? £100 says you won't finish above them in the table after 46 games. Just to stop you declining the bet with an excuse like you're worried i'd like welch on it like Seaside did, I'm happy for one of the mods to take our details and then return the money to the winner at the end of the season. Deal?

Look you goon - no one on here is saying we WILL finish above Reading because we are realistic... obviously we could finish above them

You are saying we CAN'T finish above them - there is a difference.

Are you so interested in where we will finish because where you will finish is pretty much done and dusted!!

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Look you goon - no one on here is saying we WILL finish above Reading because we are realistic... obviously we could finish above them

You are saying we CAN'T finish above them - there is a difference.

Are you so interested in where we will finish because where you will finish is pretty much done and dusted!!

Where did I said that? I only implied it was highly likely you won't finish above the current top 6, I never said it was impossible.

That fact you have to resort to insults shows that deep down you know I have a valid point and it bothers you.

Yes, we more than likely will be relegated, I've already said that earlier if you had bothered to read my post. But with the players we have brought in and the £120 million we have banked, we should be a strong side in The Championship so I can't complain to much :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports