Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace on MOTD

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Were you there? No, I thought not. 1st half was very even, Chamachk had easily the best chance when he went through 1 on 1 and if he had elected to shoot rather than proceed to do a horrendously stupid dive it could have been a different story. 2nd half we came out the blocks slowly and were 2 down within 5 minutes, game over. It's a ruthless league.

Serious attempt at debate.

5 Zero - looked like Jedinak got caught a couple of time at important moments yesterday. Is he up to it. I know you lot rated him VERY highly last year?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
To be fair that Chamakh fellow has only just arrived at the club, he has not been properly trained in the art of making a dive look like a foul yet. A bit more practice and a haircut that does not make him look like a cockatoo when he's diving, and i'm sure he could sneak the odd penalty.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Palace averaging 1 point per match at home ( skewed by one match against a shambolic Sunderland down to 10 men )
Palace averaging 0 point per match away.

On target for 19 points this season.

Woeful !

'Ollie' IN :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I quite agree. Might make 8th or 9th with a bit of luck though.

We're 6 points off 6th with two home games on the bounce coming up. We've been missing our best player all season and had injuries and suspensions to a host of other top players. It's not yet October in one of the tightest leagues on the planet. I wouldn't be writing this season off just yet.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Serious attempt at debate.

5 Zero - looked like Jedinak got caught a couple of time at important moments yesterday. Is he up to it. I know you lot rated him VERY highly last year?

He's been poor last few games but I believe once he adapts to the league he will improve. He started very slowly in the first 3 months of his Palace career and then went on to be a huge player for us in The Championship.

I'm under no allusions and I firmly believe we will be going down unless things change big time. It seems that we have bought players that are excellent in the Championship but the jump to the Prem is at the moment proving a step to far. But with the money we have plus the squad we have assembled, we will have a great chance of going back up next year if the worst happens this year.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just watched it myself. What a terrible example of simulation. Prince Charming will be livid.

Prince Charming says himself that diving needs to be cut out of the game.

I fully expect disciplinary action and the player being dropped for the next match :lolol:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
What a load of rubbish! Your inferiority as a team shows - you are nothing without Zaha - and when Sunderland win today you will be bottom. The worst team in the playoffs went up through sheer luck and it is now blatantly obvious you are not up to the job. Shame really and feel really sorry for you Palace fans.:laugh:

You're right, we came good in the POs and were always likely to go down, no sh@t Sherlock. I think we'll have a decent side next year in the Champ with the likes of Campana, Bannan, Gayle etc.

You, on the other hand, blew your big chance and Oscar the grouch will soon get sick of your plodders and sod off someone warm. But you did beat Bolton. Well done.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
We're 6 points off 6th with two home games on the bounce coming up. We've been missing our best player all season and had injuries and suspensions to a host of other top players. It's not yet October in one of the tightest leagues on the planet. I wouldn't be writing this season off just yet.

Looking at the table, I honestly think barring a miracle your promotion hopes are over already. QPR are walking the league, you're 11 points off of them, Burnley and Leicester are 8 points ahead of you already and given there's hardly anything between you and their squads, I can't see you catching them. Then the 3 teams after that are Reading, Forest and Watford. On paper they are far superior sides to you so even if you were level on points with them at this this stage i'd back them to come through and comfortably finish above you after 46 games. As it transpires though, they already have a 6 point lead on you. Gonna be very hard for you and I think your be finishing somewhere between 8th and 14th this year.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I see all the Palace Billy no mates are on here.

Have you seriously got nothing to do on this beautiful day dickheads?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Looking at the table, I honestly think barring a miracle your promotion hopes are over already. QPR are walking the league, you're 11 points of them, Burnley and Leicester are 8 points ahead of you already and given there's hardly anything between you and their squads, I can't see you catching them. Then the 3 teams after that are Reading, Forest and Watford. On paper they are far superior sides to you so even if you were level on points with them at this this stage i'd back them to come through and comfortably finish above you after 46 games. As it transpires though, they already have a 6 point lead on you. Gonna be very hard for you and I think your be finishing somewhere between 8th and 14th this year.

Bang average sides with a great goalscorer can go up though....

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Looking at the table, I honestly think barring a miracle your promotion hopes are over already. QPR are walking the league, you're 11 points off of them, Burnley and Leicester are 8 points ahead of you already and given there's hardly anything between you and their squads, I can't see you catching them. Then the 3 teams after that are Reading, Forest and Watford. On paper they are far superior sides to you so even if you were level on points with them at this this stage i'd back them to come through and comfortably finish above you after 46 games. As it transpires though, they already have a 6 point lead on you. Gonna be very hard for you and I think your be finishing somewhere between 8th and 14th this year.

You could be right, although i think it is easier to predict where in the table you will finish.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
You're right, we came good in the POs and were always likely to go down, no sh@t Sherlock. I think we'll have a decent side next year in the Champ with the likes of Campana, Bannan, Gayle etc.

You, on the other hand, blew your big chance and Oscar the grouch will soon get sick of your plodders and sod off someone warm. But you did beat Bolton. Well done.

So wrong. Even by Palace dimwittery this is absurdly thick.

We'll have a chance at going up this year and will improve year on year if we don't.

All 23 home matches will be in the top 30 championship home attendances this year, and with Tony's billions backing us to the absolute limit he is allowed to under FFP ( until it is repealed ) then I can see us having a significant chance of going up each year from now onwards.

Back on topic...

Just 19 points for Palace this year.

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Bang average sides with a great goalscorer can go up though....

You need more than 1 player though. Last year we had the top scorer in the division (Murray) and one of the top 3 players in the entire League (Zaha) yet we still only came 5th.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
You could be right, although i think it is easier to predict where in the table you will finish.

We only have to finish above 3 teams though. Look at the table, we are hardly adrift from 4th bottom even though we have lost 5 out of 6. You hoowver are 6 points from just the playoffs and even if you do make them it's only a 1 in 4 chance of promotion.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I see all the Palace Billy no mates are on here.

Have you seriously got nothing to do on this beautiful day dickheads?

They will be bragging about their attempt at the Premier League lowest points total soon which they are on course to beat current holders Derby.
After 6 games played, Derby had 4 points
Palace have three.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
So wrong. Even by Palace dimwittery this is absurdly thick.

We'll have a chance at going up this year and will improve year on year if we don't.

All 23 home matches will be in the top 30 championship home attendances this year, and with Tony's billions backing us to the absolute limit he is allowed to under FFP ( until it is repealed ) then I can see us having a significant chance of going up each year from now onwards.

Really though? You honestly think your be able to keep Bridcutt and Ulloa, by far your best 2 players, if you don't go up this year? Take those 2 out of your team and you look like a very average side indeed.

Tony's billions? Yeah, right :lolol:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
You need more than 1 player though. Last year we had the top scorer in the division (Murray) and one of the top 3 players in the entire League (Zaha) yet we still only came 5th.

Yes and we came forth with a weaker squad than we have now.

You're probably right about where we will finish but if we happen to win these two up coming home games we will be nicely placed... despite missing ALOT of top players through injury and suspension and installing a new manager (who had no pre- season)

Edit: Why am I arguing with this goon?

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
Funny that, I switched on the TV last night as well, watched MOTD first (a show your never be on) then watched The FLS afterwards and enjoyed you getting stuffed again, this time to the footballing giants that are Ipswich Town :laugh:

Do you not see the irony with your post? In fact, are you Londoner on the BBS? He decided to start the below thread about us at the same time you were 2-0 down at Portman Road. Pot, Kettle, Black etc etc

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247353

It's been a long time since I last watched motd. However don't they show fa cup games?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They will be bragging about their attempt at the Premier League lowest points total soon which they are on course to beat current holders Derby.
After 6 games played, Derby had 4 points
Palace have three.

And those 3 points were to a shambolic Sunderland, who, let's not forget, were down to 10 men.

You are right, Derby may well be out of the record books soon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Chamachk had easily the best chance when he went through 1 on 1 and if he had elected to shoot rather than proceed to do a horrendously stupid dive it could have been a different story.
At least you admit it was a dive. Sometimes you lot refuse to admit even the most obvious of dives (particularly when it was Zaha).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here