Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace on MOTD

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
One result between 2 sides is not a way to tell who is the better team. For example, Peterbourgh beat Cardiff last year but they ended up relegated and Cardiff promoted.

If you're so convinced your going to finish above Reading this season how about a bet for REMF?

1. Nice to see a Palace fan finally acknowledge we were better than them last season.

2. Where has ANYONE suggested they are CONVINCED we'll finish above Reading?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Funny that, I switched on the TV last night as well, watched MOTD first (a show your never be on) then watched The FLS afterwards and enjoyed you getting stuffed again, this time to the footballing giants that are Ipswich Town :laugh:

Do you not see the irony with your post? In fact, are you Londoner on the BBS? He decided to start the below thread about us at the same time you were 2-0 down at Portman Road. Pot, Kettle, Black etc etc

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=247353

Ipswich Town have won the league title, the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup. They finished in the top five of the top flight for some twenty consecutive seasons. They have produced two England managers and numerous England captains. Their contribution to English football is out of proportion to their size. Minnows they are not. They have achieved much more than either of our clubs has.

Ipswich Town have won the league title, the FA Cup and the UEFA Cup. They finished in the top five of the top flight for some twenty consecutive seasons. They have produced two England managers and numerous England captains. Their contribution to English football is out of proportion to their size. Minnows they are not. They have achieved much more than either of our clubs has.

They also beat Palace 3-0 at Portman Road earlier this year.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I want to hear what Steve Parrish has to say, as he's on a one man crusade against diving.

The difficulty is how to deal with the player's fragile ego without completely alienating him. One would have thought public cautious statement and careful firm private word would be best approach. It was an outrageous dive, and wasted a nailed on scoring opportunity.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The difficulty is how to deal with the player's fragile ego without completely alienating him. One would have thought public cautious statement and careful firm private word would be best approach. It was an outrageous dive, and wasted a nailed on scoring opportunity.
Yep. He made his chairman look a right chump there.

Oh well....

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I never said we would finish above reading did I petal?

You're right about 1 result not defining who the better team is, the league table is much better so you will agree then that last season and the season before we were better than palace :)

You finished 1 place ahead of us which suggests there was nothing between the teams. In the 4 games you played us, you failed to score in 3 of the games and you got beat twice, drew one and only won one. We ended up in the Prem, you ended up still in the Championship. Pretty clear who was the 'better' team.*

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You finished 1 place ahead of us which suggests there was nothing between the teams. In the 4 games you played us, you failed to score in 3 of the games and you got beat twice, drew one and only won one. We ended up in the Prem, you ended up still in the Championship. Pretty clear who was the 'better' team.*

I think Mr Mellotron will disagree.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Are you still here? Is it free wi-if day in the asylum?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I too saw MOTD Saints vs TheJackHunts.

My first thought was - why is there a block of unsold seats in the Palace end? I thought they had the best away support in the Prem?

My second thought was - feck me, the team is actually worse than last season despite the millions spent.

We sold out the away end, but don't let the facts ruin a good story.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Yep. He made his chairman look a right chump there.

Oh well....

The chairman makes himself look a right chump with his stupid haircut, Chamakh just doubled the "Chumpship" level.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
We sold out the away end, but don't let the facts ruin a good story.

Yeah a plastic liverpool fan i know bought a season ticket for palace this year as he lives in the area. He's already bored. Good luck. Won't be long before it's not sold out.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Well said, like you said an outrageous dive.

Parish must be utterly embarrassed after his outburst a few weeks ago.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
I too saw MOTD Saints vs TheJackHunts.

My first thought was - why is there a block of unsold seats in the Palace end? I thought they had the best away support in the Prem?

My second thought was - feck me, the team is actually worse than last season despite the millions spent.

All away seats were sold. Several hundred Palace fans were stuck on the M25.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-24316049

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hoping another team goes into Admin. Classy.

I don't think anyone is 'hoping' another team goes into administration. It's just that you do have a bit of history.....

And regarding the AW stand, I was told by a long standing STH at palace that this is its last season. Where will the away fans go next year?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I don't think anyone is 'hoping' another team goes into administration. It's just that you do have a bit of history.....

And regarding the AW stand, I was told by a long standing STH at palace that this is its last season. Where will the away fans go next year?

The Main Stand has the issue with the safety certificate, The Arthur hasn't.
In saying that, the concourses and facilities are inadequate in there.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Make your mind up, you can't use a single game to determine who's the better team or a league season. So which is it to be?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here