Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace........ Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That's just subjective though. Many don't feel this embarrasment.

My view is that the Palace Gimpage don't need to be here, and if they are then there is no harm in letting them know what what a sad pathetic ramshackle record breaking relegation bound shower they have this season.

If they don't like the words then NSC isn't for them, perhaps the BBS is more positive ? ( :lolol: )

Doesn't worry me that Palace are here, most are no gimpier than some of our lot

With our current form we have no right to be lording it over them and laughing at them although i do concede that the bottom of the Premier League does bring a smile to my face.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
i initially laughed a lot at this until i remembered this was my last bet of the weekend to which i had palace/fulham as a draw to pay out beaucoup cheddar..........balls!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
People are so bloody precious.

4-1 at home against Fulham is worth a laugh no matter who you are. But Palace? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
i initially laughed a lot at this until i remembered this was my last bet of the weekend to which i had palace/fulham as a draw to pay out beaucoup cheddar..........balls!

Well I hope you have learned your lesson Pasta, never bet on Palace to do anything but lose.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
People are so bloody precious.

4-1 at home against Fulham is worth a laugh no matter who you are. But Palace? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

Like I say i had a bit of a chuckle about it this morning but i am certainly not going to be gloating over it, given our current form.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm certainly enjoying a good chuckle. This is the sort of form that gathers momentum throughout the season and sees a team crash straight through to League 1 Portsmouth and Wolves style. Parachute payments won't save you when you've got an unmotivated squad of mediocre mercenaries on 3 year contracts at Premier League salaries.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
These threads are embarrassing

This. CPFC have been a better team than us for about 29 seasons out of the last 30 and they are playing in the Premiership. Ok, only 1 year but they are and beat us to get there so we can only really have any bragging rights when we are in the same league and we BEAT them, until then it is all a bit of an embarrassment as you said and with the thread title you are going to attract their fans onto the board.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you can't laugh at your rivals getting stuffed 4-1 at home then you must have had some sort of operation to remove the footballing part of your anatomy.

Even funnier, of course, is that this was a game that they genuinely thought they would win.

Even funnier, of course, is that they went 1 up and were, for a few minutes at least, brimming with "we've turned the corner" optimism.

Even funnier, of course, is that so many of them abandoned ship long before the final whistle last night.

Even funnier, of course, is that Ian Holloway (the man they recently revered for getting them to the Premier League) had to be helped away from Selhurst Park to escape Palace fans.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
You know what I have thought about this long and hard and yes I would rather be losing at home 4-1 to Fulham in the prem than 3-1 to Forest in the Champ. The added bonus (if the prem amd the visits of arsenal, man utd, city etc instead of yeovil, bmuff, barnsley isnt enough) is THE MONEY to set you up for years. One good thing about barber out is he knows how to manage money it would virtually gurantee us champ football at least for the next 100 years.

I wouldn't. I don't want to watch us lose just because we get a bag of cash for our troubles. I'd rather we went up when we are ready to do so so we avoid getting spanked by the PL basement dwellers.

Ok at the moment this season is not going the way planned, but considering FFP is tying Oscar's hands behind his back and we have our best strikers and midfielders on long term injuries this is NO SURPRISE. We are where we are, and I expect us to do better come the end of the season.

Palace will come down with parachute millions, a load of crap players on too much money and a shithole of stadium that needs tens of millions spent on it to be fit for conference football let alone championship football. In five years time I'd rather be us, who will have prepared properly for the future rather than the busted flush those perennial bill dodgers up the road. I'm not envious of them one bit.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
If you can't laugh at your rivals getting stuffed 4-1 at home then you must have had some sort of operation to remove the footballing part of your anatomy.

Even funnier, of course, is that this was a game that they genuinely thought they would win.

Even funnier, of course, is that they went 1 up and were, for a few minutes at least, brimming with "we've turned the corner" optimism.

Even funnier, of course, is that so many of them abandoned ship long before the final whistle last night.

Even funnier, of course, is that Ian Holloway (the man they recently revered for getting them to the Premier League) had to be helped away from Selhurst Park to escape Palace fans.

This, with knobs on :)

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
This. CPFC have been a better team than us for about 29 seasons out of the last 30 and they are playing in the Premiership. Ok, only 1 year but they are and beat us to get there so we can only really have any bragging rights when we are in the same league and we BEAT them, until then it is all a bit of an embarrassment as you said and with the thread title you are going to attract their fans onto the board.

FFS your embarrassing what a load of precious bed wetters on here
Rivalry is about taking the piss at the other teams expense they do it to us we do it to them it's just a bit of fun Jesus Christ
What's embarrassing about having a laugh at their misfortune, just because they beat us at the Amex does that mean we can never laugh at them again because they got one over on us FFS NSC really is full of plebs

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Exactly. We all know deep down they've got it over us for a while.

But the po-faced, humourless refusal by some to enjoy a thoroughly entertaining match in every respect is the REAL embarrassment.

if you can't laugh at your rivals getting stuffed 4-1 at home then you must have had some sort of operation to remove the footballing part of your anatomy.

Even funnier, of course, is that ian holloway (the man they recently revered for getting them to the premier league) had to be helped away from selhurst park to escape palace fans.

even funnier was we were able to sing "is this your fire drill":ffsparr:

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You are correct, we will never get where you are be thrashed week in week out. Even though you got promoted through play-offs, spent millions on players who are not premiership quality, manager who is clueless and got lucky, we will never be as shit as you.

The sad thing is you actually believe that. Posts like yours are where are seriously call into question your knowledge, or rather lack of football.
Players are mercenary, they follow the money first and the trophies second, the only thing most of them are loyal to are their manhoods. Its not like we got promoted and could immediately think I will buy him, him and him, its not a case of who we wanted but who wanted us. There are very few bargains out there nowadays, very few untapped talents to be found. Also lets not forget that our main player has gone, the player who drew players towards him and created space. Also our main man up front is out injured, a bit like you lot. Imagine if Ulloa and Bridcutt were sold in January, you would be fooked.
Do you seriously think that things would have been any different if you would have been promoted? of course they would not have, in fact they may have been worse because lets face it your lot dont like spending money. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you would not have gone up and done a Swansea or a Southampton as their squads were far superior before they went up. Cardiff who pissed the league last year are lying two spots above us, so it is not exactly easy.
As for Holloway, I like him but not as a manager of my team but as a bloke in general, I have said on here I was sceptical about him and I was right. I also said on here we needed defenders and that never happened. If he did offer his resignation, then that would certainly show he has integrity. His job was to get us up and however it happened, nobody can deny he done that. This may sound crazy but if he does go then I would be happy to have Warnock back.
Put it this way if things do not improve for you and you finish outside the play offs I seriously doubt if you will sell the same amount of season tickets, give it a few more years of finishing in that position and you will definitely not. So then all you will have over us is a nice new stadium, but they cost money to run. But dont worry, uncle Tony is a billionaire, or maybe he is not as rich as you lot believe?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
FFS your embarrassing what a load of precious bed wetters on here
Rivalry is about taking the piss at the other teams expense they do it to us we do it to them it's just a bit of fun Jesus Christ
What's embarrassing about having a laugh at their misfortune, just because they beat us at the Amex does that mean we can never laugh at them again because they got one over on us FFS NSC really is full of plebs

Because it makes us look stupid. Who gives a rats arse how they do ? What we should be more concerned about is the way the wheels have all fallen off our Bus.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Because it makes us look stupid. Who gives a rats arse how they do ? What we should be more concerned about is the way the wheels have all fallen off our Bus.

They aren't mutually exclusive. You can be primarily concerned with our situation and slump but ALSO find that collapse last night mildly amusing. Or even very amusing.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't care that they're in a higher league than us; they are completely out of their depth and losing 4-1 at home to a relegation rival proves this. Despite spending/wasting millions in the summer transfer window on fees - not to mention future salaries - they're a weaker side than the one that finished 5th last year. I think that they're now weaker than half the sides in this year's Championship, and that includes us when we have something resembling a fully fit squad available.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here