Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace........ Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This 60M. The best part of 20M has already been spent on transfer fees, and that doesn't include signing on and agents' fees. El Pres - a man with an in depth knowledge of football finance - has, in a separate thread, stated that last year the lowest Premier League salary for a club for the year was 35m. So even if Palace manage to keep it as low as this, which is doubtful considering that signed so many players over the summer, nearly all of that 60M has already been spent. And that's before you factor in any panic buys in January or the upgrades required to the stadium.

Does that 35m include agents fees?

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
This 60M. The best part of 20M has already been spent on transfer fees, and that doesn't include signing on and agents' fees. El Pres - a man with an in depth knowledge of football finance - has, in a separate thread, stated that last year the lowest Premier League salary for a club for the year was 35m. So even if Palace manage to keep it as low as this, which is doubtful considering that signed so many players over the summer, nearly all of that 60M has already been spent. And that's before you factor in any panic buys in January or the upgrades required to the stadium.

Sorry, perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. The £60M I was referring to was purely the parachute money that will be paid in the event we go down. Admittedly that will be paid over a period of a few years but it is still gauranteed income. I seem to think income of £2-3M is good in the Championship? The £60M you are referring to is completely serarate. That's this year's (minimum) income! See the diffence between our two clubs? :)

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

You forgot to mention the £3/5 mill of upgrades that the Premier League/Sky insist on, which include expensive cabling for HD/3D TV, overhead gantries, new studio, pitch sizes and surface. All of this would have been implemented in the Hull and Cardiff stadium builds, but poor old Palace had to carry out this work with no impact on ground improvements for the fans.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
You forgot to mention the 3/5 mill of upgrades that the Premier League/Sky insist on, which include expensive cabling for HD/3D TV, overhead gantries, new studio, pitch sizes and surface. All of this would have been implemented in the Hull and Cardiff stadium builds, but poor old Palace had to carry out this work with no impact on ground improvements for the fans.

Are you lot thick or something? Really, are you trying to compare the current financial clout of BHA and Palace?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sorry, perhaps I didn't explain myself properly. The £60M I was referring to was purely the parachute money that will be paid in the event we go down. Admittedly that will be paid over a period of a few years but it is still gauranteed income. I seem to think income of £2-3M is good in the Championship? The £60M you are referring to is completely serarate. That's this year's (minimum) income! See the diffence between our two clubs? :)

Parachute money will help continue to pay off those Premier League sized salaries for the remainder of the contracts. Look at how many relegated teams struggle. QPR are only looking good because they're still overspending by about 35m, even with the parachute payments.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Parachute money will help continue to pay off those Premier League sized salaries for the remainder of the contracts. Look at how many relegated teams struggle. QPR are only looking good because they're still overspending by about 35m, even with the parachute payments.

Well for a start the likes of Chamakh who your lot mentioned earlier is on a 1 year deal so he is not an issue. I admit that I expected to go down this year but I hoped it would be after signing a squad that would be particularly strong in the Championship. The jury is out on this. I think we completely f*cked it up in the summer by signing so many average players who I am questioning would have the desire for a Championship campaign next year. Having said that, we still have Murray to return and I think a Murray/Gayle partnership will be strong in the Championship. Although we haven't seen it yet, Guediolla was a Forest fan favourite, Bannon has done it with Villa etc so I am sure we will be there or thereabouts next year.

What do you think about your prospects this year and next?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Well for a start the likes of Chamakh who your lot mentioned earlier is on a 1 year deal so he is not an issue. I admit that I expected to go down this year but I hoped it would be after signing a squad that would be particularly strong in the Championship. The jury is out on this. I think we completely f*cked it up in the summer by signing so many average players who I am questioning would have the desire for a Championship campaign next year. Having said that, we still have Murray to return and I think a Murray/Gayle partnership will be strong in the Championship. Although we haven't seen it yet, Guediolla was a Forest fan favourite, Bannon has done it with Villa etc so I am sure we will be there or thereabouts next year.

What do you think about your prospects this year and next?

You seem to be a bit touchy?

Do you honestly think you will be promoted next year after coming down?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think there will be too much left of the Premier League cash from this year, but Palace will have a 23 million parachute payment for next year. Useful money and their real big earners are on 1 year deals.

But they have a big squad and Murray alone is on 1 million a year. Some trimming will be necessary, and a lot depends on how well this is done. And it is certainly not guatanteed that they will have an amazing squad for next year, although they should have no fears of a 2nd relegation.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I don't think there will be too much left of the Premier League cash from this year, but Palace will have a 23 million parachute payment for next year. Useful money and their real big earners are on 1 year deals.

But they have a big squad and Murray alone is on 1 million a year. Some trimming will be necessary, and a lot depends on how well this is done. And it is certainly not guatanteed that will have an amazing squad for next year, although they should have no fears of a 2nd relegation.

Im sure Wolves thought that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just answering a question. I would have thought with us being bottom you would have welcomed a Palace haha thread? Or are our two situations becoming too similar for comfort?

You have a point, you are five points short of your targetted position for the season (staying up), we are nine points short with a game in hand from our targeted position (play offs). That said we are riddled with injuries and have every prospect of improving in the second half of the season. I can only see you going backwards, which from bottom is down.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No but we have standards ... three spelling mistakes over three lines is pretty poor ...
Ps not sure why you are moving onto the French language when you haven't yet mastered your own ....

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here