Palace........ Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
wow, mr half-empty glass what a bundle of joy you are ! can you not find delight in anything ?

I was at the Yeovil game, we had our chances in the last ten mins to win the game (when we started playing) and we will win more games than we loss between now & Jan, whereas those up the road will not

No, actually I'm a pretty cheerful sort. I just get fed up with all this inane Palace stuff, day after day, hour after hour. This board should be able to cover a wide enough spectrum without resorting to all this rubbish. A lot of posters on here have only known BHA life in the last 5-10-15 years. They didn't know life before this rivalry was invented in the 70's. This is all they know. Some of the older ones amongst us quite liked our neutrality. It felt natural and right. To some of us, it doesn't feel right to have a London club as a rival. Their natural fit is Millwall and should have remained so. Hey ho, thats history.
I was at Yeovil and as far as I'm concerned it was pitiful. There were chances before the last ten minutes and these were squandered as well. I believe we will have a decent second half of the season but on the evidence of recent games ( Ipswich/Sheff Wed/Forest/Yeovil ) I don't share your optimism re the period up to January. We will not score many goals and will have to rely on keeping clean sheets to pick up any results.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In the off chance it's not already here:-

[tweet]392376716523364352[/tweet]

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
No, actually I'm a pretty cheerful sort. I just get fed up with all this inane Palace stuff, day after day, hour after hour. This board should be able to cover a wide enough spectrum without resorting to all this rubbish. A lot of posters on here have only known BHA life in the last 5-10-15 years. They didn't know life before this rivalry was invented in the 70's. This is all they know. Some of the older ones amongst us quite liked our neutrality. It felt natural and right. To some of us, it doesn't feel right to have a London club as a rival. Their natural fit is Millwall and should have remained so. Hey ho, thats history.
I was at Yeovil and as far as I'm concerned it was pitiful. There were chances before the last ten minutes and these were squandered as well. I believe we will have a decent second half of the season but on the evidence of recent games ( Ipswich/Sheff Wed/Forest/Yeovil ) I don't share your optimism re the period up to January. We will not score many goals and will have to rely on keeping clean sheets to pick up any results.

Sorry mate, you are quite within your rights to "turn the other cheek" if you wish. However some of us enjoy the relationship and banter between the clubs. And, at least in my case it's very much "tongue in cheek". Where's the fun if you can't take the peas out of CPFC ?
I don't however laugh in their face as some posters have. I find it much more fun just to snigger at the chappies up the road who keep giving it big, and trying to nick our best players, rejoice in their undeserved promotion and are now paying the price.
Incidently, not all the older fans follow your view. I was a regular on the east terrace in the mid fifties when we were in an endless battle to get promoted from The Third Div South.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
some of the palace that come on here are ok .......most of them come on here to take the piss.......they are a sinking ship at the moment and there is no denying it.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
The sad thing is you actually believe that. Posts like yours are where are seriously call into question your knowledge, or rather lack of football.
Players are mercenary, they follow the money first and the trophies second, the only thing most of them are loyal to are their manhoods. Its not like we got promoted and could immediately think I will buy him, him and him, its not a case of who we wanted but who wanted us. There are very few bargains out there nowadays, very few untapped talents to be found. Also lets not forget that our main player has gone, the player who drew players towards him and created space. Also our main man up front is out injured, a bit like you lot. Imagine if Ulloa and Bridcutt were sold in January, you would be fooked.
Do you seriously think that things would have been any different if you would have been promoted? of course they would not have, in fact they may have been worse because lets face it your lot dont like spending money. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you would not have gone up and done a Swansea or a Southampton as their squads were far superior before they went up. Cardiff who pissed the league last year are lying two spots above us, so it is not exactly easy.
As for Holloway, I like him but not as a manager of my team but as a bloke in general, I have said on here I was sceptical about him and I was right. I also said on here we needed defenders and that never happened. If he did offer his resignation, then that would certainly show he has integrity. His job was to get us up and however it happened, nobody can deny he done that. This may sound crazy but if he does go then I would be happy to have Warnock back.
Put it this way if things do not improve for you and you finish outside the play offs I seriously doubt if you will sell the same amount of season tickets, give it a few more years of finishing in that position and you will definitely not. So then all you will have over us is a nice new stadium, but they cost money to run. But dont worry, uncle Tony is a billionaire, or maybe he is not as rich as you lot believe?

You might be one of the better palace who comes on this forum, spout what you like, but remember no one invited to read this forum, let alone like what is posted. So get off your high horse and **** off back to the bbs.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

I think you may be right

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
some of the palace that come on here are ok .......most of them come on here to take the piss.......they are a sinking ship at the moment and there is no denying it.

The waters getting choppy down your way as well .

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
By Richard Cawley
BELOW is the transcript of Ian Holloway's post-match press conference after the 4-1 defeat to Fulham.
The Eagles boss took over an hour to come and address the written media after holding a lengthy discussion with co-chairman Steve Parish.
Here are the manager's responses to questions.
Q: Ian, a difficult night?
"Just slightly...yeah. It all started quite well. Then two bolts from the blue. If you've seen two better goals than that this season then I'd like to see them myself. Completely knocked the stuffing out of everybody.
"Spoke about it at half-time, needed the next goal and we're all bitterly disappointed with the way we've conceded two from set-pieces. So totally and utterly flat as a pancake in there. That's what we've just been talking about because this is so unrelenting. We've now got Arsenal. Do you get a chance to feel sorry for yourself? I don't think so. And you shouldn't anyway. Because lots of that first 25-30 minutes were very, very good. But for me we're putting balls in the box and we're getting one body in there. The time we did actually attack it with any venom, Mariappa got on it and scored.
"It's hard isn't it, when you're on a run like this? But we spoke about it before the start of the season. It's just difficult dealing with it, for everybody. Including the fans - I thought they were absolutely magnificent tonight. Stuck right behind us, absolutely terrific.
"No-one wants this. It's happening - we've got to do something about it."
Q: What was said between you and the chairman after the game?
"Well we talk all the time - unlike what you people write. We speak all the time. And I'll be speaking to him tomorrow morning when the lads are in and seeing how they are.
"It's about what's right for the football club. That's what it will always be about with me and Steve [Parish]. For the football club."
Q: Will you consider your position?
"I was a centre midfielder and I never considered playing full-back or centre-half or up front. Is that what you meant?
Q: You came in for quite a bit of stick at the end from some sections of the fans as you walked off?
"I felt exactly the way they did, to be honest. Because we're playing Fulham and it's a local derby. I didn't like what they signing. Very disrespectful - can we play you every week? Maybe if they haven't won away from home. That's just football. You've got to be able to deal with that. I saw lots of effort. Lots of hard work. Bit more cohesion as well in the first 25-30 minutes but unfortunately we've ended up well-beaten. That's what life's all about. I can thank the fans for the way they stuck with the lads. I don't think they moaned that much and if they want to moan at me then great, no problem."
Q: Do you feel you can turn it around?
"Course I do, yeah."
Q: What gives you that belief?
"I'm a very positive person.
Q: What you've seen in the games so far you're fully confident the squad will turn it around?
"We've lost five games since we've announced the 25 and I feel there is something wrong there. I don't feel we've got the same spirit. Maybe we changed too many. But that squad is who we've got until January. So they better buck up and stick together - and learn how to stick together. Because it's tough. And we've got a nice easy one coming up next, which is Arsenal.
Q: Has the chairman been supportive of your position?
"I'm not going to talk to you about what we just spoke about, to be perfectly honest with you."
Q: Did he give you enough in that conversation to suggest you could have a future at this club?
"I'm not talking about my future. I'm only talking about the football club. That's all I've ever done. And what's best for Palace and the team. What's best for that. Me and the chairman talk about it all the time. Who am I picking? Why did I think that? And me and him signed all these players in the summer together, unlike what's being reported. Now's not the time. We're smarting. He always comes down after a game. We always have a chat. It's just a bit longer this time because I spent longer with the players than I usually do, trying to pick them up. Trying to talk to them about my experiences in life. And how bad I felt when my daughters were deaf and my wife had cancer. We've just lost a game, let's get on with it. Because you're trying to learn how to win in this division. And that's the truth.
"We're not the only team if two goals were scored like that might lose a bit of stuffing. So, let's keep it straight to that."
Q: Do you think there are unrealistic expectations upon the team and the club considering you came through the play-offs?
"It's not really that. You're trying to gel a group of people together. We've made 12, 13 new signings and that's out of 25 people. It's not excuses. It's just the way it is. And at the minute every single thing that could go wrong has and is.
"You know that bloke's volley from the edge of the box. C'mon, have you seen a better goal yourselves this year? Have you? No. I'm talking to you young man [asking journalist at front of press conference]."
Answer: "Wilshire's as a team goal."
"That's a brilliant goal. But I'm talking about taking it on the chest, he's looking the other way and he smashes it in the far corner."
Q: Ian, what are you hoping to achieve in this meeting tomorrow?
"We were having a meeting anyway. We're having a meeting with the lads and we always do. We're having a warmdown and talk about some bits and pieces and learn from it. So that's the meeting. It's what we normally do."
Q: Is that the flatest you can remember a dressing room after a game?
"No. Not at all. Every dressing room is flat if you ain't won - every dressing room."

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
You might be one of the better palace who comes on this forum, spout what you like, but remember no one invited to read this forum, let alone like what is posted. So get off your high horse and **** off back to the bbs.

So you cannot actually tell me where I was wrong or you disagree then? you actually just got on your high horse, is that just you being ironic?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Palace fans, genuine question, what are you now making of your outlay on Gayle and the supposed £40k a week on Chamakh? Both have looked very lightweight with limited ability so far, but at least Gayle looks interested, unlike Chamakh.
Thought Jedinak was really poor on Monday night but always considered him as one of your better players.

gavind

Banned
Jul 2, 2013
No news on Gayle yet. I hope he does make it though.
smile2.png

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

He isn't. He's a bellend.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Palace fans, genuine question, what are you now making of your outlay on Gayle and the supposed £40k a week on Chamakh? Both have looked very lightweight with limited ability so far, but at least Gayle looks interested, unlike Chamakh.
Thought Jedinak was really poor on Monday night but always considered him as one of your better players.

Just as an aside, I am listening to Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day' and that takes me back to 13 May 2013 for some reason.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think our outlay on Gayle is fine. He is clearly a great prospect and will set the Championship alight next season. Chamakh is a disaster. Complete waste of money, big time Charlie who thinks he is better than he is. I could also include 8 of the 14 we signed in the summer in that description. Nevertheless, we are still there in the premier league (again) and hopefully we will start to show some real passion and fight on the pitch once the new manager comes in. It will probably still end in relegation but hey-ho. £60M is on it's way in parachute payments so that should fund a serious promotion push next year.

It's an awful lot to expect of a new manager to keep us up but you never know. I guess you are also experiencing similar thoughts? Do you think your new manager will keep you up?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Well done Palace for bouncing this.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Well done Palace for bouncing this.

Just answering a question. I would have thought with us being bottom you would have welcomed a Palace haha thread? Or are our two situations becoming too similar for comfort?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just as an aside, I am listening to Lou Reed's 'Perfect Day' and that takes me back to 13 May 2013 for some reason.

Anyway, to answer your question, I think our outlay on Gayle is fine. He is clearly a great prospect and will set the Championship alight next season. Chamakh is a disaster. Complete waste of money, big time Charlie who thinks he is better than he is. I could also include 8 of the 14 we signed in the summer in that description. Nevertheless, we are still there in the premier league (again) and hopefully we will start to show some real passion and fight on the pitch once the new manager comes in. It will probably still end in relegation but hey-ho. £60M is on it's way in parachute payments so that should fund a serious promotion push next year.

It's an awful lot to expect of a new manager to keep us up but you never know. I guess you are also experiencing similar thoughts? Do you think your new manager will keep you up?

This 60M. The best part of 20M has already been spent on transfer fees, and that doesn't include signing on and agents' fees. El Pres - a man with an in depth knowledge of football finance - has, in a separate thread, stated that last year the lowest Premier League salary for a club for the year was 35m. So even if Palace manage to keep it as low as this, which is doubtful considering that signed so many players over the summer, nearly all of that 60M has already been spent. And that's before you factor in any panic buys in January or the upgrades required to the stadium.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports