Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace are a part of the romance of football

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Your view of BBS is from a Palace fan's perspective , there maybe half a dozen Brighton fans tolerated on the main board along with some fans from other clubs. The mods make sure any Brighton fan that Palace fans won't perceive as "special" is only allowed to post in the away end.

Simply isn't true. If you don't act like an arse in the Palace sections, you don't get banned. It's simple. The busiest bit of the board is probably GCC, and it doesn't matter what club you support. For football arguments there's the away fans end, and away fans can start as many threads as they like.

Compare that to here. If Palace fans don't want to get banned they have to basically stick to Brighton started Palace threads. After any kind of success, Palace fans are restricted to a single thread.

There were loads of posts on the BBS after your 3-0 win. Loads of threads started by Brighton fans (and it's been enormous good fun dredging up all those comments now). If a Palace fan tried similar on here he'd get banned faster than Gus declaring his desire to manage in the Premier League to the media adter the firing of a Premier League manager.

Both great football sites, and of course I'm biased, but NSC no longer seems confident enough to run the open Big board it had in the past. Just my opinion of course.

Your view of BBS is from a Palace fan's perspective , there maybe half a dozen Brighton fans tolerated on the main board along with some fans from other clubs. The mods make sure any Brighton fan that Palace fans won't perceive as "special" is only allowed to post in the away end.

Unless you are a Palace fan where anything goes. There is one individual who openly shows a strange interest in his siblings kids ,claims to be a homosexual but posts homophobic bile about the Albion and threatens rival fans with vile abuse . Yet he seems to be lorded as some sort of hero by the Palace on there.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I got permanently banned from the Palace Away End for proving (on a daily basis) that their support is shite. :down:

The truth hurts :lolol:

Didn't stop you from keep going back under different guises.
Wasn't one of them pretending to be a Fulham (?) fan, too embarrassed to own up to being a weed?
I think most rational people can work out what sort of bilge you post on the bbs, but you seem to have disappeared of late, any reason ? :flounce:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Didn't stop you from keep going back under different guises.
Wasn't one of them pretending to be a Fulham (?) fan, too embarrassed to own up to being a weed?
I think most rational people can work out what sort of bilge you post on the bbs, but you seem to have disappeared of late, any reason ? :flounce:

Hasn't BBS blocked his IP address ?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Simply isn't true. If you don't act like an arse in the Palace sections, you don't get banned. It's simple. The busiest bit of the board is probably GCC, and it doesn't matter what club you support. For football arguments there's the away fans end, and away fans can start as many threads as they like.

Compare that to here. If Palace fans don't want to get banned they have to basically stick to Brighton started Palace threads. After any kind of success, Palace fans are restricted to a single thread.

There were loads of posts on the BBS after your 3-0 win. Loads of threads started by Brighton fans (and it's been enormous good fun dredging up all those comments now). If a Palace fan tried similar on here he'd get banned faster than Gus declaring his desire to manage in the Premier League to the media adter the firing of a Premier League manager.

Both great football sites, and of course I'm biased, but NSC no longer seems confident enough to run the open Big board it had in the past. Just my opinion of course.

I simply can't understand why any supporter would go on another teams site, other than to try and provoke reaction. I am not registered with BBS(?), and don't give a stuff about Palace.....

In fact we only see most of you on here after you've won, after we beat you 3-0, we didn't see any of you until recently.

Banned
May 19, 2013
I simply can't understand why any supporter would go on another teams site, other than to try and provoke reaction. I am not registered with BBS(?), and don't give a stuff about Palace.....

In fact we only see most of you on here after you've won, after we beat you 3-0, we didn't see any of you until recently.

Some people enjoy a bit of good natured discussion, and yes, light mickey taking. Others don't. I post on other forums too, but I appreciate that it's not everyone's cup of tea. We have plenty of Brighton fans on the BBS, and many of them are not there purely to provoke a reaction either.

For the record, I deliberately didn't come here after we'd won. It seemed a bit too raw at that time.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Yep the Nigels have had a better last 30 years than Albion, no doubt about it. However, in that time they haven't actually won anything and their supporter base has shrunk. Albion have been to hell and back during that period but now have the infrastructure in place to prosper. The best part is that rebuilt club has rekindled the massive local support it had in the late 70s early 80s, whereas I know a bloke at work (in London) who has bought a season ticket next year at Smellhurst because a) it was cheap, and b) so that he can go and see "the big teams". He's got no interest in the Pikeys, but enjoy his company.

Banned
May 19, 2013
Yep the Nigels have had a better last 30 years than Albion, no doubt about it. However, in that time they haven't actually won anything and their supporter base has shrunk. Albion have been to hell and back during that period but now have the infrastructure in place to prosper. The best part is that rebuilt club has rekindled the massive local support it had in the late 70s early 80s, whereas I know a bloke at work (in London) who has bought a season ticket next year at Smellhurst because a) it was cheap, and b) so that he can go and see "the big teams". He's got no interest in the Pikeys, but enjoy his company.

Personally I find that (if true) really really weird. I just don't get why you'd get a season ticket to a club you aren't that interested in. I know you've experienced this phenomena to a large degree, with fans who primarily support other clubs getting season tickets at the Amex, and I just find it bizarre. I know it's easy to take the moral high ground when it's someone else's money, but I'd much rather give tickets away to kids in the local schools than have some bloke coming who's really an armchair Chelsea fan or some such.

Banned
May 19, 2013
No you don't, that's bollocks.

What's bollocks? That you've got season ticket holders at the Amex who primarily support another club? I know some! Sorry, didn't know it was controversial, I thought it was recognised even on here (I'm sure I saw a Man United/Brighton fan posting the other day defending himself on this score?)

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
What's bollocks? That you've got season ticket holders at the Amex who primarily support another club? I know some! Sorry, didn't know it was controversial, I thought it was recognised even on here (I'm sure I saw a Man United/Brighton fan posting the other day defending himself on this score?)

Some not large degree.

But keep trolling.

Banned
May 19, 2013
Some not large degree.

But keep trolling.

I didn't mean to quibble over numbers. Your some may be my large degree. I just meant I knew it was something you were familiar with, and I find it as odd at BHAFC as I do in the example of the person doing it at CPFC.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I didn't mean to quibble over numbers. Your some may be my large degree. I just meant I knew it was something you were familiar with, and I find it as odd at BHAFC as I do in the example of the person doing it at CPFC.

It revealed your agenda though didn't it.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I have had a two hour rest from NSC:ohmy:-------------I come back and Psalm 56:5 is still giving it the big I am------My last infraction on here ended yesterday so lets see if I get another one from Bozza when I say FECK off palace trolls. The majority on here do not give a flying feck on what you lot say or what happens to you or your team:yawn:
Get off our fecking board so we can rip into each other:bla:and not you :tosser:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have had a two hour rest from NSC:ohmy:-------------I come back and Psalm 56:5 is still giving it the big I am------My last infraction on here ended yesterday so lets see if I get another one from Bozza when I say FECK off palace trolls. The majority on here do not give a flying feck on what you lot say or what happens to you or your team:yawn:
Get off our fecking board so we can rip into each other:bla:and not you :tosser:

Perhaps if boring farts did not start loads of threads about Palace then they would not come here?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Got to say - this is pathetic. Palace beat us fair and square - take it on the chin and congratulate them as you should. And they are a similar sized club to us with similar sized latent support. All the more commendable considering they have some of the biggest Prermiership teams half an hour away and Charlton and Millwall to compete with for fanslocally. If Palace built a new stadium like ours either in Selhurst/Norwood or up the road in Crystal Palace they would be getting EXACTLY the same sized crowds.

Buzzer has nailed this. 100% spot on.

Banned
May 19, 2013
It revealed your agenda though didn't it.

If it did, it's news to me. I'm a Palace fan, and I've never tried to disguise that. I'll naturally have a Palace perspective on events. But I've tried to give an honest opinion and not to go for cheap shots. I'm not above a bit of mickey-taking, and don't mind receiving it either.

If that's an "agenda" so be it.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Perhaps if boring farts did not start loads of threads about Palace then they would not come here?

I remember starting a thread months ago(via Talksport updates) about Ferguson saying he wasn't going to pay as much as he eventually did for Zaha.
I am a boring fart tho so you've got me there :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here