Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace are a part of the romance of football

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I must confess with outside eyes, I still wonder what the deal is with Bloom. There is no doubt at all that he's a genuine fan, the Palace owners have all said how decent they are too when we've played you, but if our roles were reversed I'd still be asking questions over that £120m (or however much it is he's put in). I think it's probably my suspicion from the Jordan years (where plenty of fans shouted down anyone who dared question Jordan's finances), but it's just a hell of a lot of money to give away with no return. A hell of a lot.

Still, no one gets into football to make money! If we hadn't had our consortium come along, I'd be supporting AFC Palace right now.

I do frequently work in the City and heard separately from different well-connected sources where Bloom has made money and what kind of scale and I've got to say that what I heard surprised and reassured me. I've got no proof, won't disclose details either but I'm a massive Brighton fan with no worries about Bloom's financial position.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
You led me to believe you wouldn't be replying. Believe me, I have no urge to discuss anything with you if my mere presence makes you so enraged. There is an ignore function, use it. Or better still just use some willpower and ignore me? Because honestly, getting angry with people on the Internet is not worth it.

I'm chilled --- not angry + I have never used the ignore function so get over yourself if you think you would be my first:dunce:
I know what you are up to ------- feel free to spend the next two months on NSC :wink:

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
Got to say - this is pathetic. Palace beat us fair and square - take it on the chin and congratulate them as you should. And they are a similar sized club to us with similar sized latent support. All the more commendable considering they have some of the biggest Prermiership teams half an hour away and Charlton and Millwall to compete with for fanslocally. If Palace built a new stadium like ours either in Selhurst/Norwood or up the road in Crystal Palace they would be getting EXACTLY the same sized crowds.

The voice of reason speaks.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think it will. I'm not going to argue with you on this. I think one thing and you another, fair enoughit's all about opinions, but as we have proved - a brand new stadium can work miracles for us as a club. I see no reason why it couldn't in Croydon.

Fair enough. BTW - apologies for the opening line of my post way to emotive for NSC.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Send him details where he can get hold of your new kit for next season:drool:

This was my youngest's football top last season and the one before it. I think that should answer any questions about my allegiances.

Attachments

• judas.jpg
    judas.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 85

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
I'm chilled --- not angry + I have never used the ignore function so get over yourself if you think you would be my first:dunce:
I know what you are up to ------- feel free to spend the next two months on NSC :wink:

I genuinely didn't know that suggesting you use the ignore function would be seen as some kind of threat to your masculinity. I can only apologise for my faux pas. May I also add that it is especially reassuring to hear that you know what I am up to - all the more so since I usually don't.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Quite. Better a BHAFC any day then some plastic home counties Man U or Chelsea fan. I enjoy the rivalry (and will miss it next year to be honest), but I'm not one of these loons who goes purple with rage because someone supports a different team from me.

I do,upon seeing a Palace shirt anywhere,at first i blow my top (within my head you understand) then i rant and rage under my breath to the missus and say "look at that Txss pxtt".......finally if confronted i usually end up saying,something along the lines of, "you know you can seek professional help and medication for that"

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
This was my youngest's football top last season and the one before it. I think that should answer any questions about my allegiances.

Child Abuse?:eek:------------------Listen @Buzzer I find it tiresome that Palace fans spend so much time on our Forum and fans like you indulge them.
I know you are a genuine fan and a lot of my comments are tongue in cheek.
It's all about a balance of opinions but when a Palace fan tries to put me in my place on my own Forum when I believe he is on a wind up then he can feck off:thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Child Abuse?:eek:------------------Listen @Buzzer I find it tiresome that Palace fans spend so much time on our Forum and fans like you indulge them.
I know you are a genuine fan and a lot of my comments are tongue in cheek.
It's all about a balance of opinions but when a Palace fan tries to put me in my place on my own Forum when I believe he is on a wind up then he can feck off:thumbsup:

Child abuse? He wanted "We H8 Palace" as his first choice and his second was paraphrasing the Max Romero song with :"Put on a iron shirt and chase Palace out of Earth" (His back isn't big enough, it would cost a fortune and I don't want people mistaking that for a reference to West Ham)

Re. the Palace posters - It's in one thread where the sole intent is banter with Palace fans. I think it's fair game and it is restricted to this thread. I'd agree with you when they spam the board elsewhere AND I do think we need an away section. What pees me off is the arrogance of some of our fans such as the OP who give the rest of us a bad name.

*and I'm quite enjoying not getting wound up by them half as much as two months ago. I feel quite stoic about it all.

Last edited:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
It's in one thread where the soul intent is banter with Palace fans. I think it's fair game and it is restricted to this thread. I'd agree with you when they spam the board elsewhere AND I do think we need an away section. What pees me off is the arrogance of some of our fans such as the OP who give the rest of us a bad name.

*and I'm quite enjoying not getting wound up by them half as much as two months ago. I feel quite stoic about it all.

I will try to employ a stiff upper lip then :drama:

You just edited your post and put in a load of lies if aimed at me.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here