Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace are a part of the romance of football

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
There is an ignore function, so you don't have to read or respond to any poster who you don't want to. That said, merely being a fan of another club doesn't make someone a troll, or on a windup. We each have our fair share of people unable to engage in discussion, but equally we each have people able to.

Reading your 11 posts so far and the fact that you are a Palace fan on your rival's board there is no doubt you are a troll.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes, those clapper fans really did create some buzz.

It's only an issue because we lost, to be fair to whoever thought of it. he kids like them and most adults didn't really mind them I expect. The noise from both sets of fans was deafening for the first half hour of the game and we pcertainly didn't need those infernal things but it's no big deal. It's a bit like your drummer - not trying to start an argument but I think the comparison is fair. I dislike those inflatable things that used to get given out on FA Cup games (?) more.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Got to say - this is pathetic. Palace beat us fair and square - take it on the chin and congratulate them as you should. And they are a similar sized club to us with similar sized latent support. All the more commendable considering they have some of the biggest Prermiership teams half an hour away and Charlton and Millwall to compete with for fanslocally. If Palace built a new stadium like ours either in Selhurst/Norwood or up the road in Crystal Palace they would be getting EXACTLY the same sized crowds.

Absolute rubbish!

Happy to admit Palace won the play-off game fair and square, but the rest of your post is absolute drivel. The mere fact as you have pointed out yourself that they have other clubs in the vicinity, means it is highly unlikely that they will ever achieve similar gates to ours on a consistent basis. A new ground will make no difference.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Not our fault as fans I've answered this before just like not having a Proper ground for years was not yours.
Next?

The gloating trolls are what annoys-all lording it over us about 25 years in the top 2 divisions and ignoring just how you achieved that. You are as guilty of it as the other trolls.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Reading your 11 posts so far and the fact that you are a Palace fan on your rival's board there is no doubt you are a troll.

Eh? I've never pretended to be anything other than a Palace fan, and I've hardly been trawling across threads trying to cause mischief.

I'm a Palace fan, yes, so will give a Palace perspective (which unsurprisingly will differ from a BHAFC one), and I may even take the mick a bit (and would expect the same in return) - but that's a long way from being a troll.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Eh? I've never pretended to be anything other than a Palace fan, and I've hardly been trawling across threads trying to cause mischief.

I'm a Palace fan, yes, so will give a Palace perspective (which unsurprisingly will differ from a BHAFC one), and I may even take the mick a bit (and would expect the same in return) - but that's a long way from being a troll.

Not in my eyes.

You would never get me anywhere near a Palace forum.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It's only an issue because we lost, to be fair to whoever thought of it. he kids like them and most adults didn't really mind them I expect. The noise from both sets of fans was deafening for the first half hour of the game and we pcertainly didn't need those infernal things but it's no big deal. It's a bit like your drummer - not trying to start an argument but I think the comparison is fair. I dislike those inflatable things that used to get given out on FA Cup games (?) more.

Sorry Buzzer, but this is also incorrect. As soon as the use of 'clappers' was suggested, the majority of this Board and other supporters that I spoke to just couldn't believe it, even Paul Barber has suggested that we are unlikely to use them again. We also used them at the last game at Withdean.

I couldn't hear the Palace fans in the first leg, but when I watched it on TV they supported their team well, until the last 15 mins or so when I could only hear our support. Similarly at the second leg couldn't hear Palace at all until they scored...... Could be acoustics but I don't think so as I can hear other teams support.

Banned
May 19, 2013
Got to say - this is pathetic. Palace beat us fair and square - take it on the chin and congratulate them as you should. And they are a similar sized club to us with similar sized latent support. All the more commendable considering they have some of the biggest Prermiership teams half an hour away and Charlton and Millwall to compete with for fanslocally. If Palace built a new stadium like ours either in Selhurst/Norwood or up the road in Crystal Palace they would be getting EXACTLY the same sized crowds.

Very gracious of you. Though I appreciate that join date to an Internet forum isn't a true match for whether one was a genuine supporter or not before that date, it's interesting that many of those who seem the most bitter are those who joined in the last three years. For many Palace there is a definite difference between the Brighton fans who were there through thick and thin, and the "but I always supported Brighton, but I'm actually a Man U fan too" lot.

Now if someone with good comedy timing and a join date of early 2000's could call me a ****, that'd be great.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I doubt you'll find any fans who approve of Goldbergs near destruction of the club, or even Jordan's mistakes (though I do have some sympathy for him given what happened with ITV digital). It's simply that when faced with a fan with no genuine interest in what happened, and whose only desire is to invent a false version of events to make themselves feel better, it's normally not worth engaging.

I'm sure you have the same with Palace fans who take no effort to understand the circumstances over you losing your ground.

This - written in 15 foot letters. Goldberg was a fan who f**ked up big time and nearly took his club with him. Jordan another true fan but too naive to the vampires who surround modern football and he let his ego cloud his judgement. Archer was never a fan and Bellotti - if he ever was, sold us out. I guess that makes him even worse.

We're lucky we have Bloom because he's a proper lifelong fan and he is rich and he wants us on the straight and narrow but without him I have no doubts I'd still be going to Withdean to see Brighton play. It's a precarious life we lead as fans.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I'd be happy to discuss either administration, and indeed football administration in general, but it's very difficult to do with BHAFC fans. While I appreciate that this is a generalisation, in the main you don't actually seem interested in discussing administration at all, but rather some fantasy scenario that you prefer to cling to in a desperate attempt to make yourselves feel better.

I doubt you'll find any fans who approve of Goldbergs near destruction of the club, or even Jordan's mistakes (though I do have some sympathy for him given what happened with ITV digital). It's simply that when faced with a fan with no genuine interest in what happened, and whose only desire is to invent a false version of events to make themselves feel better, it's normally not worth engaging.

I'm sure you have the same with Palace fans who take no effort to understand the circumstances over you losing your ground.

it's not our fault guv, honest. It was that Goldberg geezer wot dunnit... him and that gay willie wonka Simon Jordan, an 'e only made mistakes an woz unlucky coz ITV digital collapsed an 'e'd already spent the money.We iz innocent , we aven't tucked any local business' up, not never like.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
There is an ignore function, so you don't have to read or respond to any poster who you don't want to. That said, merely being a fan of another club doesn't make someone a troll, or on a windup. We each have our fair share of people unable to engage in discussion, but equally we each have people able to.

Who the feck do you think you are preaching to ---- go 'discuss' with your own supporters.
At this moment there are at least four threads infested with palarse--------why are you bothered about telling us where we went wrong other than you are trolling.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Very gracious of you. Though I appreciate that join date to an Internet forum isn't a true match for whether one was a genuine supporter or not before that date, it's interesting that many of those who seem the most bitter are those who joined in the last three years. For many Palace there is a definite difference between the Brighton fans who were there through thick and thin, and the "but I always supported Brighton, but I'm actually a Man U fan too" lot.

Now if someone with good comedy timing and a join date of early 2000's could call me a ****, that'd be great.

Oh matey - I am one of the worst for laying into Palace trolls on here - or was. Partly because the rivalry was so even that it felt more intense and partly because so many felt the need to join every single conversation with the usual gubbins. But in real life I have a few mates that are proper Palace and as I tell my 2 sons - hate the team and not the fans. Save that contempt for Man U 'fans'.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
i'd hardly count Palace who've bobbed up and down the 1st/2nd tier for the past 20 years along side Wimbledon and the likes of Wigan, Fulham, Swansea.

Quite right. Swansea, Wimbledon and Wigan have all won something.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not our fault as fans I've answered this before just like not having a Proper ground for years was not yours.
Next?

Yes exactly. I genuinely completely agree. But where we differ is that because of an accident of fate, your club BENEFITED from your poorly run finances and you were able to sustain a level of football far higher than if you'd cut your cloth accordingly. We did run our club responsibly, THAT AND ONLY THAT is why you have achieved more than us for the past twenty years.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Absolute rubbish!

Happy to admit Palace won the play-off game fair and square, but the rest of your post is absolute drivel. The mere fact as you have pointed out yourself that they have other clubs in the vicinity, means it is highly unlikely that they will ever achieve similar gates to ours on a consistent basis. A new ground will make no difference.

I think it will. I'm not going to argue with you on this. I think one thing and you another, fair enoughit's all about opinions, but as we have proved - a brand new stadium can work miracles for us as a club. I see no reason why it couldn't in Croydon.

Banned
May 19, 2013
This - written in 15 foot letters. Goldberg was a fan who f**ked up big time and nearly took his club with him. Jordan another true fan but too naive to the vampires who surround modern football and he let his ego cloud his judgement. Archer was never a fan and Bellotti - if he ever was, sold us out. I guess that makes him even worse.

We're lucky we have Bloom because he's a proper lifelong fan and he is rich and he wants us on the straight and narrow but without him I have no doubts I'd still be going to Withdean to see Brighton play. It's a precarious life we lead as fans.

I must confess with outside eyes, I still wonder what the deal is with Bloom. There is no doubt at all that he's a genuine fan, the Palace owners have all said how decent they are too when we've played you, but if our roles were reversed I'd still be asking questions over that £120m (or however much it is he's put in). I think it's probably my suspicion from the Jordan years (where plenty of fans shouted down anyone who dared question Jordan's finances), but it's just a hell of a lot of money to give away with no return. A hell of a lot.

Still, no one gets into football to make money! If we hadn't had our consortium come along, I'd be supporting AFC Palace right now.

Banned
May 19, 2013
Who the feck do you think you are preaching to ---- go 'discuss' with your own supporters.
At this moment there are at least four threads infested with palarse--------why are you bothered about telling us where we went wrong other than you are trolling.

You led me to believe you wouldn't be replying. Believe me, I have no urge to discuss anything with you if my mere presence makes you so enraged. There is an ignore function, use it. Or better still just use some willpower and ignore me? Because honestly, getting angry with people on the Internet is not worth it.

Banned
May 19, 2013
Oh matey - I am one of the worst for laying into Palace trolls on here - or was. Partly because the rivalry was so even that it felt more intense and partly because so many felt the need to join every single conversation with the usual gubbins. But in real life I have a few mates that are proper Palace and as I tell my 2 sons - hate the team and not the fans. Save that contempt for Man U 'fans'.
Quite. Better a BHAFC any day then some plastic home counties Man U or Chelsea fan. I enjoy the rivalry (and will miss it next year to be honest), but I'm not one of these loons who goes purple with rage because someone supports a different team from me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here