Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
In that case, I would be embarrassed to put my kids in a shirt like that----you appear to love/hate Palace more than I do.

I enjoy the pantomime of it all, so do my kids. As I've already alluded to, there's clear boundaries and I'm not going to lose sleep over what you think of my parenting skills in the same way as you probably won't care one way or the other what I think about the 'leisure-wear' that the club sells that people like you enjoy wearing.

Although I'm not sure why you feel the need to imply that I love Palace in any way. That's tickled me, that has. Of all the things I've been accused of in my life I thought that was one of the absolute never-gonna-happen. If you can find anything even to suggest that then I'd love to see it. Sorry, maybe I'm being slow on the uptake here but I don't follow your arguments at all.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I will let you win on this occasion as I have also consumed a bottle of New Zealands finest-------------its the only way to post:blush:

I'll accept that gracefully,i was about to start thinking of excuses........

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I will try to employ a stiff upper lip then :drama:

You just edited your post and put in a load of lies if aimed at me.

I edited my post to a) correct a spelling mistake 'sole' not 'soul' (I'm anal like that) and b) because I added a bit about what my son wanted on the back of his shirt.

Umm...lies at you? Really? 'sake, I think you're reading far too much in to this.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Child abuse? He wanted "We H8 Palace" as his first choice and his second was paraphrasing the Max Romero song with :"Put on a iron shirt and chase Palace out of Earth" (His back isn't big enough, it would cost a fortune and I don't want people mistaking that for a reference to West Ham)

Re. the Palace posters - It's in one thread where the sole intent is banter with Palace fans. I think it's fair game and it is restricted to this thread. I'd agree with you when they spam the board elsewhere AND I do think we need an away section. What pees me off is the arrogance of some of our fans such as the OP who give the rest of us a bad name.

*and I'm quite enjoying not getting wound up by them half as much as two months ago. I feel quite stoic about it all.

Is it an away section you need, or a home one? For most topics (politics, film, talking about other football teams) I've always found it's better to have lots of voices. Makes things more interesting. I always admired the way NSC clung to this philosophy even when it came to Brighton, but clearly many of your newer fans aren't able to stomach it (and I can see why, as it hurts enough to lose to some grim northern team on a wet Tuesday night, only to have some troll turn up on the post-match recriminations thread posting "LOLOLOL - Bruno is dogsh1t!!!")

Away fans can, as a default, post anywhere on the BBS, but being a **** gets you bared from GPD and the transfer forum pretty quick. You have to go some way before you get restricted to away fans only though.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Some of us oldies will remember Wimbledon reaching the top flight, then Wigan and now, although its palace, they have to be included in that. Small clubs that rely on free tickets and 12000 to 15000 through the door unless a big club rolls into town really are a great story.

More a sad story when they rip small creditors off valuable income.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Here you go Simmo, especially for you. My other son's shirt. It's all good buddy.

jgky8i.jpg

eaglejez

Apr 23, 2004
I think you do yourselves a dis-service. Had you not screwed your creditors, TWICE, to remain in a league position earned by deception, you would probably not exist as you do now and most likely would be floundering in non-league football. The sad thing is-you Palace w@nkstains are actually proud of the way your club handled its finances and continue to gloat as though it is the accepted way of doing business.

What do you think?

there's a world of difference between spending outside of your means (which lets face it every championship club is in the same boat - some more than others such as Leicester) and then trying to get out of it by going into Admin - which is what the rules are trying to stop clubs doing. Our last Admin was gross incompetence by SJ. He was the only creditor as TB is for Brighton and all the other rich benefactor owners are. His stupidity was refinancing a patry 5m with a blood sucking hedge fund so when we were late with the tax payment (which many clubs do as a cash flow management technique) they put us into Admin. He was left with a choice of 1p in the pound and still having a club to support or 0p and no club. Don't think any Palace fans are proud of that moment in history but everyone who understands football finance knows that almost all clubs outside the Prem are screwed if their rich benefactor for some reason disappears. The even more worrying thing for clubs outside the Prem is that even with getting gifted 120m by your chairman and filling out a 30K stadium (with no need to include the arms length cost of the stadium in the accounts) Brighton still make a trading loss. Football is screwed.

The new TV money is even more ridiculous in that even if we go down (very likely) with zero points we get >120m. I'm guessing clubs that reckon they will be in the Prem for ever will just transfer all of the extra TV revenue to the players making the situation even worse so that even mediocre Championship players will be on stupid salaries.

Whatever people think about Palace they are owned by 4 supporters who are businessmen so I'm hoping that our owners will mainly get loans and premiership journeymen on frees so we keep a good chunk of the TV money to do up SP.

The stupidity of the current financial situation is that even getting 8K on our gates extra will only (after VAT) get an extra 3m revenue ie 4 half decent premiership players to join the squad :down:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Away fans can, as a default, post anywhere on the BBS, but being a **** gets you bared from GPD and the transfer forum pretty quick. You have to go some way before you get restricted to away fans only though.
99% of Brighton fans only manage 1 post before the BBS mods banish them to the "Away End". There is no freedom of speech on that board , any criticism or debate is stifled.

Banned
May 19, 2013
99% of Brighton fans only manage 1 post before the BBS mods banish them to the "Away End". There is no freedom of speech on that board , any criticism or debate is stifled.

Is that 1 post in General Palace Discussion along the lines of "LOLOLOL - Moxey is dogsh1t!!!!"?

The BBS is, in general, far more open that NSC. I'd argue that's because the home end is quite strictly enforced (away fans can still post there, but there is no room for even mild banter).

Away fans end people can say pretty much what they like. The non-football parts of the board all are welcome.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
with no need to include the arms length cost of the stadium in the accounts
A company doesn't have to include those costs whilst building works are still ongoing , expanding the capacity with another 8,000 seats covers that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is that 1 post in General Palace Discussion along the lines of "LOLOLOL - Moxey is dogsh1t!!!!"?

The BBS is, in general, far more open that NSC. I'd argue that's because the home end is quite strictly enforced (away fans can still post there, but there is no room for even mild banter).

Away fans end people can say pretty much what they like. The non-football parts of the board all are welcome.
Or saying Buckley was fouled in the box and it wasn't the ref evening things up because the lino flagged , Winifred dived in the box because there was no contact and there was video evidence to prove it ?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Here you go Simmo, especially for you. My other son's shirt. It's all good buddy.

jgky8i.jpg

I posted a very nice reply back to you about both our parenting skills but my computer decided enough was enough and I LOST it all in the ether of the internet ffs!
As you say its all good especially when my 30 year old son gets 1901 tickets via a bank with a horse in its logo :ohmy:
However I have two daughters/wife who make me the grumpy old git you see on NSC :rolleyes:

Banned
May 19, 2013
Or saying Buckley was fouled in the box and it wasn't the ref evening things up because the lino flagged , Winifred dived in the box because there was no contact and there was video evidence to prove it ?

I actually have no idea what you're talking about, so clearly this incident is one that was of significance to Brighton fans only, but you could make that argument as much as you want in the away fans end. That the place to have arguments about the game (or indeed anything else!)

But it's not what GPD is for. Away fans do post in there on occasion, but it's not the place for combative stuff.

Still, even if you break that rule, you'll mostly only get banned from the palace forums (GPD, transfers, questions to the owner and memory lane). If you're an obvious troll you'll get confined to the away fans end.

You have to go some way to get banned from there. Making personal threats by PM or something might do it I'd imagine.

I got permanently banned from the Palace Away End for proving (on a daily basis) that their support is shite. :down:

The truth hurts :lolol:

Banned
May 19, 2013
I got permanently banned from the Palace Away End for proving (on a daily basis) that their support is shite. :down:

The truth hurts :lolol:

I think you were banned for having a multitude of user-names, and because it was probably deemed to be in your best interests.

You're not well. I would imagine that's evident even to your fellow Brighton fans.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I actually have no idea what you're talking about, so clearly this incident is one that was of significance to Brighton fans only, but you could make that argument as much as you want in the away fans end. That the place to have arguments about the game (or indeed anything else!)

But it's not what GPD is for. Away fans do post in there on occasion, but it's not the place for combative stuff.

Still, even if you break that rule, you'll mostly only get banned from the palace forums (GPD, transfers, questions to the owner and memory lane). If you're an obvious troll you'll get confined to the away fans end.

You have to go some way to get banned from there. Making personal threats by PM or something might do it I'd imagine.

Your view of BBS is from a Palace fan's perspective , there maybe half a dozen Brighton fans tolerated on the main board along with some fans from other clubs. The mods make sure any Brighton fan that Palace fans won't perceive as "special" is only allowed to post in the away end.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Whatever people think about Palace they are owned by 4 supporters who are businessmen so I'm hoping that our owners will mainly get loans and premiership journeymen on frees so we keep a good chunk of the TV money to do up SP.

That is exactly what I would expect Palace to be doing, revamp the croydon shittip, take the expected relegation and return to the championship with a reasonable stadium on the way and enough left over to challenge again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports