Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Ali out

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My earlier posts about bookmaking odds made the point that England were being ridiculously overbacked on the strength of 4 overs of seam at the start of the innings.

Rob Key said before the start that he'd give 20/1 about England winning and I don't think he was joking.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
My earlier posts about bookmaking odds made the point that England were being ridiculously overbacked on the strength of 4 overs of seam at the start of the innings.

Rob Key said before the start that he'd give 20/1 about England winning and I don't think he was joking.

Pakistan are only 2/5 England only 15/8 even with 2 wickets down. Have historic betting scandals anything to do with this?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Betting odds are only the result of people's opinions adjusted so that the bookies still make money, I think 50-1 would have been more realistic.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Pakistan are only 2/5 England only 15/8 even with 2 wickets down. Have historic betting scandals anything to do with this?
The bookies are seldom wrong. This England batting line-up does have unusual depth and skill against spin.

But I agree with you, I wouldn't want to be backing England at 15/8.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyway, the usual suspects back in the hutch already, expect a bit of a recovery now but now the result is not in question,it's when not if.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Anyway, the usual suspects back in the hutch already, expect a bit of a recovery now but now the result is not in question,it's when not if.

I have a feeling the hand of history may be on his shoulder... expecting an heroic, and finally victorious, cameo from the wounded Stokes!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Betting odds are only the result of people's opinions adjusted so that the bookies still make money, I think 50-1 would have been more realistic.
Betting odds are normally an extremely good guide to the true likelihood of events occurring.

If you really thought England were 50-1 then you should currently be sitting on a pile of cash.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Pakistan WASTE their last review... lbw on Root, given not out, clipping leg... umpires call.

41-2

243 required, 3.3 overs remaining in the day and 90 tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here