Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pakistan v England test match

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
There may be an element of this, there was also rightly or wrongly worries about his height and his ability against pace. Regardless, he should have played all three in this series, he top scored in the warmup and is a fine player of spin.

Personally, I think he's underrated and if he gets a chance he'll do alright against the South African quicks.

I used to think the same regarding his height, only to be reminded he is taller than Tendulkar.

I agree I think he will cope as good as any in saffer land.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Ball started to fizz this morning. Down to Patel, Broad, Anderson and maybe one shoulder to move this 50 lead onwards and upwards.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Oh dear. Just woken up after a long night on call for work, and find Pakistan batting! Didn't really expect that unfortunately.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No chance whatsoever of taking a wicket with spin twin dullards Slingit Patel and Adil Gashid serving up this kind of pie.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Nice breakthru. 2 wickets in 2 overs. Pakistan now 105/2 lead by 33

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Stumps Day 3

Pakistan 234 & 146/3
England 306
Pakistan lead by 74 runs with 7 wickets remaining

Do I detect a distinct lack of interest in this tour? :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Do I detect a distinct lack of interest in this tour? :lolol:

I've watched nearly all of it although unlike my son I refuse to get up at 6 to see the start.

Finely poised this one. Really have to get through Hafeez and Misbah quickly to have a chance. With no pressure on Pakistan to force a result they could bore their way to safety tomorrow.

Enjoyed Bairstow and Jimmy trying to hide the fact that they were pissing themselves when Broad fell on his arse.

Stumpy Tim

Finely poised this one. Really have to get through Hafeez and Misbah quickly to have a chance. With no pressure on Pakistan to force a result they could bore their way to safety tomorrow.

There is ZERO chance of this being a draw. Pakistan may be extra careful in getting the runs, but they know they need to set England a target as England will bat again, probably for a day

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hafeez out

257/6 lead of 185 game on

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The writing's on the wall. 2-0 more likely than 1-1 now.

The individual performances of Cook, Root, Anderson and Broad in this series have papered over the cracks. Simply woeful performances with the bat thus far, and Pakistan have out-gunned us 5 centuries to 1, fed by our inept spin bowling and mediocre fielding.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The individual performances of Cook, Root, Anderson and Broad in this series have papered over the cracks. Simply woeful performances with the bat thus far, and Pakistan have out-gunned us 5 centuries to 1, fed by our inept spin bowling and mediocre fielding.

Slightly harsh. Only the ridiculous bad light situation prevented a deserved England win in the first Test, remember.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Yes. 230 ish to win is our of our range batting 4th, 2-0 Pakistan.....but only because they are better than us.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
312/7 lead of 240

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Pakistan chased 300+ here last year.

Far from a foregone conclusion yet. Still get near evens on a Pakistan win.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Slightly harsh. Only the ridiculous bad light situation prevented a deserved England win in the first Test, remember.

I think you're being a tad generous by saying "deserved" - after all, Pakistan got 523/8 dec in their 1st innings. Granted, Rashid had his one good day of bowling on the tour on Day 5 - it's been tits up for him since then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here