Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Close of play, Day 4

England 46-2 (22 overs)

Cook 17* Root 6*

238 or 8 wickets required for victory from 90 overs tomorrow. All four results are possible. Test match cricket at its finest.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Betting odds are normally an extremely good guide to the true likelihood of events occurring.

If you really thought England were 50-1 then you should currently be sitting on a pile of cash.
Glad I don't bother. I can't figure out how that if I bet on England to win at odds of 50-1 and we have neither won or lost yet I could have piles of cash? The actual chance of England winning is remote and certainly hasn't improved given this score.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Close of play, Day 4

England 46-2 (22 overs)

Cook 17* Root 6*

238 or 8 wickets required for victory from 90 overs tomorrow. All four results are possible. Test match cricket at its finest.
A huge crowd watching tomorrow then - maybe 200?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A good morning session with these two at the crease could make a big hole in the target. Add 100 without losing a wicket would do us well.
Please PM me a list of your current meds,I have GOT to try some.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A good morning session with these two at the crease could make a big hole in the target. Add 100 without losing a wicket would do us well.

I really do admire your optimism.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's a fascinating test series just about to start in Brisbane. Think the Kiwis can get some sort of revenge for the World Cup here. The Aussies are missing Clarke and Rogers, with Khawaja having yet another stab at test cricket. The NZ pace attack is pretty impressive too.

The world's most irritating sportsman has already been sounding off about this game and, with a bit of luck, could get a quacker - although, unfortunately, he's got some ability to go with his gob and could equally get a ton. Should be a cracker

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Woke up checked the score. Two words; F##king typical.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
When was the last time England chased 284 batting last to win a Test? Answers on a scroll please...

Far, far better England teams wouldn't be capable of chasing this down. Some of the posters on here are clearly from the planet Zog.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Very harsh to slate England's performance here. They could easily have won the first test and had Stokes been able to bowl in the second innings here we'd be chasing 50 less. Typical English collapse cost us the second test

The difference between the sides is Pakistan have a quality spinner, we don't. There's not much we can do about that, not sure Ansari would have made much of a difference.

We'll murder them over here in the summer.

Yes...on doctored pitches to suit Anderson and Broad. Put this side on a good pitch and we get murdered ( e.g two Tests v the Aussies ) If we had played on five good pitches this summer we would have lost the series comfortably

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Close of play, Day 4

England 46-2 (22 overs)

Cook 17* Root 6*

No....Test cricket far from its finest. These are two very ordinary sides and England have more cracks than a whorehouse.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Very harsh to slate England's performance here. They could easily have won the first test and had Stokes been able to bowl in the second innings here we'd be chasing 50 less. Typical English collapse cost us the second test

The difference between the sides is Pakistan have a quality spinner, we don't. There's not much we can do about that, not sure Ansari would have made much of a difference.

We'll murder them over here in the summer.

And losing 3 tosses out of three was hardly helpful.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yes...on doctored pitches to suit Anderson and Broad. Put this side on a good pitch and we get murdered ( e.g two Tests v the Aussies ) If we had played on five good pitches this summer we would have lost the series comfortably

And these pitches don't suit the Pakistani's?

I agree with you though, we are some way behind Australia and South Africa on decent tracks. Perhaps New Zealand as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here