Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owlstalk chip on their shoulder?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It is not just the decline of their football teams. It is the decline of their whole rat-infested city.

The once great steel producing city that was at the center of our former vast empire, has declined to become a toilet, with their shopping center their only thing of note.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Let's hope this thread doesn't get bounced by some Wednesday fans on Friday night.

FWIW - I think Wednesday are clearly a bigger club than us. To suggest otherwise seems delusional.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Nothing has changed. I remember this thread appearing in Owlstalk in the December of the 10/11 season (I think Wednesday were 2nd or 3rd at the time):

Seaweed fans - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MATCHDAY - Owlstalk

Quite funny to see some of the assertions about our form falling away and laughing at the suggestion that we might sell >16k season tickets for our first season at the Amex.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Let's hope this thread doesn't get bounced by some Wednesday fans on Friday night.

FWIW - I think Wednesday are clearly a bigger club than us. To suggest otherwise seems delusional.

Too right they are! I think this post from a Blackpool fan sums up their SUPERMASSIVENESS perfectly:-

Professor Brian Cox has just released a statement from the Large Hadron Collider research facility which has shocked the world of science. Speaking from his lab in CERN, he confirmed that the recent positive test results for the fabled 'Higgs Boson'were corrupted by a mysterious SUPERMASSIVE force, centred upon the Hillsborough hills in the UK.

This SUPERMASSIVE force is causing mainland Europe to now drift towards the UK at a rate of 1 inches per home match played, which will be a bonus for the Wednesday as it will bring their fans based in Barcelona, Madrid and Milan closer to the MASSIVE action.

:ohmy:

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
There's been a MASSIVE development on the SUPERMASSIVENESS of The Wendy's - after two British leading lights have pooled their resources in a bid to understand 'The Hillsborough Phenomenon'...

After concluding their studies, Stephen Hawking and Brian Cox have announced that they no longer believe in traditional scientific theorum and are now confirmed 'Wednesdayologists'.

They intend to prove that there is a fourth particle in the universe, 'Wednesdectron' of which EVERYTHING is based.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
C'mon, a bit of respect. Like Leeds, they are a MASSIVE MASSIVE cloob.

owlsonlineadmin

Jul 22, 2010
Don't tar us all with the same brush please

This was from my preview of our last visit in 2011.

"As a final point, I’d like to kiss a big goodbye to the Withdean, it’s been emotional, good luck to Brighton in their move to Falmer, hopefully we’ll be singing in the away end before too long, their fans deserve the move after they crap they’ve had. "

Owlsalive and Owlsonline are the forums i'd recommend, more chance of a decent discussion.

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

"As a final point, I’d like to kiss a big goodbye to the Withdean, it’s been emotional, good luck to Brighton in their move to Falmer, hopefully we’ll be singing in the away end before too long, their fans deserve the move after they crap they’ve had. "

Owlsalive and Owlsonline are the forums i'd recommend, more chance of a decent discussion.

Don't worry Mr Owl, it's only a bit of fun. :kiss:

ps Great sentiments about the Last Days of Shitdean btw. I think you'll enjoy the new gaff after suffering the indignity of watching your team from a different postcode last time. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Having read that thread about are we being serious come on.... they have a few idiots but we do to just look at Caskey and Plod on there.

Have no feelings either way about Wednesday and I imagine the majority of their fans feel the same way about us.

Forget others lets just enjoy our ride, We have waited long enough!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Yeah, only banter Mr Owl.
Enjoy the evening.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Fair enough mate....you have to admit though, the Blackpool response in January was pure class and absolute comedy gold was it not?

Looking forward to Friday, should be a great game.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
On a serious note, are we going to allowed to wear the blue and white stripes on Friday? Or will that be too disrespectful to the mighty Wednesday? Maybe we should wear the green n black incase we upset them.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Its another world, up there Yorkshire. What do born and bred Sussex know about it?

If you are a son of a steel worker do you support Wednesday or United?

Whippets and ferrets and flat caps and donkey poo on Scarborough Beach. And the Germans shelled Scarbrough in WWI. That's were when Wednesday were a top team.

They build stone walls over the place. No hedges.

In ilkley moor batat: speak sort of foreign, although they are taught English at school.

Last of the Summer Wine gives us the best gen.

The top Yorkshire football club is Leeds United or Sheffield Wednesday? Not York City.

The most famous Yorkie is Geoff Boycott. Keith Prescott learned boxing up there. If you count Hull as part of Yorkshire. Since they built the bridge they are connected now...

The sea is to the east which is very strange.

What else?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
PS: I went to Yorkshire on my way to Lancashire once. There was barbed wire and dead sheep all over their hills (not called downs?)

Our van would not go up their hills cause they were too steep and the Police stopped us when we said we were going to watch an important football match in Rochdale? (Yorkshire is so big you can't seem to avoid it). They just laughed and said it was down hill most of the way.

Last edited:

Seat Stealer

Jun 23, 2012
Nothing has changed. I remember this thread appearing in Owlstalk in the December of the 10/11 season (I think Wednesday were 2nd or 3rd at the time):

Seaweed fans - SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY MATCHDAY - Owlstalk

Quite funny to see some of the assertions about our form falling away and laughing at the suggestion that we might sell >16k season tickets for our first season at the Amex.

I reckon that a few need to eat humble pie on this thread.......................so many Wednesday fans................so so wrong

Jul 13, 2012
Sheffield Wednesday

post-3404-0-79210700-1346869940.jpg

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I guarantee that every Weds fan in attendance Friday, whether they admit it or not, will leave our stadium realising we are set up for long term sustainable top level football and further ahead of them in every respect other than history. Win or lose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here